Polaris FYI

Xfirecat

12 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

while i dont disagree with you . Your insurance will not be valid if you have the fire.

You really think so? How would insurance know if recall was complete or not. Wouldn’t be anything left be hard to prove what happened to it. I think they would have to pay it out you have coverage on snowmobile after all. 

I am not going to worry about my update till this spring. Your per cent chance of having a fire, along as tank is kept full and with stabilizer and or fresh fuel is less than 16 cases over 250,000 sleds or 0.0064%. Just ride it!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

You really think so? How would insurance know if recall was complete or not. Wouldn’t be anything left be hard to prove what happened to it. I think they would have to pay it out you have coverage on snowmobile after all. 

Because the recall is registered and insurance companies will check it.  Did you know that in marine insurance if your boat sinks and or has water damage they are asking when you last changed your bellows for your inboard outboard? Denying your claim if over 2 years.

31 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

I am not going to worry about my update till this spring. Your per cent chance of having a fire, along as tank is kept full and with stabilizer and or fresh fuel is less than 16 cases over 250,000 sleds or 0.0064%. Just ride it!

Thats not what i was saying. I know its ridiculous but then again so are insurance companies

• Like 1

12 hours ago, soupkids said:

Won't stop me from using mine

3 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

while i dont disagree with you . Your insurance will not be valid if you have the fire.

For perspective, what are the total number of units affected by this and the number of vehicles that actually had this issue occur?

I know this doesn’t counter what you are saying, but what is the risk factor really. 

Wasn’t the issue also based on certain set of circumstances too…that some could try to avoid until they get the fix. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 11:38 AM, Xfirecat said:

A Stop Ride / Stop Sale notice has been issued by Polaris for select late model snowmobiles, including MATRYX and AXYS sleds. 

Polaris has determined that with degraded fuel and especially after extended storage, Model Year 2021-2023 MATRYX, 2015-2022 AXYS, and select Model Year 2013-2014 Trail Performance (Pro-Ride) snowmobiles may pose a risk of fire due to electrostatic discharge (ESD) inside the fuel tank. Under specific conditions, vapours may be ignited inside the fuel tank, posing a potential injury hazard to consumers.

Number of affected vehicles: Around 230,000 units globally

Number of incidents: Polaris has identified 30 reports of fuel tank ruptures, including 16 incidents of fire and one report of injury.

Consumers should immediately stop using the impacted units. Polaris is currently evaluating a comprehensive action plan to correct this concern at no cost to consumers and will contact affected consumers once determined. DO NOT attempt any repairs yourself. If a rider needs to start their snowmobile, they must make sure the fuel tank is full and, if it is not, then they need to add fresh gasoline to fill the tank.

Polaris is notifying dealers and contacting registered owners directly. Polaris has reported this matter to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

To search off-road recalls by model or vehicle identification number (VIN) to see if your unit is affected by any recalls, visit the Off-Road Safety Recalls page or call Polaris at 800-765-2747.

Polaris Stop Ride Sale Axys _  
Polaris Stop Ride Sale Matryx _  

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some FAQs about the Stop Ride / Stop Sale notice, from the Polaris website:

What snowmobile models are affected?

Polaris has issued a stop sale/stop ride on Model Year 2015-2022 AXYS, 2021-2023 MATRYX, and select Model Year 2013-2014 Trail Performance (Pro-Ride) snowmobiles.

How do I know if my vehicle is impacted?

To search off-road recalls by model or vehicle identification number (VIN) to see if your unit is affected by any recalls, visit the Off-Road Safety Recalls page, or call Polaris at 800-765-2747.

Can I still use my snowmobile while the recall is ongoing?

No. If you receive a recall notice DO NOT continue using the vehicle. Once we have communicated a fix, then you can return it to your Polaris-authorized dealer for repairs. If you need to start your snowmobile, you must make sure the fuel tank is full and, if it is not, then you need to add fresh gasoline to fill the tank.

What is the issue?

We have determined that under certain operating conditions – specifically, when starting the engine with a low level of fuel after long-term storage – some snowmobiles may have increased risk of fire due to electrostatic discharge (ESD) inside the fuel tank. Under these specific, unique conditions, vapors may be ignited inside the fuel tank, posing a potential injury hazard to consumers.

What’s being done?

Polaris is sending a Safety Stop Ride notification to owners affected by this recall and dealers will halt the sales. We have identified a solution and are working to validate that fix by testing the issue under a host of environmental conditions. Once we have a validated solution, we will release it to the field and owners will be notified that they can schedule a free repair.

Until then, affected consumers should not ride or perform maintenance on their vehicles and should store them in-place until further notice. If a rider needs to start their snowmobile, they must make sure the fuel tank is full and, if it is not, then they need to add fresh gasoline to fill the tank.

How are you solving this?

We have identified a solution and are working to validate that fix by testing the issue under a host of environmental conditions. Once we have a validated solution, we will release it to the field.

If a rider needs to start their snowmobile, they must make sure the fuel tank is full and, if it is not, then they need to add fresh gasoline to fill the tank.

How long will it take to issue a fix?

Our teams have identified a solution and are currently validating the fix. When we have the final validated solution, we will release it to the field and provide them with an update on shipment timing. We will not be shipping impacted models without a validated fix. Additionally, owners will be notified that they can schedule a free repair at a Polaris-authorized dealer.

Where do I return my vehicle for repairs?

Polaris is evaluating a comprehensive repair solution. Once validated, repair instructions will be issued to Polaris dealers and vehicle owners will be notified that they can schedule a free repair. Until then, affected consumers should not ride or perform maintenance on their vehicles, and should store them in-place until further notice.

If you need to start your snowmobile, you must make sure the fuel tank is full and, if it is not, then you need to add fresh gasoline to fill the tank.

Can I still place an order for a snowmobile or purchase one for a dealer?

Dealers will not be able to finalize the sale of a snowmobile and release it to a customer until that snowmobiles have undergone the necessary fix.

I’m still waiting to receive my SnowCheck order. Will this delay when I get my snowmobile?

We understand this is an inconvenience to our dealers and riders and we recognize how important the upcoming winter season is to them, but safety is the driver behind our decision. We are working quickly on a solution, so that dealers can get snowmobiles to customers and our riders can maximize the riding season.

How can customers contact Polaris with questions or concerns? How do I reach my dealer?

Customers can contact Polaris Customer Support at: 1-800-765-2747 or owner.connections@polaris.com.

Your Polaris dealers also can help answer questions. Local dealers can be found on our Dealer Locator web page.

• To search off-road recalls by model or vehicle identification number (VIN) to see if your unit is affected by any recalls, visit the Off-Road Safety Recalls page or call Polaris at 800-765-2747.

• If you’d like to contact our customer service team, click here.

• To learn more about this recall, click here.

• Thanks 1

my 2019 will be ridden until they call me to say I am to bring in for recall.  

with only a 2-3 month season it’s not sitting for a season.  Especially not for a 0.007  percent chance.  

What’s the worst thing that can happen to my wife riding my 2019?   It could be a great season.  LOL.!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Yamatario said:

I missed this post - exactly, the numbers are extremely low. Makes you wonder if the 16 + 1 cases/owners did something in error to make a situation worse than should be......the stupid human factor...lol. 

2 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

The recall won't be stopping me from riding

Nothing stops a Titan.

Or almost nothing.D7078C7D-567C-4908-8220-75A2EB1A61D4.thumb.jpeg.2b54b8b3af173ad347f710028e9fc2ce.jpeg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Nothing stops a Titan.

Or almost nothing.D7078C7D-567C-4908-8220-75A2EB1A61D4.thumb.jpeg.2b54b8b3af173ad347f710028e9fc2ce.jpeg

Last ride of the season last year, in QC, came across this sled, looks like he crossed this washout the night before and didn't ace the landing. We turned around, too old to try and cross that "stuff". Nicely frozen in. Why we always carry a tow strap!20220327_104234.thumb.jpg.4f9d3e3265f23e8f943e7547477df8db.jpg20220327_104218.thumb.jpg.34251986c2d2049ac2ff89a85acc1799.jpg

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

The kid will be riding his for sure. But frankly thats not my point at all. 

BUt I guarantee you if a fire happens and no update insurance will say nope. Its a stop ride order. 

Agree

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sksman said:

Nothing stops a Titan.

Except another Titan 😉

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

Oof Old Man GIF - Oof Old Man Oh - Discover & Share GIFs

Fricken swamp.  There was about 6” gap between ice layer and water.  Ice layer broke and sled rear end dropped in.  Water was up almost up to my waist when I broke through lifting on it.  
Saved by another Titan.  

I will say it was a cold day and my FXR floater pants were waterlogged but drained when I got out of the water.  And despite soaked pants and the cold temps that We were able to ride for the next almost 2 hours to home I was still warm when we got there.  

50 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Fricken swamp.  There was about 6” gap between ice layer and water.  Ice layer broke and sled rear end dropped in.  Water was up almost up to my waist when I broke through lifting on it.  
Saved by another Titan.  

I will say it was a cold day and my FXR floater pants were waterlogged but drained when I got out of the water.  And despite soaked pants and the cold temps that We were able to ride for the next almost 2 hours to home I was still warm when we got there.  

That's awesome.  Good to hear they actually function as advertised

On 10/19/2022 at 6:21 PM, Nunz said:

I believe so yes, I suspect the dealer you got it from never switched the Vin number into your name though 

I should be able to get that straightened out at the dealer I deal with now?

On a plus note, my wife's 650 Indy Adventure arrived at the dealer last week with the recall completed at the factory. First one they've received that they can sell. So any sleds arriving here on out should have the fix completed. 

• Like 2

"650 Indy"

Boy, I'm having a flashback!

"Extra 5"!

The good old days!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6kYrUP1a7Q

No photo description available.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bryan XC700 said:

I should be able to get that straightened out at the dealer I deal with now?

Yes for sure 

On 10/25/2022 at 10:07 AM, Ox said:

"650 Indy"

Boy, I'm having a flashback!

"Extra 5"!

The good old days!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6kYrUP1a7Q

No photo description available.

Man I miss my 650

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Man I miss my 650

I still have  sweater with it on the front and the dealer name on the back.

I was in love with the 650 as a young man