Cochrane Thursday

volunteer2

I’ll be in kap Thursday and Friday 

• Like 1

After long discussion our group decided to cancel our 7 days North corridor trip this year. Too much going on around.....

Hopefully next year everything back to normal.

I'm planning to do my solo closer trip this weekend Sudbury-Gowganda-Temagami-Sudbury and put my sled in storage. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andreyboater said:

After long discussion our group decided to cancel our 7 days North corridor trip this year. Too much going on around.....

Hopefully next year everything back to normal.

I'm planning to do my solo closer trip this weekend Sudbury-Gowganda-Temagami-Sudbury and put my sled in storage. 

Solo closer trip. You enjoy going by yourself? 

56 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Solo closer trip. You enjoy going by yourself? 

I prefer ride with my team, but it  falls in a parts this time so solo its it's some kind of compensation.

Im headed for Cochrane friday, should be up there in afternoon. 

Sat headed to Hearst and sunday onwards to Mooseonee. 

We come back Tuesday afternoon, and riding all day wednesday and homewards thursday.

12 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

We are in the NCDN starting Thursday for 5 days....

what day(s) will you be in Hearst? send me a PM if you wish to keep it "secret". lynne and I are heading up Sunday or Monday, for a week or so. I need to "fix" the belt drive. wouldnt mind a trail ride to Hearst to meet with you and Denis. Ski

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

what day(s) will you be in Hearst? send me a PM if you wish to keep it "secret". lynne and I are heading up Sunday or Monday, for a week or so. I need to "fix" the belt drive. wouldnt mind a trail ride to Hearst to meet with you and Denis. Ski

Our timing is off again...:poke2:. Hearst, Friday night with OC Member @Evil and company. Kap and Cochrane the rest of the time. We are back up March 24, 25, 26, 27. Weather permitting...

• Like 1

fat lady is warming up her pipes. weds starts 7 days of above zero, up there. get at it! snow wont dissolve but, it will settle a bunch. enjoy your trip. say high to the group for us. Ski

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skidooboy said:

fat lady is warming up her pipes. weds starts 7 days of above zero, up there. get at it! snow wont dissolve but, it will settle a bunch. enjoy your trip. say high to the group for us. Ski

Will Doo. We will see you guys hopefully sometime. We are hopeful that we can get back up March 24, 25, 26, 27. Rooms booked, fingers and toes crossed weather holds. Our weather for the next 5 days looks spectacular...

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 8:08 PM, infernobuster said:

Im headed for Cochrane friday, should be up there in afternoon. 

Sat headed to Hearst and sunday onwards to Mooseonee. 

We come back Tuesday afternoon, and riding all day wednesday and homewards thursday.

A little late to ask infernobuster, but how are you getting from Hearst to Moosenee? It’s a ways up north from Abitibi Canyon.

On 3/11/2022 at 10:22 AM, Toyman said:

A little late to ask infernobuster, but how are you getting from Hearst to Moosenee? It’s a ways up north from Abitibi Canyon.

Off the L161 they have a path to the river .. follow the river all the way up. And where it turns into rapids, you run the forest and than into the hydro fields. Good run .. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, infernobuster said:

Off the L161 they have a path to the river .. follow the river all the way up. And where it turns into rapids, you run the forest and than into the hydro fields. Good run .. 

So you know it well than!

When river turns into rapids - sounds like one of those situations you better not make a mistake on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, infernobuster said:

I never would have imagined this.  Was on the L159 earlier in the season when L153 was still closed so never saw where that path would have been.  I’m not sure of the distance but assume you need to bring gas for the Sidewinder?  My extra fuel for the same sled is 10 ltrs which may make it.  

I like a challenge, but my wife wants to know how much are we looking at to do this?

3 hours ago, stoney said:

So you know it well than!

When river turns into rapids - sounds like one of those situations you better not make a mistake on.

Nope. The guide did though  .. lol. The guides brought fuel for us on the sleds.

• Like 1

Are there two tour groups going to Moose Factory now?

one From abitibi base camp and other from west (kap / Hearst?)?

did the trip back in 1994  (on 1992 polaris RXL’s!!), and thinking doing with son at some point in time.

13 hours ago, Toyman said:

I never would have imagined this.  Was on the L159 earlier in the season when L153 was still closed so never saw where that path would have been.  I’m not sure of the distance but assume you need to bring gas for the Sidewinder?  My extra fuel for the same sled is 10 ltrs which may make it.  

I like a challenge, but my wife wants to know how much are we looking at to do this?

you will want, and need a guide. to route you around, and through dangers, and haul the fuel required for this trip. this is for experienced riders with at least cross over sleds, for track length, depth for floatation. there are pics on FB from Pat Dubreuil doing this a few weeks ago. there are several portages around water areas, one looks to be a nasty side hill, donkey trail.  there is a young lady in Hearst with her father guiding right from the companion. Ski

• Like 2