BRP AQUIRES EV DRIVE SYSTEM DEVELOPER.

zoso

BRP announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a company that specializes in e-drive systems and transmissions, reinforcing its know-how in electric vehicles technology.

Here’s the scoop from Valcourt:

BRP announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Great Wall Motor Austria GmbH, a subsidiary of Great Wall Motor based in Baoding, China. This leading EV R&D center based in Kottingbrunn, Austria, specializes in e-drive systems and transmissions and currently employs highly skilled individuals who will receive ongoing employment as part of this agreement.

“We look forward to welcoming the 53 very qualified and experienced engineers, technicians and professionals as we continue reinforcing our EV expertise required to deploy our ambitious strategy. This acquisition will further strengthen our know-how in e-motor, inverter hardware and software development,” said Thomas Uhr, chief technology officer at BRP.

On 7/8/2022 at 9:55 PM, zoso said:

BRP announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a company that specializes in e-drive systems and transmissions, reinforcing its know-how in electric vehicles technology.

Here’s the scoop from Valcourt:

BRP announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Great Wall Motor Austria GmbH, a subsidiary of Great Wall Motor based in Baoding, China. This leading EV R&D center based in Kottingbrunn, Austria, specializes in e-drive systems and transmissions and currently employs highly skilled individuals who will receive ongoing employment as part of this agreement.

“We look forward to welcoming the 53 very qualified and experienced engineers, technicians and professionals as we continue reinforcing our EV expertise required to deploy our ambitious strategy. This acquisition will further strengthen our know-how in e-motor, inverter hardware and software development,” said Thomas Uhr, chief technology officer at BRP.

Going to ban gas engines for sleds and atv’s soon too, you think? 

41 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Going to ban gas engines for sleds and atv’s soon too, you think? 

Ban 2 strokes before there is a ban on a gas engine. 
But starting with EV options that are practical, is a start - everything starts somewhere. 

18 minutes ago, stoney said:

Ban 2 strokes before there is a ban on a gas engine. 
But starting with EV options that are practical, is a start - everything starts somewhere. 

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/ottawa/2021/11/17/1_5670188.amp.html
This could be trouble for us down the road. Eventually  they won’t want gas powered snowmobiles or atv’s on crown land either. 

From what I see, just a group in Ottawa banning them for the contractors they use - starting Apr 1, 2023.

So it must be a contract year in 2023 and all contractors will see in the contract they price the new requirements they follow - and adjust their pricing accordingly.

I guess they will now need gas generators in the trailers to charge the batteries for all the equipment they use all day!

I wonder how the contract will look for these same contractors for the winter maintenance contracts, that are usually the same contractor - EV plows & snow blowers.......

If they think the snow clearing service sucks now when the snow flies, they will not like the excuse of batteries being dead stopping the snow clearing process....lol. 

I am not what most folks would consider "green", but I doo believe in good stewardship.

But we doo have a few batt powered yard gizmo's.

Whacker

Chain Saw

Leaf (grass) blower (also used for clearing out dryer vents)

I have been dead set agginst these things ever since my mom came home from the hardware in prox 1980 with a rechargeable whacker that I was to use around the pond.

I was pissed as soon as I seen it, What an underpowered POS!

Yeah, well - 40 yrs and higher expectations have produced much better results!

I prefer to have the batts on a charger and ready to R&R when needed, rather than have to dink with a chain saw that hasn't been started in 6 years.

After 2 years with the batt gizmo, we sold our Stihl whacker a few weeks ago.

But for something being used daily, especially continuously, converting energy an extra time is not efficient.

i felt the same way until my wife bought a electric chain saw .climb up the ladder and press the trigger .no gas ,no fuss and cuts like a dream .and they are cheap to buy.still have gas weed wacker and lawnmower.when they die i might go to battery

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/ottawa/2021/11/17/1_5670188.amp.html
This could be trouble for us down the road. Eventually  they won’t want gas powered snowmobiles or atv’s on crown land either. 

If the infrastructure gets built and the battery performance is there this isn't trouble.  It's progress.

On 7/11/2022 at 6:13 PM, signfan said:

If the infrastructure gets built and the battery performance is there this isn't trouble.  It's progress.

That’s a good point. Actually looking forward to an electric atv. Weight won’t hurt me there. Getting tired of getting all gas for all my small equipment around farm. Have an electric whacker now. Works great with those plastic teeth for quick jobs around house. Still need gasser for ditch though. Maybe an electric sled for Isaac be nice, if small ones are available soon. Advantage with electric is low maintenance and cheap fuel. My cousin made up an adapter for his car. Can plug it into two different 115 volt outlets and get 25 amps and 240 volts to car, via heavy duty extension cords thru patio door to car. He’s finding lots of places no plugs yet. That reminded me of sled junk too. He love all electric gizmos coming out 😎

On 7/11/2022 at 6:13 PM, signfan said:

So what infrastructure is required?

Multiples of charging stations for cars?

New high voltage towers and lines?

How about 12 nuclear power plants will be required to be online producing power our electric vehicles to meet the Governments 2035 target for electric vehicles. 

How many power plants have you heard are being planned / built?

37 minutes ago, Sksman said:

How about 12 nuclear power plants will be required to be online producing power our electric vehicles to meet the Governments 2035 target for electric vehicles. 

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/toronto/2022/4/12/1_5858981.amp.html

Thats only plan I can find 🤪. My as well  utilize smart meters to come up with a third tier staggered hydro usage. 

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Pretty sure one of Ontario’s nuclear plant is near end of life….or at least that what I recall hearing/reading. 
Didn’t they also make an announcement about those gas peaker plants that were built during the last libtards run, not being used or something like that. 
Solar and wind is too expensive plus wind is bad anyways between harmonics and wildlife. 
Received a letter from hydro one last year about how old and out of date the infrastructure is -how do I feel about upgrades and the costs associated with getting things up to date. 
Maybe we can soon stop selling off all that extra power to others at bottom of the barrel bargain prices, because we need it - wonder when those contracts end anyways…10, 20, 25 years…

Ontario definitely is way ahead of the curve when it comes to our power generating. 

Interesting read.  Wonder why they are not looking to Quebec hydro power as part of the solution?  Hydro Quebec is having a tough time getting connections approved into the new England area.  Ontario is a logical partner and potential customer.

2 hours ago, signfan said:

Interesting read.  Wonder why they are not looking to Quebec hydro power as part of the solution?  Hydro Quebec is having a tough time getting connections approved into the new England area.  Ontario is a logical partner and potential customer.

Politics go way back on that one. Cornwall got connected I believe.