My 22 850 burnt down

pt3189

2022 Xrs 850 with 2900 kms . Last day of riding in Timmins, had already done 600 k the first two days.  Twelve of us headed to Iroquois falls. I’m in middle of group, about 45 minutes into ride I begin to smell a faint odour of gas fumes. I check my gas cap and link gas caddie, all good. I think it must be a loose gas cap ahead of me. Within 30 seconds we are at a road crossing and I flag the group to pull over. I tell them I can smell gas and they should check their caddies . After being stopped on trail for 20 seconds or so , smoke starts coming out of my vents,open left panel and see flames about 6 inches high. We scramble and try to put it out with snow to no avail. Within 30 seconds it was fully involved . Really sucks as it was the first brand new sled I have ever bought. Something either came loose or rubbed through.

• Sad 14

So far BRP have been pretty helpful. Would be nice to save my deductible and making a claim. I have pics and a vid but unsure how to attach 

5 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

It will likely be the fuel lines where they go into the injectors. The connectors really arent very strong. We had one come off.

Good luck

You think dealer would be checking those at pdi?  Hate to point fingers but this isn’t fist time doo has had this issue. Goes all way back to sdi, which was exact same issue. 

Just now, Strong Farmer said:

You think dealer would be checking those at pdi?  Hate to point fingers but this isn’t fist time doo has had this issue. Goes all way back to sdi, which was exact same issue. 

I think you are expecting way too much from a PDI if you think the dealer would be checking fuel line connections at the injectors. Pretty certain that PDI is basically final assembly, fluid levels and and any issues noticed. Fuel line connection is a manufacturing issue.

• Like 3

BFBA333B-E224-44A8-98E5-12A8CF40C060.jpeg

11C1C161-ED6E-4C2E-A02F-741FBB780959.jpeg

40026746-D638-4150-8FCD-FE9CFF4EABEE.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

They saved the basement!

• Haha 1

Past there today.  Still there

20 hours ago, pt3189 said:

BFBA333B-E224-44A8-98E5-12A8CF40C060.jpeg

11C1C161-ED6E-4C2E-A02F-741FBB780959.jpeg

40026746-D638-4150-8FCD-FE9CFF4EABEE.jpeg

You can eliminate the insurance investigation and any luck of recovery with that one.

Sucks, but replaceable.

On 3/22/2022 at 6:19 PM, Oggy said:

It will have to go through insurance. Insurance company may or may not go after manufacture.

This is correct.    Warranty will not cover this.   It is an insurance issue as no one can really prove that it was a warranty related issue.    Your insurer may seek damages from the manufacturer but chances are they will just pay it out and move on.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 8:20 AM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think you are expecting way too much from a PDI if you think the dealer would be checking fuel line connections at the injectors. Pretty certain that PDI is basically final assembly, fluid levels and and any issues noticed. Fuel line connection is a manufacturing issue.

The "P" in PDI is for PROFIT

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, scottyr said:

This is correct.    Warranty will not cover this.   It is an insurance issue as no one can really prove that it was a warranty related issue.    Your insurer may seek damages from the manufacturer but chances are they will just pay it out and move on.

100% pay it out and move on.

• Like 1