Cross-Country Snowmobiling 2021-2022

Dan-Senior

Cross-Country Snowmobiling

Here's my latest write-up of our recent cross-country trip to Ritchie Falls Ontario from Iron Bridge Ontario.  Now that warm weather is on the way, the snow will pack making for some amazing March / April remote wilderness riding in Algoma District 13.

https://sled-x.ca/news/february-2022-report1.html   

ritchie-falls.png

• Like 8

as always, enjoy your trip adventure stories. we are heading up this morning for a week. if you have the time, and want to head north, let me know. Ski

• Thanks 1

As OFSC trails shut down, Spring snowmobiling continues for us in the Algoma District 13.  Typically, we are good until about mid-april, however, one of my riding colleagues did sled the Kindiogami Road / Black Creek Outfitters on May 1st, years ago in a tee-shirt.  Perhaps I may match his record someday, but that is more difficult to do with climate change.  

Tomorrow we are heading into the Wilderness for some bush snowmobiling.  Temperatures are expected to be about +7 C.  

Looking forward to a sunny day and still ample snow in the bush.

• Like 9

Elliot Lake - Scenic Views

We took in some scenic views along the powerline within the City of Elliot Lake limits.  This is a photo from on top of the hill on the north side of Horne Lake, with an overview of the city.

powerline-elliot-lake.jpg

• Like 5

I was working at the Hydro station by the trailer park Fri,Sat, Sun and pretty sure I saw you guys stop there. 

Enroute now to Thunder Bay and there are a lot of bare spots even north of Marathon 

On 3/22/2022 at 2:32 PM, Boy Oh Buoy said:

I was working at the Hydro station by the trailer park Fri,Sat, Sun and pretty sure I saw you guys stop there. 

Enroute now to Thunder Bay and there are a lot of bare spots even north of Marathon 

Wow, good eye!  Yes, that was us as we helped a Senior's Couple who had gotten their Toyota SUV stuck on the trail right next to the Hydro Station.  We stopped to push them out.  Too bad we didn't meet up.

Dan , I'm on vacation next week in Armstrong so hoping to get out scouting on a few cross-country tours . 

They won't be to your high-standards but I'll try and post some pictures and videos.  

Yes , I had lunch ready on the grill so woulda shared for sure. 

Enjoy one of our final weekends on the snow ! 

• Thanks 1