Three bears is no tree bear

zoso

1 hour ago, Jason T said:

A few of us rode up last year for a day trip from Sudbury. Was a great time, and great spot! This season were thinking of renting a cabin and staying over. Hosts were fantastic people. Lots of snow on the way home.

20220127_124256.jpg

20220127_125543.jpg

20220127_150213.jpg

I did not see the dog the first time laying on the sled, but now I do - what is the story with that?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I did not see the dog the first time laying on the sled, but now I do - what is the story with that?

Looks like a Karelian bear dog

13 hours ago, zoso said:

Once again folks can make new memories at an old haunt. 4 new cabins, a shop, and a new bears den. Good news.

I haven't been up there in probably 8 years now.  It's crazy seeing the pics of what it looks like there now.  I still stay in touch with Kelly quite a bit.

9 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Looks like a Karelian bear dog

Fitting I guess being a Bear camp!

I remember the old owners had a few dogs there as well - do not recall what they were though.

9 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I haven't been up there in probably 8 years now.  It's crazy seeing the pics of what it looks like there now.  I still stay in touch with Kelly quite a bit.

I think the last time we were there, they were using the camp as a landing pad & fueling station for the helicopter used by the guys doing the surveys in the area for the mining they were going to be doing soon - which I think is now in full swing.

3 hours ago, stoney said:

Fitting I guess being a Bear camp!

I remember the old owners had a few dogs there as well - do not recall what they were though.

I think the last time we were there, they were using the camp as a landing pad & fueling station for the helicopter used by the guys doing the surveys in the area for the mining they were going to be doing soon - which I think is now in full swing.

They were the bear dogs as well.  We almost took one home with us.  I was closing the ramp door on the trailer and just happened to see the dog sitting up in the V of the trailer.  Ya, a lot of prospecting was going on towards the end of Brandon owning three bears.  They would stop by in the helicopters and would have a cabin or two booked up as well.  

The only time l was at 3 Bears a kid beat on me with a stick on our arrival . The place and water reeked of diesel . Thankfully the meal and booze eased the pain .

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, coldfinger said:

The only time l was at 3 Bears a kid beat on me with a stick on our arrival . The place and water reeked of diesel . Thankfully the meal and booze eased the pain .

yup too funny that was   didn't a dog grab a buddies glove and wont give it back lol     but the steak  meal  was soooooo good

19 hours ago, coldfinger said:

LOL.  All part of the 3 bears experience.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, stoney said:

Your wife did not make that trip with you....lol

Nope, just Ed and I. A quick loop. New Liskeard to Cochrane, Cochrane to Tree Bears and Tree Bears back to New Liskeard.

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Nope, just Ed and I. A quick loop. New Liskeard to Cochrane, Cochrane to Tree Bears and Tree Bears back to New Liskeard.

I was thinking she wouldn’t have made that trip with you cause of the cold temps - I thought you had mentioned at some point that she didn’t like those all that much :)

11 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Maybe I will tell him LoL 

You would have to find him first V2. He has been very illusive since he sold the clubhouse and property. Ed was a long rider for being in his mid 70's.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 9:47 AM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You would have to find him first V2. He has been very illusive since he sold the clubhouse and property. Ed was a long rider for being in his mid 70's.

He sure was. When you went for a ride with Ed you better be prepared for a 400km day.

I haven’t seen him much since we went for a ride late Jan ‘21. He rode my backup sled which I sold shortly after. I have talked to him on the phone a couple times but not lately.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 9:47 AM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Actually just saw him last weekend at the highway men car show     place was packed     saw another sledder. Had a bad accident last year prepping for grass drags.  Full recovery. 

• Like 2