AGM / Permits

signfan

permit ordered ! 

• Like 1

I will order both of ours once I get a VIN number for the new sled, worst case, One trail permit and One Gift Card.

• Like 2

My 2 are ordered + 1 for the FIL

• Like 2

My 2 OFSC permits on the way, plus 2 FCMQ 7 days will buy this year.

• Like 1

I ordered an OFSC gift card.    I am on the fence about a Quebec permit.    I will be a last minute buyer of one if it looks like I will even get close to breaking even on it.    I hate the temp passes from Quebec.   I find that I just get waved through Police checks with the full season sticker on my sled but always have to pull over and go through the motions when I have a temp pass on my machine.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

I ordered an OFSC gift card.    I am on the fence about a Quebec permit.    I will be a last minute buyer of one if it looks like I will even get close to breaking even on it.    I hate the temp passes from Quebec.   I find that I just get waved through Police checks with the full season sticker on my sled but always have to pull over and go through the motions when I have a temp pass on my machine.   

Wow, we've never had much problem with the 7 day permits. Had one guy who wanted to check the dates on each of the 4 sleds years ago but that's the only time and it didn't take long.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Wow, we've never had much problem with the 7 day permits. Had one guy who wanted to check the dates on each of the 4 sleds years ago but that's the only time and it didn't take long.

Same here, no issues that I can recall. 
Last year we actually didn’t run into any of them on our trip. 
But I can see why the partial or temp permits would get scrutinized more….typically suggests that I’m not a local and to validate the dates…lol. 

When I did the Gaspe tour we got stopped 7 times.    I had a full season pass and led most of the trip.    5 out of the 7 times we came to a Police check, I was waved through and the rest of the group was stopped and ALL documents were checked.     

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scottyr said:

When I did the Gaspe tour we got stopped 7 times.    I had a full season pass and led most of the trip.    5 out of the 7 times we came to a Police check, I was waved through and the rest of the group was stopped and ALL documents were checked.     

Wow, that is excessive. 

Last time was in QC I do not recall getting stopped or checked at all in the 2 days through there.

It was also about -45 - so that could have played a factor in it as well lol :)

• Haha 1

Got the email that my permits are shipped today. Might need them judging from the weather. My sleds' permit  #K000010. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Got the email that my permits are shipped today. Might need them judging from the weather. My sleds' permit  #K000010. 

I’m hoping we don’t see an early cold snap/winter like conditions….it usually turns into a flop of a start to actual winter and riding late Jan….

11 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

With price of diesel sky rocketing now. I wonder what affect that have on grooming frequency this winter?  Some sources say we could see 3.0 dollars a litre clear. Hopefully with border open Americans will come back and buy permits again. 

Snow and traffic dictates grooming frequency. The budget dictates fuel useage. We are covered for budget..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

With price of diesel sky rocketing now. I wonder what affect that have on grooming frequency this winter?  Some sources say we could see 3.0 dollars a litre clear. Hopefully with border open Americans will come back and buy permits again. 

I plan to fetch a pair of tags.

• Like 2

Permit arrived today in regular mail. Light green colour.

On 10/7/2022 at 8:26 PM, stoney said:

I’m hoping we don’t see an early cold snap/winter like conditions….it usually turns into a flop of a start to actual winter and riding late Jan….

Last year we had closed schools for all of January - and unfortunately closed trails too.

My son and I were so upset - the one time school and hockey were closed simultaneously and we couldn't even go sledding.

It was a piss off to say the least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Permit arrived today in regular mail. Light green colour.

mine too😊

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Interesting you and your chum or your daughter coming back this winter to ride? 

These two would be for me and my boy.

My current main sledding chum will likely follow us up once this year. 

And my old main sledding chum and his boy are in process of fetchin' their passports as they are chomping at the bit to head back out towards Halfway.

My chum hasn't been up since '08 I don't think, and his boy - never. 

But they live in Munising, Mich, so not like they haven't been riding.

All of those will likely just buy weekend passes if/when the time comes.

If we think that we may be on many trails anyhow...