New trailer

barberch

11 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

The dealer could simply cancel

your order and say sorry we can’t deliver the trailer for quoted price, here is your deposit back. Not much you could do about it either.  

Tides are and will change, bad for business to keep dumping on the hands that feed you. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stoney said:

Tides are and will change, bad for business to keep dumping on the hands that feed you. 

100% agree.  The silliness is coming to an end in all industries.  Can't happen soon enough.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, signfan said:

100% agree.  The silliness is coming to an end in all industries.  Can't happen soon enough.

I agree 100%.  I won't forget the ones that took away discounts and jacked prices MSRP+

22 hours ago, stoney said:

I see two sides of this. Being a small buisness owner myself,  we can’t adjust prices on our commodities as costs go up. We have to absorb it and look for efficiency’s, when things get extra tight. 
Mark up on trailers isn’t high,  I don’t think and manufactures should be buying materials ahead of time to lock in prices. 
I had a similar thing happen when I ordered my equipment for new barn in 2014. Canadian dollar kept dropping and every time, I turn around they wanted more money,  to ship equipment in. After that experience I learned to just pay for equipment up front and then it’s a final sale no price increases. So far that has been working and haven’t been asked for any adjustments. They sure do not want to hand back a large sum of money it seems. 
Zero I just did 10 percent deposit and they still wouldn’t make it and or ship it in. Dealer never got it and all units not shipped in that year, we’re cancelled and buyers had to order a 2022 at new pricing. 
My friend still hasn’t got his 2022 ram truck yet either,  that he ordered last year. I told him I bet they just cancel it and make him pay 2023 prices. Last year for high OFA rebate. 
See what happens with that one.

I know how the currency fluctations can effect things and I do feel sorry for the dealer as he is just a young guy trying to scratch out a living.   What sucks for me is that I could have bought the same trailer for the same price at a dealer up north a month ago but I wanted to keep the money local.   

I am meeting with the dealer Monday after lunch and I told him we would sort it out. 

• Like 5

Tell em' to keep it, that's BS  on something that has no doubt risen by 30 pts or more in the last couple of years.

9 hours ago, burndog said:

Tell em' to keep it, that's BS  on something that has no doubt risen by 30 pts or more in the last couple of years.

I guess you have never sold for a store with anything imported into Canada?  Exchange rates are killers 

Look at GM dealers right now.  Price went up $6,000 - 10,000 on a truck.  Do you think manufacturing costs rose that much?   Or did the dealerships get a CDN dollar exchange rate increase?

There are GM customers who had ordered trucks 8 - 12 months ago and are now getting a price increase on their 2022 when it delivers.   

54 minutes ago, Sksman said:

I guess you have never sold for a store with anything imported into Canada?  Exchange rates are killers 

Look at GM dealers right now.  Price went up $6,000 - 10,000 on a truck.  Do you think manufacturing costs rose that much?   Or did the dealerships get a CDN dollar exchange rate increase?

There are GM customers who had ordered trucks 8 - 12 months ago and are now getting a price increase on their 2022 when it delivers.   

The trades should fetch more to offset most of increase in new prices, if applicable.  Low dollar going to be good for exporting used to usa. 

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Thats all fine, but customers are going to push back / stop buying.  The increases that have occurred over the past couple years aren't sustainable.  Wages are not coming close to keeping up with what market prices have done.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

The trades should fetch more to offset most of increase in new prices, if applicable.  Low dollar going to be good for exporting used to usa. 

Except there is a glut of used vehicles on the market right now.  

Higher Interest rates combined with dealers / brokers who over paid on a crap ton of low km  vehicles and are now lowering their buy prices for US destined vehicles. 

I just traded a 2022 GMC 2500.   I did okay but there was a big difference in offerings for my trade and US brokers were the lowest.   

They told me if I had traded in June I was getting $6,000 to 10,000 more.  Too bad they could not get me the truck

1 hour ago, signfan said:

Thats all fine, but customers are going to push back / stop buying.  The increases that have occurred over the past couple years aren't sustainable.  Wages are not coming close to keeping up with what market prices have done.  

Yes that’s the economic principles of supply and demand.  
We are in for an interesting period as interest rates rise along with inflation.  

I can see some people selling toys in the next year

9 hours ago, Sksman said:

Yes that’s the economic principles of supply and demand.  
We are in for an interesting period as interest rates rise along with inflation.  

I can see some people selling toys in the next year

This downturn is what will help correct the prices and bring things back to or closer to some sort of normal, whatever that normal will now be - sadly, but it is long overdue.

I do not know if people that I see or talk too are just good at covering things up regarding financial hardships, but I have personally not talked to anyone that is seeing that yet - I know most will likely cover that up for as long as possible, but the increased expenses each month are not small & have got to hurt many. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Question...comparing the Pro Starr inline with the 6" additional height, and a Triton TC167, which has a higher interior height?  Which would you buy?