Is it safe to say that COVID pricing is over?

scottyr

Keep seeing the same sleds, boats and ATVs sitting on Marketplace or Kijiji for weeks now and they are obviously not selling.   Last year sleds were selling like hot cakes in July. 

My dealer is saying he is getting bombarded with calls from guys who bought units saying that they now want to trade their machines in as they cant sell their old ones.    

• Like 2

Hearing the same info elsewhere - the adjustment/correction is finally happening, which was just a matter of time.

Another positive sign of things overall getting closer or back to norm and learning to simply live with Covid vs. letting it ruin everyone's/societies life.

There's a glut of 'inventory'. In some businesses. Others (cars/trucks ?) - seems like pricing is still high and inventory low.

One interesting observation from a marina staffer on my recent Georgian Bay boat ride from Parry Sound to Byng Inlet (Britt) - cottages are empty, boats unused or put away early because folks decided to travel out of country. I wouldn't have missed this summer in Ontario for anything. They did. Same story from a marina operator in the Muskoka area. Quiet. And I don't think it's the usual "Marine gas is $2.20 litre" explanation. For some reason, people have the itch to go to Europe or Florida. Shoot-me-now, if given that choice in summer. 

• Like 3

Even though everything is "sold" right now, my dealer agrees that there are going to be lots of new sleds available this fall.    He already is getting a call every week from someone saying that they might not be able to take their 23 sled in the fall and if someone else wants it today, they will walk away from the deal.     

One of my best buddies is a Ford dealer and he said that they have no inventory but the floor traffic has come to a grinding halt as well.    The US Export has taking a huge tumble as well.  He sold my 21 F150 Lariat for $59K a month ago and told me he could only get $52-53 max for it today.       

• Like 2

Never like to see a recession, but the stupid needed to end.  Lumber is finally coming down and fuel has some as well.  Price of toys should drop in the near future.  Wonder how the FCMQ permit price increase will play out this year.  

• Like 2

How can anyone be surprised by this?

Covid and cheap money are both over!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, signfan said:

Never like to see a recession, but the stupid needed to end.  Lumber is finally coming down and fuel has some as well.  Price of toys should drop in the near future.  Wonder how the FCMQ permit price increase will play out this year.  

Lumber is dropping but the trades guys are jacking up their rates so much that it still costs more to build anything today than it did a year ago.    

I am a Realtor and I know several developers who are pushing pause on starting any new developments right now.    Falling prices and rising costs arent a good combo.   They are more concerned about getting the houses that are already sold closed.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

How can anyone be surprised by this?

Covid and cheap money are both over!

It getting shifted to the climate scam, brought to you by the same people.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ox said:

https://slaynews.com/news/1200-scientists-scholars-declare-no-climate-emergency/?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-newsletter&fbclid=IwAR1BvRB0si-k9ZIzKBvmdW5Qwj1fJ2gQuJ8zL1LVMwP5YnLQQ9a7yHQyZCo

The "fact checkers" on F/B say that it contains partially false info, but they didn't say what.

Any chance the fact checkers are slanted?

Probably not as slanted as that website, yikes.

1 hour ago, Ox said:

https://slaynews.com/news/1200-scientists-scholars-declare-no-climate-emergency/?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-newsletter&fbclid=IwAR1BvRB0si-k9ZIzKBvmdW5Qwj1fJ2gQuJ8zL1LVMwP5YnLQQ9a7yHQyZCo

The "fact checkers" on F/B say that it contains partially false info, but they didn't say what.

Any chance the fact checkers are slanted?

Its a grift, follow the $$$. 

The climate isn't changing the only ones pushing it are still flying their planes around the world while telling you to not take daily showers and just use a daily wipe.

Remember people, the poles, ie north and south have flipped multiple times from polar to tropical long before humans, the fools pushing this scam are milking the taxpayers by instilling fear in the feeble minds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christy said:

Probably not as slanted as that website, yikes.

I think that I got that on MSN news feed, so they vetted it.

4 hours ago, scottyr said:

Lumber is dropping but the trades guys are jacking up their rates so much that it still costs more to build anything today than it did a year ago.    

I am a Realtor and I know several developers who are pushing pause on starting any new developments right now.    Falling prices and rising costs arent a good combo.   They are more concerned about getting the houses that are already sold closed.   

Wonder if the labour time spent on the same task is now more than before (it sure seems like that is the case elsewhere) - add increased labour rates, the decrease in only some materials will no where near offset that, do not forget the other materials that have increased, that will not be coming down either.

10 hours ago, scottyr said:

Even though everything is "sold" right now, my dealer agrees that there are going to be lots of new sleds available this fall.    He already is getting a call every week from someone saying that they might not be able to take their 23 sled in the fall and if someone else wants it today, they will walk away from the deal.     

One of my best buddies is a Ford dealer and he said that they have no inventory but the floor traffic has come to a grinding halt as well.    The US Export has taking a huge tumble as well.  He sold my 21 F150 Lariat for $59K a month ago and told me he could only get $52-53 max for it today.       

What sled dealer?

I have a couple buddies looking for new 850 XRS.

The used market is going to be flooded with units in the not too distant future - and the new market will return to it's pre- pandemic state- where dealers were sitting on inventory.

My God daughter is a commercial/ residential estate appraiser, and was visiting last week , she was saying that a typical new garage build is quoted around $150 a sq ft now, pre covid a garage was $100 sq ft.  I am not sure if I can trust her " Timmins Ontario " perspective but scary either way. As for new vehicles dealer inventory.....here in Sault Ste Marie area, the Ford and GM dealer lots are pretty skimpy of trucks, but the Ram Jeep dealer ( dealer is Superior Dodge Ram Jeep ) has all sorts of new Ram trucks. Not sure why. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Panther340 said:

My God daughter is a commercial/ residential estate appraiser, and was visiting last week , she was saying that a typical new garage build is quoted around $150 a sq ft now, pre covid a garage was $100 sq ft.  I am not sure if I can trust her " Timmins Ontario " perspective but scary either way. As for new vehicles dealer inventory.....here in Sault Ste Marie area, the Ford and GM dealer lots are pretty skimpy of trucks, but the Ram Jeep dealer ( dealer is Superior Dodge Ram Jeep ) has all sorts of new Ram trucks. Not sure why. 

Some areas are closer to $200.00 sq/ft. for a garage - houses over $600.00

6 hours ago, Spiderman said:

The used market is going to be flooded with units in the not too distant future - and the new market will return to it's pre- pandemic state- where dealers were sitting on inventory.

The saving grace for the new and used markets maybe the 2023 snowcheck programs by the manufacturers.  While the manufacturers were criticized for shutting down snow checks and limiting sales they may look like geniuses now!

Imagine if they had been able to build and flood the market with as many orders as people wanted.   And deliver them of course. 

• Like 1

I have been keeping an eye on used truck prices as I will need one at some point. Definitely see prices slowly coming down and inventory staying on lots much longer.

4 hours ago, Panther340 said:

Same here. The Crashler Group seems to have plenty of stock, where the others don't normally have much.

Either Crashler didn't start off requiring the fanciest of 'puter chips, or they redesigned right away to be able to use what actually is available.

I was talking to a cousin at a family gathering the other day and he said that they had redesigned a board or two to use what was available.

They were able to get new boards printed pretty quick I guess....

4 hours ago, Panther340 said:

That sounds a little on cheap side. 
a chicken barn just for building was about 18 a sqaure foot before civid. Now it’s 40 sqaure foot just for building. Still need escvation, driveway, equipment and electrical and services installed too. 😡

16 hours ago, capster59 said:

I have been keeping an eye on used truck prices as I will need one at some point. Definitely see prices slowly coming down and inventory staying on lots much longer.

Yup, I think fuel prices has a part in that as well.

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Woo hoo keep dropping I need a truck soon!

As new prices increase don’t think used will drop that much.  

New GMC 2500 have increased $5400 I heard.