Is it safe to say that COVID pricing is over?

scottyr

18 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Seems high for average middle class. 

Pretty much need that income to buy a house in any urban center. I guess it depends on how we define middle class. I define it as owning a home 2 vehicles and saving 20% of gross income for retirement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Last time I heard of the middle class target, it was a rather large one with lots of doubts surrounding it, so I imagine it is the same now.....if there is an actual target that is that makes sense.

Personally I think the debt load ones carries is a bigger factor vs. what a family makes......of course the more you make, the more you tend to spend.

Yes debt will kill you eventually, unless the debt has been used to obtain an asset that grows faster than interest and inflation.  I think a lot of Canadians are in over their heads right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zoso said:

Pretty much need that income to buy a house in any urban center. I guess it depends on how we define middle class. I define it as owning a home 2 vehicles and saving 20% of gross income for retirement.

Unless the couple work for a company that has a pension plan, I think the above would be an exception. 
Just speculating though. 

Just now, stoney said:

Unless the couple work for a company that has a pension plan, I think the above would be an exception. 
Just speculating though. 

I guess so, but it is what you need to do if you do not want to sell the house to retire and actually e joy being retired. Maybe that description is upper middle class. I am just guessing here. By the sounds of it 90% are in huge debt both secured and in Cc debt. When I was a kid many paid cash for the house, most paid cash for cars and nobody had any cc debt.

• Like 1

Did covid cause inflation, or the printing press? I guess both. 
when you print trillions (40% more) of dollars overnight, this is what happens. More money in circulation now. 

it’s theft to say the least….

next year won’t be good for many, but as people slowly stop spending, prices will come back down. 

we backed out of our spring check this year because there’s too much uncertainty right now in the economy.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 6:07 AM, Strong Farmer said:

It’s everything. Our compact tractors have gone nuts in price. I found a low hour used one for 10K. In 2014 new one was about 12 k. Now a new one is in mid to high 20’s. 

I priced a MX6000 a few months ago, loader, bucket, inverted blower & snow tires. Around $90k. Crazy!

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

I priced a MX6000 a few months ago, loader, bucket, inverted blower & snow tires. Around $90k. Crazy!

John Deere 1025r with loader is $31,000 plus hst  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

That’s just nuts! It is a JD though. Always cost more…

19 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

That’s just nuts! It is a JD though. Always cost more…

Back around 2008, while many of us were in a freefall, farming was having the best years in a LONG time. My landlord needed to $pend some bucks on equipment, and he pulled in one day with this orange thing. It was the biggest that Orange was building at the time. 100 or 120hp.

I think that it was new. If not - you could see it from here. I doubt that he had ever owned anything brand new before in his life, and the amount that he was lookin' to dump must have been in the same ballpark that this co$t.

He has had some big ticket issues with it over the years. And to this day they need to keep a tarp strap to hold the shifter into high range.

I have always been of the mind that I want a used Caddy rather than anew KIA. And this purchase is living proof of that concept. I am pretty sure that had he bought a used Red or Green tractor for the same $ that he would have had less issues and better resale value. I was born Green, but otherwise they run all Red. I just can't figger out where this Orange thing came from....

Another thing - this came with Titan rims and tires on it. As much as I want to wave the Stars and Stripes (over a Rising Sun) and that we have a Titan Tire facility in our county (was General Tire) their stuff is Schidt! Having heard their bad reputation over the years for mine tires, I have watched at least one rim on this thing have issues (don't recall anymore exactly what) and this fall one of the rears started spraying fluid all over the place. It literally cracked all the way through! I've seen many'a old tractor tire with weather checking, but this one is 15 yrs old and actually blew through! What a POS! I'm sure that we have duals around here that are 40 yrs old and are fine. (not Titan)

My Orange tractor is the best thing I have bought in the tractor world. Just my personal opinion here, but the thing just wont quit. I have run it hard for the last 10 years and still looks and runs like new. The blower is getting a major workout right now haha.

48 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

My Orange tractor is the best thing I have bought in the tractor world. Just my personal opinion here, but the thing just wont quit. I have run it hard for the last 10 years and still looks and runs like new. The blower is getting a major workout right now haha.

All my equipment is Orange, my tractor is coming up to 700hrs, only 3yrs old and hasn’t skipped a beat! My first season with an Inverted blower and it’s night and day vs a conventional blower.

Why does the blower set so far out?

Does it angle?

Is it to keep a better angle on the PTO shaft?

7 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Did covid cause inflation, or the printing press? I guess both. 
when you print trillions (40% more) of dollars overnight, this is what happens. More money in circulation now. 

it’s theft to say the least….

next year won’t be good for many, but as people slowly stop spending, prices will come back down. 

we backed out of our spring check this year because there’s too much uncertainty right now in the economy.

Covid shut down the economy. Had the government not flooded it with new money we would have gone into a major recession. However they way over did it from all sides, closed too much and printed too much. Then pretended the printing had no effect on inflation and insisted it was transitory. Clearly we have seen a depreciation of currency value close to 25% over a period of 3 years and being the liberals are financing their idiotic spending with new money it, currency, will continue to decrease in value for the next 2 years. This, combined with the overnight rate moving ever higher will cause a real issue, a slow economy with high inflation still persisting. Those that carry debt will hurt the most, the liberals will raise taxes and print money to support the poor while stripping net worth from the middle income earners. Make no mistake, this was planned. A short grade ten class studying macro economics would be enough understanding to see this. Those that implemented it hold MBAs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sksman said:

They were high teens about 5 years ago. Too high for me. We stick to 700 series. We own three of them now. Shop can take a week or two I find, so having a spare unit that’s rotated in comes in pretty handy. Sure beats putting 700 hours on one unit in a year and worn out by year four. We are seeing really good hours out of gas kawi twin motors. I have one diesel now a used 749, 2012 that I made a deal on this past summer for 10 k. Came with blower, front hitch, 60” mower deck. Low hours too 1139 when I got it.

With zero too we have hours spread out nicely. 

DDCC1814-C8D7-43DC-B4FF-11B0800A0DAC.thumb.jpeg.fbce8e20de93f4144075fae9fb251521.jpeg8DF7FF59-5066-43CD-8278-EC015869D9FD.thumb.jpeg.2e4246167ec9c3995cd62424aab510aa.jpeg

theres mine, I just leave the loader & bucket on for counter balance. These blowers are HEAVY! 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, zoso said:

Covid shut down the economy. Had the government not flooded it with new money we would have gone into a major recession. However they way over did it from all sides, closed too much and printed too much. Then pretended the printing had no effect on inflation and insisted it was transitory. Clearly we have seen a depreciation of currency value close to 25% over a period of 3 years and being the liberals are financing their idiotic spending with new money it, currency, will continue to decrease in value for the next 2 years. This, combined with the overnight rate moving ever higher will cause a real issue, a slow economy with high inflation still persisting. Those that carry debt will hurt the most, the liberals will raise taxes and print money to support the poor while stripping net worth from the middle income earners. Make no mistake, this was planned. A short grade ten class studying macro economics would be enough understanding to see this. Those that implemented it hold MBAs.

The dollar has lost 96% of its total value since 1907 when it was introduced. It’s basically worthless right now. 100% this was planned. Technically, we’ve been in a recession for the last 2 quarters. 2023 won’t be a good year.

Technology is about to change everything like nobody has ever seen. 

Greg Foss said it best “it’s just grade 11 math!”

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Ox said:

Why does the blower set so far out?

Does it angle?

Is it to keep a better angle on the PTO shaft?

Not sure why so long. It fits in a tilting shoe that gets pinned to the subframe. It does not angle. 

• Like 1

How do you find the rear mount blower that works going forward works?  Do you have any issues with it in a heavy snow fall with traction issues? Will it pick the snow up that your tires just compacted after driving on it?

Willie from the Bristol Motel (recently sold) in Wawa has one or two rear blowers on his tractors that [I think] will work going either direction. Seems like there is a hydro actuated gate that flips over from front to back somehow? Keep in mind that it's been 3 years since I've been to Wawa in the winter now, so I'm a bit fuzzy. I doo recall that it will suck up a log chain tho. THAT I'm sure of... For whatever reason - it seems that he was not overly excited about that revelation at the time? :wtf:

• Like 1