Ice Scratchers

Quali Pieces Ice Scratchers mount to "A" arm of any snowmobile. Had to buy them for a 2 day run in Cochrane when my OEM tunnel mount scratchers broke and couldn't get replacements in time.

Stops your sled from overheating and lubricates the tracks and sliders

Carbide tips show no wear.

Paid $199.00 plus taxes ($227.00). Asking $150.00

Located in Kincardine, ON

IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

BRP tunnel mounts broke?

Were they used quite a bit?  I have seen some left down always, but my Renegade XRS 900 Turbo R has never gotten hot.  I have ridden 7,600 km this season and some on icy hard packed trails (perfectly groomed) and my buddy was heating up, but with the pre-studded track it must dig enough to cool and lube sliders. 
I have used them quite a bit on my Cat XF-8000’s. The carbide wears, but not fast.

I never take chances on Rail crossings. 

What do you thing caused?

Scott

The right one got caught crossing the rail line on the way to the canyon.   Stretched the coils straight 

16 minutes ago, Candubrain said:

The right one got caught crossing the rail line on the way to the canyon.   Stretched the coils straight 

That is my fear with any crossing of non solid bridge surfaces, road crossings, tracks, and ramps accessing water ferry’s.  I have torn studs out of my track in these same types of surfaces also.  It may not cause an any issue the first 20 times, but eventually something catches. 

I have found that using only one tunnel mounted scratcher is just as good as putting both down.  This splits the wear and if one goes, the backup is available.  I never use both at once unless on a lake with hard ice and no snow. 

Thanks for the explanation. 
Scott

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

That is my fear with any crossing of non solid bridge surfaces, road crossings, tracks, and ramps accessing water ferry’s.  I have torn studs out of my track in these same types of surfaces also.  It may not cause an any issue the first 20 times, but eventually something catches. 

I have found that using only one tunnel mounted scratcher is just as good as putting both down.  This splits the wear and if one goes, the backup is available.  I never use both at once unless on a lake with hard ice and no snow. 

Scott

I have never experienced any issues with mine, on my last sled with the wire type I always ran them down in pairs & ran them down pretty much full time, oddly enough this year I started to do what you mentioned above with my cable type scratchers, just put one down at a time that seem to work just fine, and did not use them all that much either.

Sorry for the side track on the thread - good luck on the sale!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AC+YA said:

Scott

Good advice.thanks

• Like 1