Wow no Royal Dist

ecarnell

They had a big booth, took a lot of work to set up and take down I’m sure, maybe not worth it. 
plus I’m guessing their online sales have skyrocketed in the last bit, so hard to justify the shows expense when online department is doing so well. 
Don’t blame them. 

2 hours ago, stoney said:

They had a big booth, took a lot of work to set up and take down I’m sure, maybe not worth it. 
plus I’m guessing their online sales have skyrocketed in the last bit, so hard to justify the shows expense when online department is doing so well. 
Don’t blame them. 

Factor in cost of space for booth, lodgings, meals etc.  transport ot items.  Deal with the international centre labour and rates. 

Cheaper to have their big tent sales in own stores.  

This is a huge opportunity for another vendor or vendors.  Wonder what the true cause of the decision not to attend is.  I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't make money with the traffic their booth saw.  Every second person at the show was leaving with a royal bag and something they'd purchased.

3 minutes ago, signfan said:

This is a huge opportunity for another vendor or vendors.  Wonder what the true cause of the decision not to attend is.  I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't make money with the traffic their booth saw.  Every second person at the show was leaving with a royal bag and something they'd purchased.

I think there is some politics with manufactures and Royal distributing. I heard if Royal was going manufacturers would all pull out? This new show is put on by manufacturers As a major sponsor I believe. 

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Factor in cost of space for booth, lodgings, meals etc.  transport ot items.  Deal with the international centre labour and rates. 

Cheaper to have their big tent sales in own stores.  

The online business in Canada has made a significant increase here in the last little bit, prior to that, it did not seem to be all that well received - add to that the deals now on free shipping, that we did not see much of before, not a hard sell for most business' to focus more on that.

41 minutes ago, signfan said:

Yes, it will be and perhaps a good thing - but I think people are more aware of offerings from a variety of resellers now, so those other companies will need to have a sharp pencil to get the sale.

But guys are still impulse buyers too, so who knows.

36 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

I think there is some politics with manufactures and Royal distributing. I heard if Royal was going manufacturers would all pull out? This new show is put on by manufacturers As a major sponsor I believe. 

Manufactures as in Cat, Doo & Poo? I would find it odd for that seeing as both sides of the business feed off one another - sell more vehicles = sell more parts, attire, etc.....

A strong manufacture(s) market would mean a strong market for companies like Royal. Sure the manufactures have there accessories, but there will always be a need for both.

But perhaps having Royal there and how busy there booth/section usually is, takes away some of the lime light from the manufactures.

Have not been in a while, but when I used to go to frequent the Detroit auto show annually, the focus was definitely placed on the manufactures.  

4 hours ago, stoney said:

Yes, it will be and perhaps a good thing - but I think people are more aware of offerings from a variety of resellers now, so those other companies will need to have a sharp pencil to get the sale.

But guys are still impulse buyers too, so who knows.

Manufactures as in Cat, Doo & Poo? I would find it odd for that seeing as both sides of the business feed off one another - sell more vehicles = sell more parts, attire, etc.....

A strong manufacture(s) market would mean a strong market for companies like Royal. Sure the manufactures have there accessories, but there will always be a need for both.

But perhaps having Royal there and how busy there booth/section usually is, takes away some of the lime light from the manufactures.

Have not been in a while, but when I used to go to frequent the Detroit auto show annually, the focus was definitely placed on the manufactures.  

7DB784C3-31DD-4F05-89A3-DE7BAC161C0B.png

Well if it’s the manufacturers forcing Royal out how will they cover the costs and fees previously shouldered by Royal?

Dealers sell accessories.   Not the manufacturer.   Will more dealers now attend with booths?

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Well if it’s the manufacturers forcing Royal out how will they cover the costs and fees previously shouldered by Royal?

Dealers sell accessories.   Not the manufacturer.   Will more dealers now attend with booths?

Yes, but manufacturers also make accessories - just nobody buys them because they buy off-brand via Royal.

I 100% bet Royal have considered the costs and it is not worth it.

Some manufacturers will come and sell direct to public. I grip is an example of this. I believe this is type of show oems support. Without them there is no show and they have been sticking together lately. All or none lately. Manufactures have pulled out of snowmobile show before, years ago when they weren’t happy with what was happening. 

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I don't believe that is the reason Royal isn't there. I think it can be attributed to cost of attending and lack of product available to sell. The sled manufacturers are there to sell sleds. That is obvious from their displays for the last number of years.

As far as the manufacturers putting on the show, it appears to be  a manufacturer but not a sled manufacturer. Below is what you find when you google it although Amsoil may only be the major sponsor the show:

35th annual NFP Toronto International Snowmobile, ATV & Powersports Show, presented by AMSOIL, October 21-23, 2022 at the International Centre.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Yes, but manufacturers also make accessories - just nobody buys them because they buy off-brand via Royal.

I 100% bet Royal have considered the costs and it is not worth it.

Royal was famous for selling old inventory at blow out prices at show. Possibility they don’t have enough old inventory left in stock now. I sense focus is more on oems and manufacturers this time around. 

• Like 1

I'm sure its economics, or politics, or both. A couple of sled dealers I've talked to are still struggling with getting inventory, KLIM is one that's falling way short. CKX top end helmets didn't ship until last season was over.

I'm sure Royal will have a decent sale over the weekend anyways so I can shop in my underwear while sipping a single malt and have it delivered to my door :D.  I'm still going to the show, its gonna be a date night for me and the missus.

P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think it is a combo of lack of non current stock that needs to be blown out, uptick in online sales and the cost of the booth.    I used to be in the motorcycle business and a 20x40 booth at the Toronto Show cost $20K 10 years ago.     I bet it cost Royal $250K to do that show.     I am sure it just came down to math.    Not enough return for the cost/effort.   

By the sounds of it, their tent sale a few weeks ago cleared out just about all their non current product and they didnt have to move anything back/forth from Toronto.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Kehoe said Royal will be there this year with a predominantly FXR booth

it will be an FXR booth then.

My email from Royal says "Royal will not  be at the Toronto Show this year"

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ecarnell said:

At snowmobile show this year.

that a first ???

Does anyone know if they'll be having a sale this weekend? I missed their 20% sale they had a few weeks ago.

Royal has a instore only sale starting today.

10% off

plus no tax.  

Nothing on their website, did you get an email? I did not

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Does anyone know if they'll be having a sale this weekend? I missed their 20% sale they had a few weeks ago.

Nothing on their website, did you get an email? I did not

Yes I received it in an email.  

Guess I'll be there in the AM :)