Smooth Rock Falls Esso Continues to run dry on fuel

Gadgetman

I heard they ran out again this week and had to shut down. Apparently, there deliveries are based on last years volume, which was lower than sales this winter.

Keep that in mind when setting your fuel stops.

That place is becoming a joke.    I just finished 1500kms up there and that station was by far the most expensive gas of the whole trip.    Even more than Foleyet or places way farther off the beaten path.    I will just plan on getting gas in Kap or Moonbeam from now on.    

And dont get me started on Smoothys.    We walked out after waiting an hour for a soup/sandwich. 

5 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

If you want food in SRF,  visit Ellies Bristro...

Agreed!  After the disaster we experience in December at Smoothies watching the owner/waiter and a sledder staying at the Moose Motel get into a shouting match, and waiting over an hour for our food in an empty restaurant, we tried Ellie's Bistro next door.  Fantastic service and great food!  They said they were considering opening for breakfast in the future.  Its a shame what's become of that place.

• Like 2

Great advice, for options. Thanks. Call ahead, in a pinch for fuel, I suppose.