Arrive Alive Commercial Coming Soon!

coldfinger

Here is a little preview of the commercial that V2 and I were a part of on the day of the shoot. V2 and I supplied the sleds and our services as wranglers for the day. 

• Like 10

• 2 months later...

Every warm-up hut I visit has a garbage can full of empty beer cans, doubt this will make a difference.  I see fewer empties on a golf course.

• Like 1

side of trail "rest" area last year, plastic barrel spray painted "empties"

49 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Every warm-up hut I visit has a garbage can full of empty beer cans, doubt this will make a difference.  I see fewer empties on a golf course.

Golf courses empty there bins daily or more often . All those empty cans you see at a warm up hut  could be from a few hundred individuals .  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Puggz said:

1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

Golf courses empty there bins daily or more often . All those empty cans you see at a warm up hut  could be from a few hundred individuals .  

Going to post the same about golf courses plus there is a garbage can at each tee block!

I think the issue is less of one now than it was. 
Average age of riders is getting higher each and every year, those same riders 10+ years ago were likely more apt to have one or more trail side drinks whereas now, I don’t think they are, plus more folks are not so willing to tolerate it anymore. 

I know this will and is a divided topic, but personally having a trail side drink doesn’t bother me, no different than having one with your lunch, and if you look around at restaurants, there aren’t many there not having a drink whether it be at the trail side restaurants, business lunch, etc….just be responsible, we all have someone waiting for us to come home too. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, coldfinger said:

I am simply glad to see them in the trash can and not left trail side...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ontariof7 said:

I am simply glad to see them in the trash can and not left trail side...

exactly. Frankly one or two during the day is completely acceptable but our nanny state wont allow people to exercise good judgement

• Like 4

Biggest problem with drinking on the trail is having to stop to pee every 5 miles afterwards.

LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

exactly. Frankly one or two during the day is completely acceptable but our nanny state wont allow people to exercise good judgement

Unfortunately alot cannot limit themselves to 1 or 2 and thus the impaired sledding.

21 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Biggest problem with drinking on the trail is having to stop to pee every 5 miles afterwards.

LOL

Lol, I already have that problem without adding more liquid !

Those morning coffees seem to last forever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Puggz said:

Me and a chum spent a cpl days in a warm-up shack back in the 90's.

We walked there b/c we knew there was a pot belleyed stove in there.

We were glad for the [only partially crushed] empty's on the floor, so that we could cut them up and melt snow in them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Nanny states assumes nobody is exercising good judgement because there are a few cans around.

Its ridiculous

6 hours ago, soupkids said:

LOL

Thats why i dont do it. I have the bladder of a 6 year old

6 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Unfortunately alot cannot limit themselves to 1 or 2 and thus the impaired sledding.

Not my problem. You dont cut off your leg when you have an in grown nail

3 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Nanny states assumes nobody is exercising good judgement because there are a few cans around.

Its ridiculous

I would bet that if they allowed it 99% of the people would be smart and exercise proper judgement. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Thats why i dont do it. I have the bladder of a 6 year old

Not my problem. You dont cut off your leg when you have an in grown nail

I would bet that if they allowed it 99% of the people would be smart and exercise proper judgement. 

True but 50% of the population has VERY poor judgement abilities...

Sorry but it is an extreme sport and true athletes don't drink when  participating in a competition. I want to make it home and don't need to meet a sledder coming around a corner that is not in full control.  Save your drink or smoke till you get in to your lodging for the night. 

• Like 3

Beer Cans on Trail

My daughter and I were out for a ride just north of Sault Ste. Marie a few years back.  We stopped for a break, when 2 Ministry COs pulled up behind us on sleds.  One fellow was a big burly guy, about 6' 4" and solid.  He came up to me and we looked eye-to-eye with each-other.  The first question was 'Have you been drinking?".  Of course the answer was no and we had not.  However, because we just rode through a section of the trail system with several empty cans laying on the ground, made us look suspicious.  Unfortunately, that's all it takes is a few to ruin it for the rest.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dan-Senior said:

Beer Cans on Trail

My daughter and I were out for a ride just north of Sault Ste. Marie a few years back.  We stopped for a break, when 2 Ministry COs pulled up behind us on sleds.  One fellow was a big burly guy, about 6' 4" and solid.  He came up to me and we looked eye-to-eye with each-other.  The first question was 'Have you been drinking?".  Of course the answer was no and we had not.  However, because we just rode through a section of the trail system with several empty cans laying on the ground, made us look suspicious.  Unfortunately, that's all it takes is a few to ruin it for the rest.

I find that unacceptable myself.

Sounds like intimidation and not a good ambassador for the sport or the profession. 
Regardless of what things look like, all are innocent until proven otherwise plus the first words should be hello and how are you and your day, nothing else is acceptable. 
I have never been through a ride program where the officers are not first and foremost pleasant, as they are expected to be. 

16 minutes ago, stoney said:

I find that unacceptable myself.

Sounds like intimidation and not a good ambassador for the sport or the profession. 
Regardless of what things look like, all are innocent until proven otherwise plus the first words should be hello and how are you and your day, nothing else is acceptable. 
I have never been through a ride program where the officers are not first and foremost pleasant, as they are expected to be. 

On 11/30/2022 at 9:54 PM, stoney said:

Going to post the same about golf courses plus there is a garbage can at each tee block!

I think the issue is less of one now than it was. 
Average age of riders is getting higher each and every year, those same riders 10+ years ago were likely more apt to have one or more trail side drinks whereas now, I don’t think they are, plus more folks are not so willing to tolerate it anymore. 

I know this will and is a divided topic, but personally having a trail side drink doesn’t bother me, no different than having one with your lunch, and if you look around at restaurants, there aren’t many there not having a drink whether it be at the trail side restaurants, business lunch, etc….just be responsible, we all have someone waiting for us to come home too. 

To be fair, the legal limit is anything under 0.05 bac. Not to mention, drinking in public is legal in ontario in many spots. Hence, legal activity to have one trailside beer. I fail to see the issue. Impaired is another story.

• Like 2