Some good news

signfan

Great information. Thanks.

There were some quick sections between Dville and Hornepayne. Wonder where this replacement is:

"Trail reroute of 60 kilometres of trail D108A between Dubreuilville and Hornepayne"

9 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Great information. Thanks.

There were some quick sections between Dville and Hornepayne. Wonder where this replacement is:

"Trail reroute of 60 kilometres of trail D108A between Dubreuilville and Hornepayne"

I believe the re route will be getting the trails off some of the logging roads if I am correct.

the Dubreuilville re-route, will get us off the Simpson, and Drey roads, permanently (crosses fingers).

the current trail, from town to the tracks going north to Hornepayne (on the long side of the old, 100 mile loop) is in place, and has been for a few years now. the reroute is from the tracks to the big Kabi river (halfway point to Hornepayne). the MNR, and Logging groups gave the club 3 years, to find a solution, letting the club know, they could no longer use the roads. this all took place shortly after the bridge over the Kabi for logging was built. once that bridge went in, you could see the writing on the wall.

this re-route actually utilizes the original trail the club had, prior to the roads coming into use for the winter for the club. Patrick Bouchard put forth a HUGE effort of planning, getting estimates, applying for funding several times, and doing everything in his power through the club, district and ofsc to get this project funded and underway. he has been working his butt off mentally and physically to get this done, to avoid closing the trail altogether (which almost happened). he, Patrice Dubreuil, Raymond Dubreuil, Junior from the bait shop, and logging community, and Patrick's wife, and kids, have been walking and flagging the new trail, so the 3 excavators he has lined up, can get in there and get the trail cleared before the grooming season is upon them. they have lots of obstacles to overcome... several wet areas, and beaver pond issues, crossing the Simpson road 3-4 times between the tracks and the Kabi. it wont be easy but, they have a great team, and great game plan. 

This is a GOOD THING!!! hoping Lynne and I can help out at some point too. just hard to do 500 miles away, and only being up there a few days at a time. if any of you have time, and want to help, let me know, and I will put you in contact with Patrick, and the club. thank you all in advance. Ski

• Like 5