New Liskeard - Locals Opinion Needed

Sevey

Planning to pop up on Sunday and ride until Tuesday with my daughter for March Break. Staying at the Waterfront Inn.

Want to know what the people that live there think - how the trails holding up with the traffic.

I have read hot and cold comments - FB pages show good things from the clubs but i hear every southerner is up that way. Are the trails usually just raked around after a weekend or are they full of 2’ whoops?

Sunday Afternoon - A trail south down to Temagami

MOnday - ride out to Elk Lake on the A.

Tuesday - ride a loop out to Earlton, head east to pic up the canal, cross lake back to hotel.

I know riding right after a weekend is a cardinal sin - but weather is eroding at the end of the week and want to catch some final rides.

Thanks all

MS

12 minutes ago, Sevey said:

Planning to pop up on Sunday and ride until Tuesday with my daughter for March Break. Staying at the Waterfront Inn.

Want to know what the people that live there think - how the trails holding up with the traffic.

I have read hot and cold comments - FB pages show good things from the clubs but i hear every southerner is up that way. Are the trails usually just raked around after a weekend or are they full of 2’ whoops?

Sunday Afternoon - A trail south down to Temagami

MOnday - ride out to Elk Lake on the A.

Tuesday - ride a loop out to Earlton, head east to pic up the canal, cross lake back to hotel.

I know riding right after a weekend is a cardinal sin - but weather is eroding at the end of the week and want to catch some final rides.

Thanks all

MS

I don't think there are any current posters from the Liskeard area on the forum.

I just got back from that area. Was there for a week. Trails were fantastic all week. Except for the Englhart area. Was beat up pretty bad by Wednesday. When we left yesterday, everything in the area had been groomed or working at it. Some trails could be a bit beat up after the weekend, but you should be fine!

B67A60F7-5C44-4FA9-BF76-344E2FD2CB29.jpeg

BF5222BB-A833-4F22-B1E0-A1611C32B32C.jpeg

24D5548E-8D29-4388-864E-FA1C23E5B67E.jpeg

• Like 3

Just got back, I arrived Monday and returned Friday, riding tuesday to thursday.

On tuesday morning the trails were rough heading North, on the return the A trail was groomed.....the rest of the week all the trails were great, the only rough area being the river (A trail) as the groomer doesn't run it.....to say bumpy would be an understatement 

Tuesday run to Larder Lake and ate at the Muddy Moose.......great food.

Wednesday  run to Elk Lake Eco Centre for Lunch then to Kirland Lake and back

Thursday run to Temagami Inn for lunch.,.....then back up to the L190 and down the A107Q (lake run) 

The A107Q is a must ride....the views running on the lake were spectacular.....there were some soft areas, but nothing to be of great concern.

Stayed at the Econo Inn,.....very clean and you could walk into Alis Restaurant without going outside.    Right on the trails and Esso across the road.

Snow was deep if you missed a turn

The ambulance didn't see the sign saying "Snowmobile Trail.....Your GPS is wrong.....Do not Enter"   There was 12 of us....we managed to dig and push it back about 3 meters before finding out they had a tow truck coming......"See ya"

Sorry about the sideways photos.....

brian

IMG_1475.jpeg

IMG_1483.jpeg

IMG_1486.jpeg

IMG_1473.jpeg

IMG_1466.jpeg

IMG_1456.jpeg

IMG_1454.jpeg

IMG_5967.jpeg

IMG_2440.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

• Like 13

Thanks for the comments - sounds like there have been some good days.

Past the point of no return - Sled is loaded and i am leaving first thing

MS

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Just got back, I arrived Monday and returned Friday, riding tuesday to thursday.

On tuesday morning the trails were rough heading North, on the return the A trail was groomed.....the rest of the week all the trails were great, the only rough area being the river (A trail) as the groomer doesn't run it.....to say bumpy would be an understatement 

Tuesday run to Larder Lake and ate at the Muddy Moose.......great food.

Wednesday  run to Elk Lake Eco Centre for Lunch then to Kirland Lake and back

Thursday run to Temagami Inn for lunch.,.....then back up to the L190 and down the A107Q (lake run) 

The A107Q is a must ride....the views running on the lake were spectacular.....there were some soft areas, but nothing to be of great concern.

Stayed at the Econo Inn,.....very clean and you could walk into Alis Restaurant without going outside.    Right on the trails and Esso across the road.

Snow was deep if you missed a turn

The ambulance didn't see the sign saying "Snowmobile Trail.....Your GPS is wrong.....Do not Enter"   There was 12 of us....we managed to dig and push it back about 3 meters before finding out they had a tow truck coming......"See ya"

Sorry about the sideways photos.....

brian

IMG_1475.jpeg

IMG_1483.jpeg

IMG_1486.jpeg

IMG_1473.jpeg

IMG_1466.jpeg

IMG_1456.jpeg

IMG_1454.jpeg

IMG_5967.jpeg

IMG_2440.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

Think we met each other several different times over the course of the week. Was a great week of riding!

EMS on a mission or out site seeing? Kinda scary if they don't know better.

13 hours ago, T bird said:

Think we met each other several different times over the course of the week. Was a great week of riding!

I did chat with several folks from the Guelph, Kitchener area.  It was a good week

• Like 1

Closing the Loop - My Debrief.

Left Sunday am (March 13th) - checked into the Waterfront Inn and did an afternoon ride to Temagami and back. Was expecting rough conditions but trails were fantastic. Fun trail through the forests - 200km.

Monday - breakfast at Gillis, took the A out of town to Elk Lake, went on the A107 to visit Canyon Lake - nice. Came back had lunch at the Elk Lake Eco Centre. Then went back on the A and took the L161 north, and A108 to Englehart. Trails were rough around Engelhart but 5 km out of town trails were good. Took the A108q down to the river and rode out to Lake Temiskaming. Did a brief visit to the belle province. Back to the hotel with lots of daylight to spare - did a quick  evening lap back up the Wabi on the A south to Hailybury and out the L182 to the Lake. Turned south and visited Devils Rock - very cool - then ran the lake back to the hotel. What a day. - 300km

Tuesday - since the A was in good shape we stayed away from the tertiary trails and went back out to Elk Lake. Freshly groomed trails made for a fast run. Did the full loop on the A107 this time - that did not disappoint. The south side of that loop is like a roller coaster.  Then had lunch at the Elke Lake Wilderness Lodge - Thanks Mary Jo. Great people. They we headed for the hotel to load up for home - 250km.

This was my daughters first real Northern Ontario trip and it did not disappoint. Great trails up there. Hats off to the clubs. Great job! A ton of fun to ride. Looking forward to next year.

MS

• Like 12