Polaris FYI

Xfirecat

On 9/7/2022 at 10:58 AM, stoney said:

Hey now, be kind :)

All of my cats have got me home - even towed a few others (Cat, Doo & Poo) along the way....:tongue:

I do not think I have towed a Yami yet though.....

I had to tow a yamaha warrior up oh crap hill with my cat....my belt was not happy.

My chum had to tow my Pol the last 1000' up Mt. Antero with his Cat. 

Scramblers don't have a low gear... :oops:

The air gits thin @ 14,000', and I couldn't find a "high altitude" clutch kit for it, so I ground the weights (?) down as much as I could.

(weekend after Katrina)

TowOntero2.jpg.b35399733492e75bb30e48385d5faabf.jpg

Went by Polaris dealer this week and sat on my new sled. Made vroom vroom noises..   They are stacked up on built sleds waiting for recall. No release until recall completed.  

And He told me not to bring in my 2019 for service as he would not be allowed to release until recall complete.  Or maybe he doesn’t have the space to hold it. 

Polaris has promised to release a fix by end of month.  And then it will be chaos for dealers with an extra 1 1/2 hours on each sled.  

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got an email saying fix is in...anyone else?

• Like 1

Talked to my dealer.  Parts for fix being sent to dealers.  

Call your dealer and get on waiting list.  My dealer has over 500 sleds inline.  

Luckily my new sled will be one of first done.  

My 2019 will be later in the year maybe??

Polaris Stop Ride/Sale Update: The Fix Is In

2023 Polaris snowmobiles

Great news for owners of Polaris snowmobiles: After months of waiting, the repair for Polaris fuel pumps at the center of a stop ride/stop sale edict have been approved and are being shipped to dealerships.

“Dealers have received the repair instructions, training materials and have the ability to order repair kits,” Polaris’ Jess Rogers said in an email to the snowmobile media on October 13. “Additionally, we have implemented the fix on MY23 SnowCheck snowmobiles and shipments have resumed.” 

In a later email, Rogers added, “To help ensure all dealers have access to repair kits as we ramp up service repairs, Polaris is allocating the repair kit shipments. Dealer will start receiving kits as soon as next week and will continue to receive allocated repair kit shipments regularly as our team continues to kit repair parts as we receive them from our suppliers.”

On August 30, Polaris announced the stop ride/stop sale mandate, saying that 230,000 snowmobiles built between model years 2013 and 2023 should be parked due to a fire hazard related to electrostatic discharge from their Walbro-built in-tank fuel pumps. You can read full details here.

Rogers’ email said that customers “should contact their Polaris-authorized dealer to schedule a free repair service.” She said the sleds should not be ridden until the repairs are made, and if the sled needs to be started (to load it on a trailer to bring it in, for instance) customers should top the tank with fresh fuel before starting it.

Polaris Vice President and General Manager of Polaris Snowmobiles Jenny Nack said in a statement, “We deeply appreciate our owners and dealers for their patience as we have focused on finalizing the repair for this stop ride/stop sale. Our team has been working tirelessly on this solution so our owners can have confidence in their sleds, get on the snow and enjoy the best season of the year.”  

Rocky Mountain Snowmobile Expo In Pictures

Insiders at Polaris have told us that teams of workers are being scattered throughout the Snowbelt to help dealers process the 10 years worth of recalled sleds as efficiently as possible. With cold weather starting to seep in across the Snowbelt, getting both new and used sleds updated as soon as possible is a major focus.

Tried to make an appointment with my dealer today, I'm on a list.

Apparently there are 8 different kits

On 10/14/2022 at 10:55 AM, iangj said:

I have a '14, '15 and '16  still no recall in the mail

Lol I’m getting the letters for them 

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

I got 7 letters in the mail a couple of weeks ago.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

I got 7 letters in the mail a couple of weeks ago.   

I got 2, one for my 16 which I traded in for my 18

I read somewhere yesterday that Polaris was sending out workers to dealers to help with the recall work. Good on them if true. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

I read somewhere yesterday that Polaris was sending out workers to dealers to help with the recall work. Good on them if true. 

That would be impressive, if true!

22 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

They certainly should be considering the post above where 700King Q says he was told it would be completed sometime January /  February and his sled is a 2022 according to his profile.  

5 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

They certainly should be considering the post above where 700King Q says he was told it would be completed sometime January /  February and his sled is a 2022 according to his profile.  

Dealer claims parts availability issue. From what I understand, majority of 1st set of repair kits coming to them are allocated for any new and undelivered 2022's. They never mentioned it being a labour issue. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

And yes, sled needing the update is an already paid for and late delivery 2022 

• Sad 1

Issue with 3rd party labour coming in as well, are they good, what are their skill levels, do dealers want this?

What is stopping a dealer from letting the owner that is mechanically inclined, doing the recall themselves if parts are provided? I know this is a liability, but I know in the past, I was given the opportunity to do the work myself on a recall - likely a judgement call between the dealer and the person that they know personally and trust.

1 hour ago, 700king q said:

Dealer claims parts availability issue. From what I understand, majority of 1st set of repair kits coming to them are allocated for any new and undelivered 2022's. They never mentioned it being a labour issue. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

And yes, sled needing the update is an already paid for and late delivery 2022 

Did you already receive the sled or is it still in dealers inventory?

If at dealer they will need to get it out for space. 

On 10/17/2022 at 3:40 PM, Sksman said:

Did you already receive the sled or is it still in dealers inventory?

If at dealer they will need to get it out for space. 

I've had it since late January

On 10/15/2022 at 4:18 PM, Nunz said:

Are you getting one for a 2020 XC as well?

5 hours ago, Bryan XC700 said:

Are you getting one for a 2020 XC as well?

I believe so yes, I suspect the dealer you got it from never switched the Vin number into your name though 

46 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

well Polaris better get the lead out. 

Otherwise a lot of people wont be riding

Won't stop me from using mine

• Like 3