Great day yesterday!

barberch

After having a 25 foot fall from a ladder and suffering a traumatic brain injury in March 2021, we sold my sled and trailer because it was unlikely I would ever ride again. In April 2022 I was given full clearance medically by all my doctors to start riding again! I was able to find a trailer a month or so ago and started my search for something to ride. I am happy to report i bought a 2022 Skidoo Renegade X 900R yesterday! It is in excellent condition and I cant wait to ride again!

314702429_799414911118559_5602954071399184726_n.jpg

• Like 28

Great news! congratulations on the recovery, and coming back to the hobby you love! Ski

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, barberch said:

After having a 25 foot fall from a ladder and suffering a traumatic brain injury in March 2021, we sold my sled and trailer because it was unlikely I would ever ride again. In April 2022 I was given full clearance medically by all my doctors to start riding again! I was able to find a trailer a month or so ago and started my search for something to ride. I am happy to report i bought a 2022 Skidoo Renegade X 900R yesterday! It is in excellent condition and I cant wait to ride again!

314702429_799414911118559_5602954071399184726_n.jpg

Fantastic, congratulations on the sled but mostly the recovery!!

• Like 1

Great to hear barberch!!

• Like 1

That would be a great day , now keep your feet on the ground , your ass on that sled seat . 

• Like 1

April must have been a great month for you, for so many reasons considering - great news on the positive outcome of a bad accident.

What sort of a miracle happened in order for the prognosis to change?

Enjoy the year, hopefully you can return to your pre-injury km's - looks like you were a high mile'r!

• Like 1

Awesome news on the recovery. Pretty well the same sled as mine. Don't squeeze the throttle all the way, unless you are holding on very very tightly. It can lift the front very easily.

Suspension is awesome compared to my Vector; close to ditching the kidney belt I've worn for 20 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

Awesome news on the recovery. Pretty well the same sled as mine. Don't squeeze the throttle all the way, unless you are holding on very very tightly. It can lift the front very easily.

Suspension is awesome compared to my Vector; close to ditching the kidney belt I've worn for 20 years.

thats good to hear! I have had a few different Enduro models and loved the suspension. The new sled doesnt have the TX skis with the adjustable carbides. Im hoping there isnt any darting.

1 hour ago, stoney said:

April must have been a great month for you, for so many reasons considering - great news on the positive outcome of a bad accident.

What sort of a miracle happened in order for the prognosis to change?

Enjoy the year, hopefully you can return to your pre-injury km's - looks like you were a high mile'r!

End of March marked the 1 year anniversary of my fall . I had follow ups with all my doctors I had been seeing and they were surprised at how much i had progressed in the year since the fall. The brain is an amazing part of us that is able to fix itself pretty quickly!

Not being able to ride last year made for a very long winter. I am looking forward to putting on some miles this year!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, coldfinger said:

That would be a great day , now keep your feet on the ground , your ass on that sled seat . 

Thanks! those sound like good things for me to do!

14 hours ago, barberch said:

thats good to hear! I have had a few different Enduro models and loved the suspension. The new sled doesnt have the TX skis with the adjustable carbides. Im hoping there isnt any darting.

Funny you mention that. I do have the TX ski, only time I adjusted was between hard trail and deep snow. I didn't notice darting with the blade ninimum depth, even when  compared to the Vector which had snow trackers, so zero darting.i did go to a medium windshield, for those week long cold trips.

• Like 1

Great news,  happy riding this season

• Like 1

17 hours ago, barberch said:

2 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Funny you mention that. I do have the TX ski, only time I adjusted was between hard trail and deep snow. I didn't notice darting with the blade ninimum depth, even when  compared to the Vector which had snow trackers, so zero darting.i did go to a medium windshield, for those week long cold trips.

I also have the same sled without the TX ski and the 1.5" IR track, I do not recall any darting issues last year at all - out of the box & some set up in the garage it had some pushing in the corners, but after some adjustment, that was resolved.

I ran the Woodys 9600 series 6-inch carbides, normally I am shaper bar guy, that have always worked great for me, but wanted to try something new - I will be going back to a shaper bar this year, not because I was disappointed with the Woody, just want to see if there is a difference on this chassis/ski.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 8:26 AM, barberch said:

Absolutely awesome news Chris, congrats on the wicked new ride, look forward to seeing you out on the trail again 🍻

• Like 1

Congratulations on your bounce back (no pun intended). Yes, the brain, and indeed the human body, have great recovery power. It takes good health care, and steadfast resolve on the patient's part to achieve full recovery.  Enjoy the new sled!

• Like 1