OFSC Catch the ACE? Is this a scam?

Candubrain

https://www.gsocta.ca

Just saw this on FB....The Ontario Organized Snowmobilers Charitable Corporation Catch the ACE.

It appears to have the full support of the OFSC, for example if you click on the Privacy Policy link it takes you to the OFSC website.

Is this legit or a scam......I thought clubs couldn't run 50/50 draws or Catch the Ace type lotteries.    I realize this isn't a snowmobile club, but the OFSC is ok with it?

54 minutes ago, Candubrain said:

https://www.gsocta.ca

Just saw this on FB....The Ontario Organized Snowmobilers Charitable Corporation Catch the ACE.

It appears to have the full support of the OFSC, for example if you click on the Privacy Policy link it takes you to the OFSC website.

Is this legit or a scam......I thought clubs couldn't run 50/50 draws or Catch the Ace type lotteries.    I realize this isn't a snowmobile club, but the OFSC is ok with it?

The Ontario Organized Snowmobilers Charitable Corporation  is a registered charity so is able to legally have the draw. I googled them to see what was up.

• Like 3

This charity is associated with the OFSC.  Clubs/Districts can run these as long as they get a license from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission, and follow the rules on how proceeds can be spent. This type of fundraiser has worked well for groups like the Hunters and Anglers.

• Like 2

@Bearcat_w has the OFSC changed their policies for the 2022/2023 season as this was not the case previously.    Our club president was told no last year

21 hours ago, Candubrain said:

@Bearcat_w has the OFSC changed their policies for the 2022/2023 season as this was not the case previously.    Our club president was told no last year

Each club is its own corporation and so is the OFSC. 

Ofsc has its own Charitable number and under the guidance of staff, decided to take a poke at this lottery. Will be used for infrastructure,  safety related programs.

Without a large permit increase. 

So if you wanna play, support the trails give it a shot..

Personally I think its an exciting endeavor for organised snowmobiling.

Completely legit...

• Like 3

I think it's a great idea.

12 minutes ago, Candubrain said:

I think it's a great idea.

We need some out of the box thinking, which I think Ryan Eickmeier (CEO)  Excom and staff are doing a fair job of.

There are many clubs and or districts doing different styles of fundraising.  Some have are registered charitys. But with that, there can be alot of red tape. It can be a slippery slope, but can be done...

Even to have a 50/50 draw you must register.. 

Yes I had been looking at the AGCO policies, red tape is an understatement