Parking in Denbigh?

Grimm

I'm thinking of unloading my sled in Denbigh for what may be my final run of the year.  I don't see an official park n ride designated on the OFSC trail app, but there must be a sled friendly spot to unload no?

Coming in from Ottawa. Screenshot_20220314-085921.thumb.jpg.f605bf6f70730f91821f02df1871f60c.jpg 

Coming in from Ottawa.

The map shows me that parking at the Heritage park or the end of that road looks pretty good.

You're probably fine.  I think its a municipal yard there.  Have never tried to unload there.  Gas station is out on 41 along the lake.  Griffith is another option for you.  Not as far away if coming in from Renfrew.  

I took that trail from Griffith to Denbigh years ago...long, twisty and at the time wasn't groomed, so not a good memory.  Plus, I like making loops without doubling back on the same trail if possible, especially over a long distance, or worse if the trail is rough.

Thanks for the gas station idea, I'll check with them if I can put not.

Just an fyi...I ended up parking at the Heritage Park, which was perfect!  The trail runs right through the park too.  All in all, a great day for sledding.  Conditions were great, but I fear the next couple of days will decimate conditions and they'll shut down. 😟. It could be the end for the southern district sledding.

PXL_20220315_143338910.jpg

• Like 2