Ville Marie to Amos.

scottyr

My buddy Paul called me on Sat wondering if I could go on Sunday for a quick ride to Quebec.    I reminded him that I sold my 22 600XRS last week and had no sled.    He was pretty quick to say that he knew that and he was offering me his spare 2019 Backcountry 850 to ride for a few days.  

We drove up to Ville Marie on Sunday and checked into the Motel Louise.   We were the only sledders staying there last night.  

We hit the trails this am and headed towards Amos.   Trails haven’t been groomed in a bit but have very little traffic.  We rode 320kms today and met less than 20 sleds. 

We are checked into the Amosphere tonight.    There are a few sleds but it’s pretty dead. 

Heading towards Rouyn tomorrow. 

634F720E-73E6-461F-8704-BA62B01EAEC9.jpeg

5721012C-8F6E-43FF-8D3E-6BC2FE8D0334.jpeg

1F8666BF-D30D-499F-9BF2-8DC6865BBE45.jpeg

C0BD465A-CE52-4EFD-AE52-EB18BD1FF5EF.jpeg

D86EC86F-5462-4627-B8EF-80DAF02EDF70.jpeg

9F8BC6B2-AB5D-4B9D-923E-987B2A39AFBC.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Nice report    Pics look familiar LOL   Kinda too bad that more people dont go there  since its closer to trailer and riding is great    I know the 3 day permit is needed prob but what the H   just more skin in the game       We drove home from NL on Sunday and the traffic heading north was just crazy    I guess they stayed in Ontario 

1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

Nice report    Pics look familiar LOL   Kinda too bad that more people dont go there  since its closer to trailer and riding is great    I know the 3 day permit is needed prob but what the H   just more skin in the game       We drove home from NL on Sunday and the traffic heading north was just crazy    I guess they stayed in Ontario 

We come home on Friday. It was pretty much a convoy of trucks and trailers heading north, all the way back past London. 

• Like 1

We rode from Amos to Lasarre and then to Rouyn today.    Not a big ride by any stretch but we had a late night last night.   Trails were mint all day today.    Like yesterday, we saw less than 10 sleds all day.   I am starting to wonder if guys have quit riding for the season as there is so little traffic.  

There is a lot of snow here but it’s supposed to be 7c here on Friday.    Getting gas will be pain.   The pavement is already quite dry around here.   

We have a short ride back to Ville Marie this am and then head back to KW.   All of us have to work tomorrow.  

789B8F1B-7148-46AB-AE2F-4C1EBF45A49B.jpeg

D5F300FC-A3CF-4ED2-B5FE-E02B34FA2442.jpeg

• Like 3

The rail trail between Angliers and Ville Marie was so rock hard this am that all 3 machines were getting hot.   

Made it back to the truck at 1pm and loaded up on the way home now. 

That’s a wrap on sled season 21/22.   

88028AC2-9044-4A94-A780-FB7D0D676198.jpeg

5B3EFEC5-56DB-497F-AFF0-D133F85A671B.jpeg

• Like 6