License renewals - snowmobiles

signfan

Yup, nothing changed.

On 5/12/2022 at 12:38 PM, signfan said:

good luck with that fella

• 1 year later...

TTT

With reminders not mailed out for snowmobiles (just commercial vehicles it seems), unless you sign up for email reminders of course - for some it might be that time of the year to apply for the new snowmobile sticker before the season starts!

I just did mine for sled, car and went to MTO for truck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stoney said:

TTT

With reminders not mailed out for snowmobiles (just commercial vehicles it seems), unless you sign up for email reminders of course - for some it might be that time of the year to apply for the new snowmobile sticker before the season starts!

I just did mine for sled, car and went to MTO for truck.

Haven't touched the car since they did away with it.

Sled is due in Feb.

4 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Haven't touched the car since they did away with it.

Sled is due in Feb.

Pretty sure you are supposed to log on and complete online sticker renewal for free, but no sticker issued.

I think some folks were getting fined or something like that for not being up to date, even though it us free now.

53 minutes ago, stoney said:

Pretty sure you are supposed to log on and complete online sticker renewal for free, but no sticker issued.

I think some folks were getting fined or something like that for not being up to date, even though it us free now.

Tag on wife's vehicle says 2021. We have never "logged" into anything related to the MTO, so probably expired. 

I got stopped in March for speeding - nothing was said? - usual - license/insurance - got my ticket and paid it.

Lucky by the sounds of it

So….I’m oblivious to all this (and many other things) I used to get something in the mail showing my different sleds and needing to be completed to get new ValTags .   How does it work now ???  Do I just show up at Service Ontario and whisper things to them like all my serial numbers ??  And they will believe me ???

or do they want me to do something magic on FacePlant ?  
you would think that if there is a new process the JIC (jerks in charge) would make it public and spend 70 million $$ on a communications campaign to make the process public in order to save the 500,00$ that they think they will save. It is the government of course and they know best.  Of course, if they keep it a secret they can probably line their coffers with Fines !  
Of course some Minister of Something probably posted it on X, formally known as Twitter which is past tense for twat.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

So….I’m oblivious to all this (and many other things) I used to get something in the mail showing my different sleds and needing to be completed to get new ValTags .   How does it work now ???  Do I just show up at Service Ontario and whisper things to them like all my serial numbers ??  And they will believe me ???

you would think that if there is a new process the JIC (jerks in charge) would make it public and spend 70 million $$ on a communications campaign to make the process public in order to save the 500,00$ that they think they will save. It is the government of course and they know best.  Of course, if they keep it a secret they can probably line their coffers with Fines !  
Of course some Minister of Something probably posted it on X, formally known as Twitter which is past tense for twat.  

You can sign up for notifications to be sent to you via emil I believe. There has been some advertising about the notification system by Service Ontario I believe. I signed up last year and got the notification earlier in the fall. There was also a link included to order your valtags online and have them mailed to you. It worked very well for me with no need for a trip to the service Ontario office.

5 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Tag on wife's vehicle says 2021. We have never "logged" into anything related to the MTO, so probably expired. 

I got stopped in March for speeding - nothing was said? - usual - license/insurance - got my ticket and paid it.

Yep, I would day so.

But people were reporting how some received no ticket while others did.

Sticker on car remains the same, it is an update in the system, so a "soft" update - is there a real purpose to it, not sure, but I guess it comes down to perhaps other things that might be flagged, like outstanding tickets, 407 past due, etc.....so renewing will not be possible I would assume.

3 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

31 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You can sign up for notifications to be sent to you via emil I believe. There has been some advertising about the notification system by Service Ontario I believe. I signed up last year and got the notification earlier in the fall. There was also a link included to order your valtags online and have them mailed to you. It worked very well for me with no need for a trip to the service Ontario office.

It was pretty heavily advertised a year or so ago.

Process is, log onto ontario.ca / renew your license, etc....provide the info required i.e. license plate number and the permit number on your ownership, confirm your address is correct, supply odometer reading, pay the bill if you are buying for sled, receive email confirmation and voila, you are done!

Than as noted, sign up for reminder if you like for sticker, license, health card, etc.....that are all taken care by Ontario service center contractors.

I find it hard to complain about this since it is one more money grab removed, just like emission testing crap, etc...

Many more to go.....

11 minutes ago, stoney said:

Process is, log onto ontario.ca / renew your license, etc....provide the info required i.e. license plate number and the permit number on your ownership, confirm your address is correct, supply odometer reading, pay the bill if you are buying for sled, receive email confirmation and voila, you are done!

Than as noted, sign up for reminder if you like for sticker, license, health card, etc.....that are all taken care by Ontario service center contractors.

I find it hard to complain about this since it is one more money grab removed, just like emission testing crap, etc...

Many more to go.....

If it were advertised, I missed it.

I heard about doing away with stickers, but that was about it.

nothing came in the mail, and that’s all I will open and look at.

i know it’s ignorant, but i don’t pay much attention to a lot lol

Daughter was pulled over in the Ottawa area for just that and received a ticket earlier this year.

Her plate is now valid..lol..

Believe the OPP have cameras that scan all the vehicle licence plates around them to verify that they are valid, not stolen, etc..  Pretty sure I saw/read something about it a few years ago.

27 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

If it were advertised, I missed it.

I heard about doing away with stickers, but that was about it.

nothing came in the mail, and that’s all I will open and look at.

i know it’s ignorant, but i don’t pay much attention to a lot lol

I would say me too, but I recall this advertising was hard to miss between bill boards and commercials on the radio.

3 minutes ago, yamadan700 said:

Daughter was pulled over in the Ottawa area for just that and received a ticket earlier this year.

Her plate is now valid..lol..

Believe the OPP have cameras that scan all the vehicle licence plates around them to verify that they are valid, not stolen, etc..  Pretty sure I saw/read something about it a few years ago.

I recall  the exact same thing, officer does not need to do anything, the system scans as it drives and I guess gives a warning if a plate comes up that is an issue.

7 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Paid it why would you do that with courts backed up by two years. Most tickets get thrown out now. 😆

3 hours ago, stoney said:

Many more to go.....

Don't you worry. We are all going to pay for this Freebie.....lol

Wait until the new emissions testing rolls out.

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Don't you worry. We are all going to pay for this Freebie.....lol

Wait until the new emissions testing rolls out.

Ya, I know......every action has a reaction - but I still will not complain about one less thing that I am paying directly......vs. indirectly....lol

I thought the emissions testing was dead, no future plans for passenger vehicles.....at least with this government?

Some were talking about a new system, but that was just the rumour mill working in overdrive, I thought.

10 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Paid it why would you do that with courts backed up by two years. Most tickets get thrown out now. 😆

I was speeding - way over - officer was polite and did me a solid- no need to waste the time and resources - I was guilty and okay to accept what he wrote it up to. 

From what I see day to day - most do not get "off" they get plead down to a lesser

• Like 4

im surprised sleds dont have buyers guide yet ,atvs do. Regardless always do a lien check .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Bad example and part of the reason for the issues we are seeing 

7 hours ago, Spiderman said:

I was speeding - way over - officer was polite and did me a solid- no need to waste the time and resources - I was guilty and okay to accept what he wrote it up to. 

From what I see day to day - most do not get "off" they get plead down to a lesser

Good example - being accountable for your actions, dealing with, not blaming others or looking for the quick exit.

I think you are right as well, officers now a days do not even need to be in court, all done through video conference in their cruiser, etc...., 

• Like 1

I just occurred to me - with all these 'efficiencies' in ticketing ...are there fewer government employees? "No-one' is sending out renewal notices. Where'd that staff move to? The robust "Collections" department for those who forgot "1 year or 2 year renewal"?