Is it safe to say that COVID pricing is over?

scottyr

On 8/25/2022 at 5:34 PM, Ox said:

Same here. The Crashler Group seems to have plenty of stock, where the others don't normally have much.

Either Crashler didn't start off requiring the fanciest of 'puter chips, or they redesigned right away to be able to use what actually is available.

I was talking to a cousin at a family gathering the other day and he said that they had redesigned a board or two to use what was available.

They were able to get new boards printed pretty quick I guess....

The auto industry was rumoured to rely on old chips. That's the problem.  Chip companies made the chips they were supposed to make, moved on. No desire to keep using old mounds. Want ' old'. Here's the price. These car companies removed passenger door key locks to save $50 ( before key FOBs, now moot). Article I read. Makes sense. 

As for abundance of RAMS, I wrote in another thread that U.S. won't honour Canadian warranties. Not many Yanks coming up here to buy Chrysler products at auction. Hence, lots of Ram trucks in Canada.

Replacing a Chevy truck with identical "build & particulars", dealer's quote on a monthly lease payment was up 30% from 2yrs ago? Don't see this happening, back to purchasing.

Far as Rams with 5.7 Hemi's no thanks, owned 3 in the past all with the same  premature engine failure.

22 hours ago, burndog said:

Replacing a Chevy truck with identical "build & particulars", dealer's quote on a monthly lease payment was up 30% from 2yrs ago? Don't see this happening, back to purchasing.

Far as Rams with 5.7 Hemi's no thanks, owned 3 in the past all with the same  premature engine failure.

We got a quote to replace my wifes 2018 vehicle - the pricing is up quite a lot since then. 

We're keeping it - 2018 with 61,000 km on it - we're going to keep our $ in our hands

22 hours ago, burndog said:

I have my 6.2 litre 1500. Its chipped, breather and exhaust from factory. Gets horrendous gas mileage. But what it will cost me to replace it more than makes up for the extra fuel it chews through.

On 8/25/2022 at 4:43 PM, capster59 said:

I have been keeping an eye on used truck prices as I will need one at some point. Definitely see prices slowly coming down and inventory staying on lots much longer.

let me know, I know a guy in the car business lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Hmmmm wonder who that is.....lol...when my old ram passes away..will holler at ya

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have been watching the same used sleds sit and sit on Marketplace and Kijiji for a while now.    I was talking to my BRP dealer and he said that just about every day someone backs out of their Spring Break deal as well.    

I think things are only going to get slower in the next few months.   

52 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I have been watching the same used sleds sit and sit on Marketplace and Kijiji for a while now.    I was talking to my BRP dealer and he said that just about every day someone backs out of their Spring Break deal as well.    

I think things are only going to get slower in the next few months.   

Not surprised on the first part, the second part is more concerning of course - people have over extended themselves.

I wonder how the sledding season will be from traffic to accommodations, etc...

People were suggesting when Spring/Summer started the boating traffic was pretty low, assuming due to high fuel costs - did that ever turn around as the summer progressed?

55 minutes ago, stoney said:

Not surprised on the first part, the second part is more concerning of course - people have over extended themselves.

People were suggesting when Spring/Summer started the boating traffic was pretty low, assuming due to high fuel costs - did that ever turn around as the summer progressed?

I'm around the Marina in Goderich all summer. There were lots of day trippers out and about in July and August but a good number of power and sail boats that are usually gone for 1-4 weeks through the summer didn't seem to be doing those trips this year. I included sailboats since when they are heading to Tobermory and the north Channel often use engine power on the long parts of the trip.

1 minute ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I'm around the Marina in Goderich all summer. There were lots of day trippers out and about in July and August but a good number of power and sail boats that are usually gone for 1-4 weeks through the summer didn't seem to be doing those trips this year. I included sailboats since when they are heading to Tobermory and the north Channel often use engine power on the long parts of the trip.

So we may see lighter traffic on the trails.

Makes you wonder what the permit sale numbers were like this year so far - although I am sure some that may have bought early permits, had intentions of keeping their spring checks sleds, that may have walked away from them and possibly the season of riding.

• I order my permit this year on Oct 27 - #034525
  • I order my permit last year on Oct 31 - #049605

21 minutes ago, stoney said:

So we may see lighter traffic on the trails.

Makes you wonder what the permit sale numbers were like this year so far - although I am sure some that may have bought early permits, had intentions of keeping their spring checks sleds, that may have walked away from them and possibly the season of riding.

• I order my permit this year on Oct 27 - #034525
  • I order my permit last year on Oct 31 - #049605

Guess it depends where you ride. Musoka and south will be busy when snow hits. Always is. Maybe towards end of season things will die down sooner then normal. Wait and see. 

3 hours ago, stoney said:

Funny you should say that.    One of our sled gang told me last week that he is not going to be coming with us on any trips this winter.    He said IF we get snow, he will ride locally, but he needs to tighten his belt a bit and spending a bunch of money on sled trips is not in the cards this year.    

The 850 doo's have been slow to sell on kijiji the past while from what i see. An 850 is a tough sell once the warranty is up in my opinion. The 600's have been moving a bit more the last week or so. Just listed my 20' 600R on kijiji so we'll see.

Money is tiiiiiight for a lot of people.

We had a hockey game in Chatham saturday ( 2 hour one way ) and Windsor today ( 3 hour one way )

We had a few families this elect not to spend $150.00 for a one night hotel stay - instead choosing to drive back home after Chatham yesterday and then down and back to Windsor today.

My guess is they were close to that in fuel?

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The marina in Port Severn where I fill up told me on Labour Day weekend he was down 40% in litres sold YTD from years past.    Big Chute being broken several times over the summer didnt help much either.    

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Funny you should say that.    One of our sled gang told me last week that he is not going to be coming with us on any trips this winter.    He said IF we get snow, he will ride locally, but he needs to tighten his belt a bit and spending a bunch of money on sled trips is not in the cards this year.    

I fellow I was talking with just last week was talking about the same - not no trips though, just less and more conservative about it.

It is a reality no doubt - honestly though, I think no one really knows what will happen in 6 to 12 months, economy could be steady/holding or hurting real bad, and never mind all the extra costs we are dealing with now and the last little while, that has definitely taken its toll.

22 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Money is tiiiiiight for a lot of people.

We had a hockey game in Chatham saturday ( 2 hour one way ) and Windsor today ( 3 hour one way )

We had a few families this elect not to spend $150.00 for a one night hotel stay - instead choosing to drive back home after Chatham yesterday and then down and back to Windsor today.

My guess is they were close to that in fuel?

Yep, fuel is not free....for most.

But you now also have lodgings, food and perhaps a few extra bucks if you hang out with the other parents having a few drinks/laughs.

Pretty sure hotels have gone up a bit in the last little while.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stoney said:

But you now also have lodgings, food and perhaps a few extra bucks if you hang out with the other parents having a few drinks/laughs.

I lived the hockey life for several years.   The $150 for the room is the cheap part.    You need to add going out for dinner with possibly 4 people and breakfast again in the am.    And then the parents end up hanging out and mom needs a bottle of wine and dad blows through a 15 pack of Buds.    Staying the night ends up costing $400.     

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, stoney said:

Yes and on weekend they can rape you for a minimum two night stay. Even if you get one night can be over 200 in a decent hotel on weekend now. 

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

The marina in Port Severn where I fill up told me on Labour Day weekend he was down 40% in litres sold YTD from years past.    

There was another element - folks travelled out of Canada. Many competing choices as things " opened up ". 

8 hours ago, Canuck said:

There was another element - folks travelled out of Canada. Many competing choices as things " opened up ". 

Im hanging onto snowmobiling by a thread. If I choose to quit Ill just go south all winter

We need some cold to get people fired up.

Its the end of November and we're walking around in t-shirts still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

We need some cold to get people fired up.

Its the end of November and we're walking around in t-shirts still.

That’s trend lately it seems. Actually sad since Canada is warming at twice global rate. We are seeing evidence now no doubt. No snow banks on 400 yet it’s almost December 😂
when I was a kid we go down 400 near New Years and banks be taller then car. Already a few feet of ice too. 

hopefully it lasts until April this year 🙏