TO Snowmobile Show Bargains for Skis?

Candubrain

I’ve decided to buy a pair of C&A XPT skis and presently shopping around for the best price.  

C&A ever have a booth at the Show?   Or have there been deals to be had by the various retailers?

just wondering if I should hold off my purchase until then?

thanks

Brian 

It seems many people have suggested the deals at the show you used too see, are non existent as of late. 
Between booth expenses, set up, take down and manpower to run the booth, all the possible savings are used up. 

That is where I bought my last pair of skis though, for a deal at the time though. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Candubrain said:

I’ve decided to buy a pair of C&A XPT skis and presently shopping around for the best price.  

C&A ever have a booth at the Show?   Or have there been deals to be had by the various retailers?

just wondering if I should hold off my purchase until then?

thanks

Brian 

Hard to say really. Show should be a go this year but I suspect deals and pricing won’t be same as in past.  If any deals are to be had it is usually  on old inventory not new stuff. Sledding popular during Covid so everything moved well and won’t  be much old inventory left. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ecarnell said:

I’d wait for no tax sale at royal distributing and pick them up then.

they will have some sales surely this summer / fall I suspect.

Good suggestion....thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @ecarnell,   I did see that and priced them, but they are listing the wrong mounting adapter for my TS spindles.    They're closed today and not answering to confirm what I suspect, and tomorrow will be too late for the deal.    F9 has them as well, and with tax is only $6.00 more for the red ones.

19 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Thanks @ecarnell,   I did see that and priced them, but they are listing the wrong mounting adapter for my TS spindles.    They're closed today and not answering to confirm what I suspect, and tomorrow will be too late for the deal.    F9 has them as well, and with tax is only $6.00 more for the red ones.

I hate Royal. I go some where else. Customer service sucks and returns are difficult. No thanks. 😎

• Like 1

Never had an issue with Royal and I've returned items via Canada Post and in person.   I find their pricing competitive, and have a good selection for both motorcycling and snowmobiling.  Calling customer service they've always got back to me if there couldn't give me an answer immediately.   There are four online places I deal with regularly; Royal Distributing, GP Bikes, Dual Sport Plus and Fort Nine.   I do comparison shopping and go with who has stock and best pricing.

I need some motorcycle stuff from F9 and added the XPT skis to that order.   $490.00 for Red coloured XPT skis,  Royal was $519.00 and GP Bikes was $548.00.

GP just had a no HST sale, but that was only $6.00 cheaper than F9.    I was going to wait for Royal to have another no HST sale, but thought there might be a price increase before that happens as GP is charging more and ORPS Parts has the same price, along with the weaker Cdn dollar v/s the Greenback.

Now to decide whether to go with Bergstrom Triple Points or regular Woody's 6"

brian

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Never had an issue with Royal and I've returned items via Canada Post and in person.   I find their pricing competitive, and have a good selection for both motorcycling and snowmobiling.  Calling customer service they've always got back to me if there couldn't give me an answer immediately.   There are four online places I deal with regularly; Royal Distributing, GP Bikes, Dual Sport Plus and Fort Nine.   I do comparison shopping and go with who has stock and best pricing.

I need some motorcycle stuff from F9 and added the XPT skis to that order.   $490.00 for Red coloured XPT skis,  Royal was $519.00 and GP Bikes was $548.00.

GP just had a no HST sale, but that was only $6.00 cheaper than F9.    I was going to wait for Royal to have another no HST sale, but thought there might be a price increase before that happens as GP is charging more and ORPS Parts has the same price, along with the weaker Cdn dollar v/s the Greenback.

brian

I think one of the biggest issues at Royal is not knowing what you need, relying on them for that knowledge and than mistakes happen. 
if you know what you need, good to go, imo. 

So why woody’s - I bought those last year and not overly impressed, not really bad, but I’m thinking I’ll go back to studboys shaper bars. 
Never really considered triple points given my luck with shapers to date, but people say they are very good too. 

2 hours ago, stoney said:

I think one of the biggest issues at Royal is not knowing what you need, relying on them for that knowledge and than mistakes happen. 
if you know what you need, good to go, imo. 

So why woody’s - I bought those last year and not overly impressed, not really bad, but I’m thinking I’ll go back to studboys shaper bars. 
Never really considered triple points given my luck with shapers to date, but people say they are very good too. 

Agreed on knowing what you need. The last few years whenever I'm part shopping I look up what I need on line if I can and take the part or SKU number with me. I let the person behind the counter look the part needed up and then I compare the numbers . If we agree all is good. If we don't, I question why our numbers differ. I find I'm having better luck getting what I need the first time and being retired gives me time to shop this way.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2022 at 9:42 AM, Candubrain said:

brian

No input on the rest of it but if you are going with Bergstrom, order soon. He has gotten backlogged quite a bit the past couple years.

• Like 1