Scratchers - which one and what size?

Puggz

I've never needed to run scratchers on my 6000rs (129) but last year my wife's 6000ltd (137) was over heating on marginal and hard packed trails.

As I'm expecting delivery of a 850 XCR 136 this fall (fingers crossed..lol) I'm wondering what scratchers/accessories are the best out there.

Quali Pieces look well made, so do Straightline performance.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

TIA<

P.

• Like 1

I like rail mounted scratchers.  

I am mounting skidoo spring style on my Matryx Assault.   Using One Rig Design mounting brackets.  

I am using the flexible cable type that are on the rails - first time last year with them, worked good with no issues, I actually just put one down after reading on here about another member doing that with no issues, so I try to alternate which side I use.

For ref, sled is a 137" with 1.5 IR track.

Previous sled had the rail mounted spring ones, worked good, just need to be aware of reverse when down.

BRP spring style ones that attach to tunnel seem to have great reviews by most.

43 minutes ago, stoney said:

I am using the flexible cable type that are on the rails - first time last year with them, worked good with no issues, I actually just put one down after reading on here about another member doing that with no issues, so I try to alternate which side I use.

For ref, sled is a 137" with 1.5 IR track.

Previous sled had the rail mounted spring ones, worked good, just need to be aware of reverse when down.

BRP spring style ones that attach to tunnel seem to have great reviews by most.

Thanks Stoney - do you remember what length you have? I assume the longer versions are for the longer tracks..:!:?

33 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Thanks Stoney - do you remember what length you have? I assume the longer versions are for the longer tracks..:!:?

yes, I went with the longer versions - they were a bit  cheaper too for some reason.

Longer ones I would say are for deeper lug tracks since the rail is now further from the snow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Get the BRP tunnel mount reversible scratchers, I’ve tried pretty much every other scratcher and the BRP reversibles are the best so far.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2022 at 9:32 AM, Puggz said:

I've never needed to run scratchers on my 6000rs (129) but last year my wife's 6000ltd (137) was over heating on marginal and hard packed trails.

As I'm expecting delivery of a 850 XCR 136 this fall (fingers crossed..lol) I'm wondering what scratchers/accessories are the best out there.

Quali Pieces look well made, so do Straightline performance.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

TIA<

P.

I am going with cable scratchers mounted to my a arms this year, used the ACS ones last year but going with a different brand and mounts for the new sled.

Ended up with Quali's, got them at the show.  Thanks for everyone's help :)

• Like 2

I use the Quali’s mounted on their special bottom shock bolt.

900T cooling is very seldom an issue so seldom need the scratchers. This keeps them up out of the way.

lf l do need the scratches have to use two 14 mm wrenches to loosen jam nut and turn the scratchers down to contact the trail.

A8B11298-A8B1-4F3B-ADA8-E7B5E32E2349.png