NL -Cochrane - Hearst March 13-16

ecarnell

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

might see you up there, We are heading up today till Monday. If you see my sled wave me down. I got a bunch of Polaris Goodies to give away.

Lol 

Of course you are giving them away, who would pay for that stuff?🤪

Up till Monday also. We  both are on the  matching shorties, this weekend.

Her's

tigre2.jpg

Mine

tigre.jpg

Wave us down if you see us. I'll let you try mine!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, lastzrt said:

Lol 

Of course you are giving them away, who would pay for that stuff?🤪

Up till Monday also. We  both are on the  matching shorties, this weekend.

Her's

tigre2.jpg

Mine

tigre.jpg

Wave us down if you see us. I'll let you try mine!

Thought you might be taking Greg when I saw the cutter pic..

Any updates from Cochrane to Hearst would be greatly appreciated.

Never got further west than Moonbeam.   Some bare spots but minimal.  Around Remi Lake was great and minimal traffic.  In fact all the branch trails were good, it was mainly the A trail that had the bare areas.

Make sure you have scratchers for the morning, saw one blown up 850 Doo.   I kept my scratchers down the entire time, 1,100+kms.   Did manage to hook one while crossing a rail track and pulled it straight.

brian

66967534086__5AECC108-FA0C-4D40-BF43-022DB755D549.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Proxrider said:

Any updates from Cochrane to Hearst would be greatly appreciated.

I’m in hearst, the loops around hearst are in good condition and it’s snowing up here right now. Yesterday was warm so they took a hit conditions wise, roads are toast and into the hotels is getting thin. 

• Like 3

Thanks Nunz.  I'm guessing A Trail will see alot of traffic again this weekend but a little snow and some colder weather should help out.  Trying to decide on a trip up mid week.

9 minutes ago, Proxrider said:

Thanks Nunz.  I'm guessing A Trail will see alot of traffic again this weekend but a little snow and some colder weather should help out.  Trying to decide on a trip up mid week.

Honestly drive the extra and go right to hearst that’s the consensus from everyone up here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone is thinking about heading away but doesnt want to drive to Hearst, Val D'or got 6" last night.  

This was just posted on FB.  

2596FF88-2259-4455-8396-EAE2E98AC102.jpeg

• Like 4

Its pretty cold up there until mid next week.   I bet the groomers are out for one last run before the temps are too warm.  

i see on face plant,lac fallion anounced as of yesterday,there done for the season..thats the problem.  Lots of day loops for sure out of val'dor,hopefully they continue to groom.i think that must be a 4 or 5hr drive from north bay?

1 hour ago, blackjack1 said:

i see on face plant,lac fallion anounced as of yesterday,there done for the season..thats the problem.  Lots of day loops for sure out of val'dor,hopefully they continue to groom.i think that must be a 4 or 5hr drive from north bay?

About 4.5 hours drive 👍

• Thanks 1

I see Ville Marie has closed their trails.    I generally leave my truck in VM and head towards VD from there.

I think some buddies of mine are heading to VD tomorrow.    I already told them not to even ask me to go ask I will just get mad because I cant go.   

23 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Never got further west than Moonbeam.   Some bare spots but minimal.  Around Remi Lake was great and minimal traffic.  In fact all the branch trails were good, it was mainly the A trail that had the bare areas.

Make sure you have scratchers for the morning, saw one blown up 850 Doo.   I kept my scratchers down the entire time, 1,100+kms.   Did manage to hook one while crossing a rail track and pulled it straight.

brian

66967534086__5AECC108-FA0C-4D40-BF43-022DB755D549.jpeg

learned not to leave them down going across tracks. they will make it over, or do what yours did, only to snap at the bend a few klicks down the trail. the hard snap they get hitting the steel, makes them brittle, and they will break very soon after hitting an rr track. sorry for your luck. Ski

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lastzrt said:

Smooth rock closed all trails this am for reasons unknown yet

Should be a challenge getting back to Cochrane from the west if your rig is there

Read that there was an opp investigation due to a serious accident. No idea what happened, just from what I've seen on 705 sleds.

From the PBR F/B page

this is what I think happened, there was a hill that would be able to pick your skis up if you went fast enough, with a gnarly divot at the bottom. So I think he picked his skis up and hit the divot then sent him into the trees, sled was mangled.

•  

More updates from anyone up there this week would be appreciated.

We just got back from 3 days of riding in the Hearst area, Trails coming into Hearst are getting a little beat up but holding up, The loops around Hearst are amazing condition and looks like there is quite a bit of snow in the forecast coming this week. We rode to Hornepayne on Saturday and it was not too bad but very icy, scratchers are a must as they hadnt gotten the fresh snow. 

We never went east of Mattice so can't comment on the conditions out that way. Hope this helps

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Proxrider said:

More updates from anyone up there this week would be appreciated.

They are still grooming Cochrane, Iroquois Falls A trail.

We were never west of Moonbeam and rode very good trails the last three days. 

Get up and ride!

• Like 1