2022/2023 Sledding Plans, Pictures, etc…

stoney

So with Oct just around the corner, what plans do people have in the works or thinking of doing for the upcoming season?

I think I’ll be making the trek to NB this year for a trip - nothing concrete yet. 
Taking the kids on some rides for sure too. 
Not sure what else. 

Sled needs upgraded torsion springs for when taking the kids. 
I think that’s about it. 

• Like 1

083E7C5C-BDED-4156-9D31-D94A66303D64.thumb.png.a48b74848231f3666d22000991c5a379.png

1. 6 Day New Brunswick/ Gaspe trip. Will spend 3 days in each province. We did this trip last year. Same loop this year with different group of guys.

56503E3D-4687-4422-965A-9EA2D0D9203F.thumb.png.0e9e3668e0f9fb8a7ae0dd9ec0ae3607.png

2. A five day loop, Saint Raymond, Lac St Jean, Mont Valin loop.

3. Another week during March Break couples trip. Haven’t decided yet where we wil spend this week. Will be Quebec or possibly NB

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

083E7C5C-BDED-4156-9D31-D94A66303D64.thumb.png.a48b74848231f3666d22000991c5a379.png

1. 6 Day New Brunswick/ Gaspe trip. Will spend 3 days in each province. We did this trip last year. Same loop this year with different group of guys.

56503E3D-4687-4422-965A-9EA2D0D9203F.thumb.png.0e9e3668e0f9fb8a7ae0dd9ec0ae3607.png

2. A five day loop, Saint Raymond, Lac St Jean, Mont Valin loop.

3. Another week during March Break couples trip. Haven’t decided yet where we wil spend this week. Will be Quebec or possibly NB

Very nice!!

Do you also buy an ON trail pass on top of the QC & NB passes?

Impressive that your group are all already firmed up for these rides!

Trail 355 in QC this year not going to be an issue or not sure yet? It was only open part time last year.

Have a couple of ideas.

Hoping for snow between Christmas and New Years - so we can shake the rust off.

Last winter - my son had a hockey game in Zurich, Ontario - there was good snow and lots of trails around - arena was s drop spot, I see on his schedule - we are there in February again this year, so I have told him we'll take the sleds if the weather is good - play his game - then ride after - would be a new area - good area for him as a young rider - *( fields - in/out etc. )

Looking to do a small trip with him once hockey schedule allows it.

Other than that - a whole lot of sitting in the garage :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, signfan said:

At least it's built and off the assembly line this year prior to March.  

It’s actually a 2022 that I held at dealer for summer.  At least it’s in their showroom blocking space they need so update should get done once available 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stoney said:

Very nice!!

Do you also buy an ON trail pass on top of the QC & NB passes?

Impressive that your group are all already firmed up for these rides!

Trail 355 in QC this year not going to be an issue or not sure yet? It was only open part time last year.

Yes buy both ON and Quebec passes. Not sure about the NB pass yet. $140 for 3 day pass or $205 for season NB pass. Might buy the season pass for more flexibility.

Have ridden very little in ON the pass 5 years. Fortunate the ON pass is cheap. 

The same group of guys been going to Quebec for 14 years now so we usually go the same week. Getting a lot easier to plan as fellows retire or others self employed so easier to get commitments early. 

l haven’t seen anything about the 355 this year. I think it was logging last year keeping it closed sometimes?

For passes it’s my second machine that my wife or one of my sons may ride that it gets tricky to know whether to buy season pass or not as never know for sure in the fall who might go to Quebec. Last year didn’t buy the season pass mainly because of the uncertainty due to Covid. 
Ended up machine went to Quebec 3 times.

Mont Laurier and Gaspe with my wife two different trips.

Once with my son to NB/Gaspe.

Spend $600 buying 3 day and one week passes. 

45 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Yes buy both ON and Quebec passes. Not sure about the NB pass yet. $140 for 3 day pass or $205 for season NB pass. Might buy the season pass for more flexibility.

Have ridden very little in ON the pass 5 years. Fortunate the ON pass is cheap. 

The same group of guys been going to Quebec for 14 years now so we usually go the same week. Getting a lot easier to plan as fellows retire or others self employed so easier to get commitments early. 

l haven’t seen anything about the 355 this year. I think it was logging last year keeping it closed sometimes?

For passes it’s my second machine that my wife or one of my sons may ride that it gets tricky to know whether to buy season pass or not as never know for sure in the fall who might go to Quebec. Last year didn’t buy the season pass mainly because of the uncertainty due to Covid. 
Ended up machine went to Quebec 3 times.

Mont Laurier and Gaspe with my wife two different trips.

Once with my son to NB/Gaspe.

Spend $600 buying 3 day and one week passes. 

Lol, yep….the cheap Ontario pass making it an easy pill to swallow, for some….

Definitely nice if your group all commits - seems to be an issue for us when we plan, everyone is guns a blazing months before until date is closer, than start dropping like flies….lol

If I recall, 355 last year was closed during week for logging, open weekends - but I’d imagine unless they receive a dump of snow on Friday, trail conditions may suck on weekends. 
We avoided it last year because of that. 

• Sad 1

We do less trail riding now and more through the swamps and out on the ice. Have to decide which trail sled I'll sell the Renegade or the Mach, certainly don't need both. Spent

more time on my GTX fan running around the swamps, think next year I'll order a Tundra type sled.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stoney said:

Lol, yep….the cheap Ontario pass making it an easy pill to swallow, for some….

Definitely nice if your group all commits - seems to be an issue for us when we plan, everyone is guns a blazing months before until date is closer, than start dropping like flies….lol

If I recall, 355 last year was closed during week for logging, open weekends - but I’d imagine unless they receive a dump of snow on Friday, trail conditions may suck on weekends. 
We avoided it last year because of that. 

Sounds like here. Talking sleding all summer. We talk about getting Quebec seasonals     Ontario is never an issue   still planning on buying Quebec permits as needed I think      the free weekend is part of the planning   time will tell 

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Think I just go to Cochrane for three or four days and rent this winter, if I can find someone to ride with. Try one of those new Polaris matrix sleds if they are allowed to rent them. 

$1350.00 including tax  for 4 days and they have a 600 Indy at Cochrane Rentals.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Think I just go to Cochrane for three or four days and rent this winter, if I can find someone to ride with. Try one of those new Polaris matrix sleds if they are allowed to rent them. 

But you have/had a sled?!?!?

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

$1350.00 including tax  for 4 days and they have a 600 Indy at Cochrane Rentals.

I was not expecting a place that rented sleds in Cochrane.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Could fly in on a Tuesday, then ride until Friday and fly home. Be home in time for dinner on Friday 😎.  

Great idea! Enjoy the ski plane ride.

• Haha 2

On 9/28/2022 at 11:22 AM, Spiderman said:

Have a couple of ideas.

Hoping for snow between Christmas and New Years - so we can shake the rust off.

Last winter - my son had a hockey game in Zurich, Ontario - there was good snow and lots of trails around - arena was s drop spot, I see on his schedule - we are there in February again this year, so I have told him we'll take the sleds if the weather is good - play his game - then ride after - would be a new area - good area for him as a young rider - *( fields - in/out etc. )

Looking to do a small trip with him once hockey schedule allows it.

Other than that - a whole lot of sitting in the garage :)

Let me know when, willing to guide the area anytime!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Why they have a 4500 foot asphalt runway just north of town. 😎

Do any airlines provide regular flights to/from in the winter from our area or TO?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lastzrt said:

Let me know when, willing to guide the area anytime!

Will let you know for sure.

Thanks for the offer.

7 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Do any airlines provide regular flights to/from in the winter from our area or TO?

Air Canada. I believe. 

All that pops up on Search is flights to Timmins.

???

1 hour ago, Ox said:

All that pops up on Search is flights to Timmins.

???

Probably only Timmins.

And Val D’OR if you prefer QC.