sled trailer smashes and ripped any decent repair facilities ?

528rick

How about Don's Trailer Service in Kitchener. I know they repair trailers but not sure if they get into that kind of work.

Last summer I had the ramp door down on my enclosed trailer while parked on the inside of a Cul-de-sac. Garbage truck driver wasn't paying attention and drove over the ramp with his rear tires. They got about a foot and a half up the side and crushed the inner frame. Skin was still saveable. 

I had Brent's Welding in Kitchener dismantle the door, rebuild the frame and reassemble. They were fair with the price. They also build trailers. Might be worth a shot.

I think the only issue to fixing it will be getting the pre-painted aluminum with the ridged (for lack of better word) pattern. I haven't seen any new trailers now with that on them for quite a few years.  The only alternative would be to re-skin the whole trailer with smooth material.

19 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think the only issue to fixing it will be getting the pre-painted aluminum with the ridged (for lack of better word) pattern. I haven't seen any new trailers now with that on them for quite a few years.  The only alternative would be to re-skin the whole trailer with smooth material.

I think Triton as well as other manufactures still uses that style of roofing on there hybrid line of trailers.....with the smooth skin sides.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

English Trailers in Lindsay. I had them do a repair to my skin and roll up rear ramp door as well as install some ski guides on my ramp door. Good job and timely repair.