2023 Arctic Cat snowmobiles

Re:Leaf

2 hours ago, ontariof7 said:

Two Yamahcats in my stable. Incredibly happy with them both. I see no reason to make a move or upgrade. Certainly nothing by any OEM has caught my attention....yet. 

Power steering might be a nice upgrade??

D76E0E8F-03F3-4361-98B3-CBABD8968172.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

True enough. I will just try a friends ; ) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

One of the absolute nicest looking sleds out there.

That blue......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spiderman said:

One of the absolute nicest looking sleds out there.

That blue......

That belongs to 0F7. He graciously let me ride it after I sold my 2 sleds for financial reasons. That picture was taken on Lake Simcoe last winter, and OF7 is in the background on his red viper. I really enjoyed riding the srx, so I tried to order one a few weeks ago from Fenlon Falls Marina (Yamaha dealer). The very nice owner contacted me and said all sold out, but have you considered Arctic Cat. I said no, I prefer Yamaha because my friend SJ was Mr Yamaha. He said it’s the same sled, same engine, and the clutch is new and improved. So I gave him my credit card number for the deposit and he was able to secure one for me. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Re:Leaf said:

That belongs to 0F7. He graciously let me ride it after I sold my 2 sleds for financial reasons. That picture was taken on Lake Simcoe last winter, and OF7 is in the background on his red viper. I really enjoyed riding the srx, so I tried to order one a few weeks ago from Fenlon Falls Marina (Yamaha dealer). The very nice owner contacted me and said all sold out, but have you considered Arctic Cat. I said no, I prefer Yamaha because my friend SJ was Mr Yamaha. He said it’s the same sled, same engine, and the clutch is new and improved. So I gave him my credit card number for the deposit and he was able to secure one for me. 

Where about on Simcoe is that? The pile of ice in the picture made me assume it was GB for some reason.

As for Yami vs Cat - I think the skis, clutch, gauge & colours of course are different, I am sure someone will correct me though if I am wrong.

All Yamicat's I think only use the Yami 998 engine now, 1098 is no longer used - 998 was making more power from what I am told.

Congrats on the purchase of course as well!

• Like 1

Between McRae point and Strawberry island. 

Any thoughts on a Yamaha dealer selling Arctic Cat snowmobiles? Is this happening elsewhere? 

Been on Cat's since 2009, have had good luck with them, for the most part, unless it was self inflicted. once they took their Mountain, and then Crossover platforms, to the single rail (Alpha) suspension, I was out as a new sled buyer. just not a fan. I will probably ride and rebuild my 2018 XF High Country, until the dual rail comes back, or I quit sledding. Ski

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

Been on Cat's since 2009, have had good luck with them, for the most part, unless it was self inflicted. once they took their Mountain, and then Crossover platforms, to the single rail (Alpha) suspension, I was out as a new sled buyer. just not a fan. I will probably ride and rebuild my 2018 XF High Country, until the dual rail comes back, or I quit sledding. Ski

I think the Riot has the dual rail system still - as far as I know, they have two variations of the Riot, one is more off trail, the X I think, like the High Country and the other is more on trail.

edit: I just looked at the website and the Riot X does have the alpha rail, the non X does not....

22 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

Any thoughts on a Yamaha dealer selling Arctic Cat snowmobiles? Is this happening elsewhere? 

If the new Arctic Cat beats that Sidewinder then I guess a second Arctic Cat will be sold from a Yamaha dealer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stoney said:

I think the Riot has the dual rail system still - as far as I know, they have two variations of the Riot, one is more off trail, the X I think, like the High Country and the other is more on trail.

edit: I just looked at the website and the Riot X does have the alpha rail, the non X does not....

non riotX has trail spindles skis, and track too ;) to get the offtrail front end geometry, track, gearing, chaincase, you have to go with the alpha rail set up. hence, my statement. Ski 

Just now, catinental couch said:

I agree with you ski. I have been on Cats since Rupp built their last sled. 

as Bartles & James used to say... "Thank you, for your support". :D Ski

• Like 1

I hadn't heard any bad press or experience with the Alpha before, but then the Cat forum would be the last board that I would visit..

Have you spent much time on an Alpha?

I have saw all I need to on the forums with broken/damaged rails, very few track options, track failures, tunnels buckling, and the reports of terrible trail manners. with as much trail as we ride to get to our play areas, balancing on a single rail doesnt sound appealing. I will stick to my dual rails, thank you. Ski

• Like 3

Cat tunnels buckling eh?

Talk to Dan or Pat aboot cat tunnels breaking during the Challenge Canada races back around 2000.

Nothing new... ;)

20 hours ago, Ox said:

Cat tunnels buckling eh?

Talk to Dan or Pat aboot cat tunnels breaking during the Challenge Canada races back around 2000.

Nothing new... ;)

They all buckle. Every seen a doo get caught on rail way tracks and doesn’t have to get hit by train to be wrecked 🤣

I remember all the hoopla about the 2012 Procross tunnels, the tapered ones, I even bought the replacement - 10 years later it's still sitting in the box with zero issues to date on the tapered one. Granted, it must have been enough of an issue to force the re-design, but I haven't experienced it at all.

Lucky I guess

11 hours ago, Spiderman said:

I remember all the hoopla about the 2012 Procross tunnels, the tapered ones, I even bought the replacement - 10 years later it's still sitting in the box with zero issues to date on the tapered one. Granted, it must have been enough of an issue to force the re-design, but I haven't experienced it at all.

Lucky I guess

It was redesigned due to ice build up, not structural integrity.

• 7 months later...

I received this email from my dealer. Has anyone else experienced a cancellation to their spring order? 

B20E4E7B-FE17-4FCE-9095-AFF0382DFFE5.jpeg

• Sad 3

Not me personally.

However, from what I have heard, a local Yamaha dealer had, I believe, 25ish spring orders and only 8 are coming in. Not good.

Don't know which models were cancelled.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

I received this email from my dealer. Has anyone else experienced a cancellation to their spring order? 

Yours is cancelled yet dealers on kijiji advertising available Thundercats in stock?  

• Confused 1