AGM / Permits

signfan

Permits go on sale October 1 2022 I believe. 

1 hour ago, Sledguy74 said:

Permits go on sale October 1 2022 I believe. 

Price?

3 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Price?

You will know probably sometime next week, as approval needs to be made offical by MTO on any increases. 

Clubs will find out this weekend coming. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Yukon said:

You will know probably sometime next week, as approval needs to be made offical by MTO on any increases. 

Clubs will find out this weekend coming. 

Thank you

In the Monkey Barrel? :huh:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, signfan said:

That's all?  Not keeping pace with inflation.  

My stocks aren’t keeping pace with inflation either 🤦‍♂️
ofsc could have done 10 bucks that wouldn’t have upset anyone 😎

Now we have to put up with more rough trails and less grooming especially later in season when funds run down. 

Ontario Snowmobile Trail Permit Fee Increase

Posted on 29 Sep 2022 | by OFSC

(Barrie, ON: September 29, 2022) – The Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) is announcing a $5 permit fee increase for 2023 Seasonal and Classic Ontario Snowmobile Trail Permits. The increase does not apply to Multi-Day or Special Event Trail Permits. Permits and Permit Gift Cards sales commence online October 1, 2022.

Well below Canada’s current inflation rate of 7.0%, this modest permit fee increase ensures that trail riding will remain as affordable as possible for Ontario snowmobilers this season. At the same time, it also enables the Federation to keep pace with rising operational costs and allows us to make considerable investments in the groomers, trails, and infrastructure required to deliver Ontario’s premier winter tourism activity.

“The OFSC remains committed to providing the best snowmobiling experience possible and that means continued investments in all aspects of our operations,” said CEO Ryan Eickmeier. “We are confident that this is a fair and balanced approach, with additional revenue being invested directly on the snow. We look forward to seeing everyone enjoy the 30,000km+ of OFSC trails this winter, made possible by thousands of club volunteers.”

The fees for 2023 Ontario Snowmobile Trail Permits are:

• Seasonal Permit
    • Purchased prior to November 2, 2022: $200
    • Purchased November 2, 2022 to December 1, 2022: $230
    • December 2, 2022 onwards: $280.
  • Classic Permit
    • Purchased prior to November 2, 2022: $160
    • Purchased November 2, 2022 to December 1, 20221: $160
    • December 2, 2022 onwards: $190
  • Special Event Permits
    • $45

The permit fee increase was endorsed by the OFSC membership and based on an approved business case submitted to the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario. Ontario law requires a snowmobile entering an OFSC Prescribed Snowmobile Trail for recreational riding purposes to display a valid Ontario Snowmobile Trail Permit.

For questions to schedule a media interview with the OFSC please contact Andrew Walasek at awalasek@ofsc.on.ca or by phone at 705-739-7669 x251.

• Like 2

What years are considered Classic?

10 minutes ago, capster59 said:

What years are considered Classic?

1999 and older

12 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Ontario Snowmobile Trail Permit Fee Increase

Posted on 29 Sep 2022 | by OFSC

(Barrie, ON: September 29, 2022) – The Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) is announcing a $5 permit fee increase for 2023 Seasonal and Classic Ontario Snowmobile Trail Permits. The increase does not apply to Multi-Day or Special Event Trail Permits. Permits and Permit Gift Cards sales commence online October 1, 2022.

Well below Canada’s current inflation rate of 7.0%, this modest permit fee increase ensures that trail riding will remain as affordable as possible for Ontario snowmobilers this season. At the same time, it also enables the Federation to keep pace with rising operational costs and allows us to make considerable investments in the groomers, trails, and infrastructure required to deliver Ontario’s premier winter tourism activity.

“The OFSC remains committed to providing the best snowmobiling experience possible and that means continued investments in all aspects of our operations,” said CEO Ryan Eickmeier. “We are confident that this is a fair and balanced approach, with additional revenue being invested directly on the snow. We look forward to seeing everyone enjoy the 30,000km+ of OFSC trails this winter, made possible by thousands of club volunteers.”

The fees for 2023 Ontario Snowmobile Trail Permits are:

• Seasonal Permit
    • Purchased prior to November 2, 2022: $200
    • Purchased November 2, 2022 to December 1, 2022: $230
    • December 2, 2022 onwards: $280.
  • Classic Permit
    • Purchased prior to November 2, 2022: $160
    • Purchased November 2, 2022 to December 1, 20221: $160
    • December 2, 2022 onwards: $190
  • Special Event Permits
    • $45

The permit fee increase was endorsed by the OFSC membership and based on an approved business case submitted to the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario. Ontario law requires a snowmobile entering an OFSC Prescribed Snowmobile Trail for recreational riding purposes to display a valid Ontario Snowmobile Trail Permit.

For questions to schedule a media interview with the OFSC please contact Andrew Walasek at awalasek@ofsc.on.ca or by phone at 705-739-7669 x251.

Great value

• Like 1

I know that there was talk a cpl years back of possibly dropping them, doo they still have the 2 or 3 day passes yet?

I have chums that would likely only come one weekend, and we are off trail most all the time.

I’ve never complained about the price of a permit and never will, won’t have a trail network without it 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ox said:

I know that there was talk a cpl years back of possibly dropping them, doo they still have the 2 or 3 day passes yet?

I have chums that would likely only come one weekend, and we are off trail most all the time.

Yes two day minimum but not real cheap. 45 a day last year. So 90 for a two day minimum 😎. Download and print online from

home before your trip. Pretty easy actually. 

• Like 1

Just tried myself, still not available as of 8:15 am.    Guess the website is having issues or someone forgot to press the  "GO"  button

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

not for sale yet    and here I wanted to get two of the early ones     :icon_lolsign:

Got my permit ordered. It opened at 9 AM. I have received my confirmation email but can't decipher permit # from the coding.

• Like 2