Winter Storms - 2022-2023

Dan-Senior

Looks like Hornepayne and Hearst are getting an instant winter by the weekend.

hornepayne friday.jpg

• Like 7

Amazing - hard to believe I was outside setting up our rink in t-shirt and shorts yesterday.....

• Like 1

Doo you winter there?

• 3 weeks later...

Green Grass

Is it green grass or is it snow?  The Snow maps are way off this season.

A friend was north of Searchmont, (past Wabos), last Sunday and was swimming in snow and sent me photos to prove it.  The snow maps revealed minimal snow. 

Another friend was on the north end of the Tribag Mine road, north of Sault Ste. Marie and said the same, well over a foot of snow.  The snow maps showed minimal snow.

Now that warm weather has moved in, it looks like 1st hand feedback from actual riders will be the accurate source of information this month leading into December.

Dan

Sault Ste. Marie

• Like 1

Another storm went through last night.  Searchmont got the brunt of it.  30+cms according to 2 friends living up there.  We are going to investigate later today with sleds in-tow.  A couple of sections in the remote area have some descent logging roads / trails.

snowbanks.jpg

• Like 5

Pic of road:

Doesn't matter what the road look like, the bunny huggers with ski's strapped on top of their Subaru's are still gunna go flying around you like it was July!

I even took a ride in the back of an OPP cruiser, sammiched in the middle, skeered to death that we were going to end up in the drink, and there I was in the middle of the back, drowning in 2' of water!

We did make it out alive obviously, but I don't run that stretch of road too fast....