New trailer

barberch

Looking to get back in to sledding this year after having to take last year off. I am looking at the Bullitt Pro Starr 7x16 at Action trailers. Looks like a nice trailer. The one thing I noticed looking at the specs is that the interior height is lower than some other similar models. If anyone has this trailer can they comment on whether the interior height is an issue with sleds that have windshields? I usually run a medium. Also any comments about experience with this trailer and or Action Trailers would be appreciated. Unfortunately I havent been able to personally look at this trailer yet.

thanks 

8405-BULLITHYBRID7116-BLACK-5-416x312.jpg

33 minutes ago, barberch said:

Looking to get back in to sledding this year after having to take last year off. I am looking at the Bullitt Pro Starr 7x16 at Action trailers. Looks like a nice trailer. The one thing I noticed looking at the specs is that the interior height is lower than some other similar models. If anyone has this trailer can they comment on whether the interior height is an issue with sleds that have windshields? I usually run a medium. Also any comments about experience with this trailer and or Action Trailers would be appreciated. Unfortunately I havent been able to personally look at this trailer yet.

thanks 

8405-BULLITHYBRID7116-BLACK-5-416x312.jpg

https://actiontrailers.ca/shop/build-a-trailer/snowmobile-motorcycle/inline-hybrid/sled-shed-aluminum-pro-starr-bullet-series-rear-ramp-door-7-wide-inline-hybrid-snowmobile/

The above is link to specs which say inside height is 58"

43 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

correct, whereas others are 63 and more

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Bluewater Trailers seemed to have huge inventory when I drove past last week

i see their ads online. I cant find much info on the trailer I am interested in though. Also, it is priced $1800 more than the Bullitt and doesnt come with the sledding equipment like ski guides and mats

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Cannot comment on the trailer, but is there still a huge issue with getting them like there was last year?

May not have many choices if the inventory issue is still going on.

Still an issue with availability. Most stores advertise that they are "on order"  I need to buy a sled too, but i need the trailer first.

2 minutes ago, barberch said:

Still an issue with availability. Most stores advertise that they are "on order"  I need to buy a sled too, but i need the trailer first.

Sounds like an expensive month coming up :) !

• Like 1

FWIW.    I just put a deposit on a 2023 Triton TC167 with ski guides, spare tire and interior walls (to replace my stolen trailer) for not a lot more money than the Pro Starr trailer listed at B&K Power in Brodhagen.    When I put down the money on mine they still had 1 more available.    It might be worth a call to them.    I am not going to post the price to not get them in any trouble but they were at least $1000 cheaper than anyone else I talked to.    Even my BRP dealer buddy said no hard feelings buy it from them as he was only getting 2 TC167s and knew he could sell them for way more money.       

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ecarnell said:

Scott - is that the narrowest offset trailer you can fit two long track /switchbacks /144” in , do you know ?

I think 2 x 146s would fit but it will fill the trailer.    My Backcountry 850 and Indy 137 fit in the TC167.    You have to lift the back end of the front sled over but both sleds go in forwards.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

who?

Yes Blake has one of these, for 2 winters not I think. And he does use it!  I saw it the day he got it and i wouldn't worry about the height but then again, I'm 5'6" :).

One thing I noticed was that the traction mats and sliders could be upgraded and we noticed a small gap where the wall meets the bull nose, easily fixed with good quality silicone.  Unfortunatly its a sellers market and we have to put up with these kind of issues.

Other than that, the design concept is great, easy to tow. I personally hate the conventional 2 side by side trailers as they are high, have tiny diamerter wheels, and terrible when its windy.

YMMV.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info!  I saw on Kijiji a triton TC167 advertised at Factory Recreation in Midland. i called them and they had 2 in stock!  I went up had a look and put a deposit on it! their price was inline with what Scottr mentioned above and the trailer is equipped the same. Now I have to look for a sled!

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

My TC167 is a great Trailer. i wish it was a few inches taller though. Will also do double duty bringing the Harleys down to Florida this winter. 

the TC167 appears to be a bit higher inside than some of the others. I am excited to pick it up and get shopping for a sled. I missed the whole year of sledding last year. That hasnt happened since i was about 4 and i am 57 now! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, barberch said:

the TC167 appears to be a bit higher inside than some of the others. I am excited to pick it up and get shopping for a sled. I missed the whole year of sledding last year. That hasnt happened since i was about 4 and i am 57 now! 

Its a good trailer. Nice and light and easy. Good luck on the sled search

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up my trailer from Factory Recreation yesterday. Now i need to find a sled to put in it!

309750462_2194364024083685_115323275553088557_n.jpg

309303352_831879734898752_7197178977810872610_n.jpg

310520413_1306338383471248_3164472561968409414_n.jpg

310285988_2092882467585944_2556148465134729254_n.jpg

309610184_3067793803512111_2605108874130255409_n.jpg

• Like 13