Handlebar gauntlets for wife’s sled

Sksman

Hi,

looking for advice for gauntlets?  

Something not to restrictive.  

Sled is 2019 Polaris XC 600. 

I have a set of Kimpex ones that I bought and have used in Northern Quebec.  Just had an issue with them on my sled when backing up and turning.  Could have been clearance issue on windshield. 

thank you for your help. 

The Doo ones are very similar to the Kimpex ones, assuming the Kimpex ones you have are the ones I used to have.

Both of these models have more form to them so they stay up and open when not in use, the structure of them that helps them keep that form can and will cause clearance issues with the windshield.

On my sled (Doo) with the medium/lower windshield on it, I have no issues with clearance, but I imagine position of handle bar post and how much the windshield slopes will play a role.

I have not see another set of muffs that match these two that I would suggest - I would try to make either of these work based on steering post position and windshield.

Thanks Stoney.  I will check mine again.  Maybe they will work for the amount of time they will ride.  

I also have hand guards I can add.  So maybe that is enough.

Are the handlebars on the 600  adjustable? have they been adjusted to your preference? If not, adjusting may allow some more clearance. 

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Are the handlebars on the 600  adjustable? have they been adjusted to your preference? If not, adjusting may allow some more clearance. 

No adjustments or fitting yet.    It’s a new to us sled that I purchased from a friend this summer.  

It will get a mid or high windshield first thing.  

couple of our friends have these and really like them. They should fit on your wife's sled no problem.

https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-ca/shop/accessories/handlebars-accessories/2884814/?pfm=Browse

The cold guards are good, I had/used a set for a few years, but honestly, they don’t compare to a muff if you’re finding your hands to be cold. 
With the CG’s they were perfect for a few years, than I started to notice hands feeling colder more often on the real cold days, so figured I’d try the kimpex muffs, they were way better, than bought the Doo ones for current sled….wearing thin small gloves and muffs, works just great - having to only wear the smaller gloves was just an added bonus with the muffs. 

• Like 1

I just bought a pair of the Klim Fusion gloves, kinda of like the two level insert liner, Will be interesting to see how they work this year. Does anyone else wear them on here?

16 minutes ago, Nunz said:

I just bought a pair of the Klim Fusion gloves, kinda of like the two level insert liner, Will be interesting to see how they work this year. Does anyone else wear them on here?

I have a pair of these, they are good, always found the warmer side of glove was more stiff/restrictive, which is expected - no issues with them otherwise and still in good shape. 
They don’t work as well as thin gloves with muffs for me, but I recall you not liking the muffs. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your opinion. Much appreciated and yes I’m not a fan of gauntlets/muffs

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, -crz- said:

I have a set of these and like them. Used them overtop of Polaris (Axys) handguards. (don't fit over Matryx guards though)

https://powermadd.com/handguard-gauntlet-x2.html

I ran those on my XCR as well.  Worked good for when needed

1 hour ago, -crz- said:

I have a set of these and like them. Used them overtop of Polaris (Axys) handguards. (don't fit over Matryx guards though)

https://powermadd.com/handguard-gauntlet-x2.html

They look easy to install and remove.

I have used several different styles of muffs. Last year I purchased a pair of Klim Resistor gloves. They are far better than having the hassles of gauntlets or muffs. I will likely pick up a set of extra batteries this year just as back-up in case of extra long and cold day on trail.