sled trailer smashes and ripped any decent repair facilities ?

528rick

Like the headline states front and top of corrugated aluminum and framing  took the blow shearing the metal and top frame any repair ,replacement ideas from OC members .Trailer is 12 foot Easton  clamshell luckily covered by insurance

1 hour ago, 528rick said:

Like the headline states front and top of corrugated aluminum and framing  took the blow shearing the metal and top frame any repair ,replacement ideas from OC members .Trailer is 12 foot Easton  clamshell luckily covered by insurance

I don't know of any manufacturer's still building corrugated clamshells. This is going to be tough. There was a small corrugated clamshell manufacturer in St. Jacobs Ontario Called Rainbow Trailers. They still show up on a Google search but I'm not positive they are still an active business. Below is the contact info. for the parent company at the same location:

Rainbow Tool & Die Manufacturing

1550 King St N
N0B 2N0 St. Jacobs
Ontario - Canada
519 664 2297519 664 2817
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 528rick said:

For your reference there are two Easton Clamshells advertised on Kijiji. One is a 12' in Kingston. Might help with vlaues if nothing else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I don't know of any manufacturer's still building corrugated clamshells. This is going to be tough. There was a small corrugated clamshell manufacturer in St. Jacobs Ontario Called Rainbow Trailers. They still show up on a Google search but I'm not positive they are still an active business. Below is the contact info. for the parent company at the same location:

Rainbow Tool & Die Manufacturing

1550 King St N
N0B 2N0 St. Jacobs
Ontario - Canada
519 664 2297519 664 2817

I heard they closed up. I forget who I was talking to but he said they had cleaned out the buildings.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Every time I drive by, they still have 1 clamshell sitting out front. Building is empty…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i bought  a open trailer from them .well built,too bad there out of business.

Do you have pictures?

If you can buy the aluminum panels are you repairing yourself?

Trailers Plus in Peterborough might be able to get similar parts.

Thanks guys for the tips seems parts and/or panels are chickens teeth called many inc trailers plus and triton which has stopped making clamshells .Its too bad as I had a triton and actually preferred the Easton like wright said

36 minutes ago, 528rick said:

Thanks guys for the tips seems parts and/or panels are chickens teeth called many inc trailers plus and triton which has stopped making clamshells .Its too bad as I had a triton and actually preferred the Easton like wright said

You mentioned in a previous post that the trailer is insured. Wouldn't the insurance company be responsible for getting the repair done or writing off the trailer?

yes the trailer is insured however as you know negotiations with insurance companies begin with education, due diligence and who would likely have experienced such matters as OC members

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 528rick said:

yes the trailer is insured however as you know negotiations with insurance companies begin with education, due diligence and who would likely have experienced such matters as OC members

Well, they will decide will if it's repaired or written off.

au contraire never except a insurance companies  first offer as in my experience and experience in the market may decide your final offer 

10 hours ago, 528rick said:

au contraire never except a insurance companies  first offer as in my experience and experience in the market may decide your final offer 

Of course, I think that goes without saying in any negotiation - that's all it is. There is nothing stopping anyone from hiring their own appraisers and substantiating their loss themselves either if you disagree with it.

There are other "tools" in the insurance companies bag to use if people become un-reasonable too.

It goes both ways and good adjusters know what they're doing

• Like 1

Having worked in the fire industry for a number of years Adjusters have a fiduciary duty to their  company and as such do not work for you.Not sure what you consider good adjusters but my experience is they give you the lowest amount  of coin for your loss as a starting settlement and unless your aware/educated most people accept.Im sure there are some good stories here on OC with insurance company offers

Had a small dent on the top edge of my Triton a couple years ago. Insurance wrote if off because parts/ clamshell is unavailable. I got a great payout!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 528rick said:

Having worked in the fire industry for a number of years Adjusters have a fiduciary duty to their  company and as such do not work for you.Not sure what you consider good adjusters but my experience is they give you the lowest amount  of coin for your loss as a starting settlement and unless your aware/educated most people accept.Im sure there are some good stories here on OC with insurance company offers

Adjusters have a duty to uphold and follow the Insurance Act and the policy contract you purchased, nothing more, nothing less. Starts and stops there. Their duty is to both parties of the contract.

Your policy and Statutory Conditions within set out the settlement process very clearly - and Adjusters work within those boundaries, problem is the policy holder never reads or understands them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 528rick said:

This has been my experience also. Having three Chev trucks stolen i no longer drive Chevs.I would have to grab the latest copy of Truck trader back in the day and find all the trucks that were comparable to mine and show them to the adjuster.He would give you an offer then we would go back and forth on the value of mine to determine a fair price.I could tell you some stories on the questions the adjusters would ask me.They are not looking out for your better interest in my three experiences.

8 hours ago, snowchopper said:

This has been my experience also. Having three Chev trucks stolen i no longer drive Chevs.I would have to grab the latest copy of Truck trader back in the day and find all the trucks that were comparable to mine and show them to the adjuster.He would give you an offer then we would go back and forth on the value of mine to determine a fair price.I could tell you some stories on the questions the adjusters would ask me.They are not looking out for your better interest in my three experiences.

I feel your pain. I’ve had multiple bowties lifted from my lane over the years. Just can’t bring myself to drive anything else!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 9:40 AM, snowchopper said:

22 hours ago, T bird said:

I feel your pain. I’ve had multiple bowties lifted from my lane over the years. Just can’t bring myself to drive anything else!

Must be bad neighborhoods! Taking keys out of the ignitions and locking the doors may help as well!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Ya. You guys got me nervous now lol.  Switch from Bow Tie to Ram and no theft lol

Good thieves won't target Rams with 5.7's as their engines are GARBAGE

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2022 at 10:09 AM, 528rick said:

28A8E07F-3BB0-4680-B4A0-B766AEEA5438.jpeg

38E6E7C8-CDA5-49EC-8332-D0F0D07CC956.jpeg

Bang it out, patch it up, spray it, it still luvs ya!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1