MTO Registration Sticker

Puggz

As they've done away with yearly tags/stickers for autos, is it the same for sleds?

TIA<

P

How many people have sleds and no vehicle that requires either free registration, that you still need to renew or paid registration….I think most when they do one they will do the other and see you need to and pay. 

Did my vehicles just the other day.

1 = free :)

2 = paid :(

With all the government advertising, not sure how you get a pass on that now if you haven’t done it…jmo. 

Sleds,= recreational vehicle, need to pay for it.

ATV 4 wheeler = recreational vehicle, no need to pay 

???????

Cars and trucks for personal use, need to renew, just not pay for it

Cars and truck for Commercial, business use, need to pay for it

2 minutes ago, Dave K said:

???????

Atv’s are very  limited to road access in many areas, sleds aren’t as restricted that way. 

3 minutes ago, Dave K said:

???????

Wow, that makes no sense about sled and atv’s….but when you register any of your vehicles, you’ll find that out…..lol

9 hours ago, Puggz said:

As they've done away with yearly tags/stickers for autos, is it the same for sleds?

TIA<

P

I received a notice by mail about 45 days ago saying that I needed to renew my yearly sled registration. I did the registration online and received the stickers within 2 weeks. Great service. Do you think the Ford Gov't got rid of any employees when they made these changes?

7 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I received a notice by mail about 45 days ago saying that I needed to renew my yearly sled registration. I did the registration online and received the stickers within 2 weeks. Great service. Do you think the Ford Gov't got rid of any employees when they made these changes?

I received one too a little while ago, but just for one vehicle oddly enough…my truck that can’t be done online, which is too bad, so going to service Ontario this week for that. 

8 hours ago, Dave K said:

Yep, Just did my 5 commercial pick up trucks on Thursday.    5 x $265/yr   😡

26 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

5 thought you going down to a few soon ? 

thinking about selling one of the plow trucks after this winter. Hopefully, this is my last winter as a contractor.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 8:38 AM, stoney said:

With all the government advertising, not sure how you get a pass on that now if you haven’t done it…jmo. 

Where is all the advertising? I am pretty good at ignoring advertising in general, but I usually hear the province's ads. I have heard highway 413 ads, and streamlining housing starts ads, but no ad telling me that I need a val tag for my sled. Do I need them for my road going motorcycles?

not needed on motorcycle

1 hour ago, tricky said:

Where is all the advertising? I am pretty good at ignoring advertising in general, but I usually hear the province's ads. I have heard highway 413 ads, and streamlining housing starts ads, but no ad telling me that I need a val tag for my sled. Do I need them for my road going motorcycles?

I am not a big TV watcher, especially news.....but for a period there earlier this year I was hearing it quite frequently on the radio, what I listen to the most and where I would hear about this, I even think it was mentioned on here, Kerry Schmidt was talking about, I am sure there were bill boards too, etc.....so to me, it seemed hard to overlook.

As for stating specifically for your sled, I would ask that question, why would you not need it??? It is not as though they did away with the sticker, just the fees associated with the sticker for most vehicles.

Than as mentioned above the effort to educate people about the changes made and just because it is free, plus you may have received a credit, does not mean you still do not need the actual sticker moving forward..

As I mentioned, I actually received a notice as well for one of my vehicles too.

When I log on to renew my plates, I can enter all the vehicles that I would normally buy stickers for and procced as required - two I order / buy online and the other I need to go into the service Ontario office for.

I am not suggesting the government always does things the most sensibly, but I find people tend to spend a great deal of time and effort on looking the other way just because vs. using a little common sense or putting effort into something actually productive.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tricky said:

Ont. govt. did a lot of advertising early on (TV and in print) and it stated you still have to register the vehicles either online or at Service Ontario.  So when you do that for your sleds as you do every year, you will find you have to pay for/get a val tag for them and not for your road bikes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Ont. govt. did a lot of advertising early on (TV and in print) and it stated you still have to register the vehicles either online or at Service Ontario.  So when you do that for your sleds as you do every year, you will find you have to pay for/get a val tag for them and not for your road bikes.

Good, so it was not just me imagining all these messages…lol