SPEEDING ON TRAILS IN QUEBEC

This was just posted on QR by Iceman:

Heavy speeding: fines of more than than $2360 for two Americans

Friday, 4 March 2022 04:05
 UPDATE Friday, 4 March 2022 04:05
 Two American snowmobilers aged in their fifties have been fined hefty for excessive speeding in Nord-du-Québec.
 The two in their fifties were intercepted by a police officer from the Lebel-sur-Quévillon station on Wednesday on a federated trail near Route 113, in the Baie-James sector, said the Sûreté du Québec (SQ).

The first snowmobiler received a $1,546 ticket for traveling at 150 km/h in a 70 km/h zone, while the second was caught speeding 121 km/h, an offense that earned him 817  $ Fine.
 "These police presences aim to intervene with snowmobilers who have behaviors that compromise the safety of other users on the trails," said the SQ in a press release.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2022/03/04/grand-exces-de-vitesse-amendes-de-plus-de-2360--pour-deux-motoneigistes-americains?fbclid=IwAR0jKsdGaErAiwlAtC7kophbqMzuxFNNa6qlShObZcm-hhaHP5Y1L4FxCUs

Route 113 runs from near Senneterre up through Quevillon towards Chibougamau. I can't imagine how anyone would get a speeding ticket on the trail that parallels the highway LOL

Wow. Different speeding penalties in Quebec 

On 3/5/2022 at 3:26 PM, GrizzlyGriff said:

Wow. Different speeding penalties in Quebec 

And, so why do we need 180+ HP trail sleds? I know, just for fun.

• Haha 1

I may have to tune into that TV show "Locked Up Abroad" in the future sometime! ;)

• Haha 1

Having fun is getting really expensive

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Having fun is getting really expensive

yep......lol

• over price (or valued) sleds & gear
  • gas is at an all time high
  • and to add some salt to the wound, here is a nice speeding ticket

I wonder if the sledders were charged in error based on the HTA - not sure if in QC they have the same system when it comes to these things as we have in ON for tickets on the trails?

7 hours ago, stoney said:

yep......lol

• over price (or valued) sleds & gear
  • gas is at an all time high
  • and to add some salt to the wound, here is a nice speeding ticket

I wonder if the sledders were charged in error based on the HTA - not sure if in QC they have the same system when it comes to these things as we have in ON for tickets on the trails?

I found out a little more info. on the charges. They were laid at a spot where trail 93 runs along the side of Route 113 about 12 km. northeast of Quevillon. There are 2 stretches of trail in that 12 km.'s that run along the highway.   

NOTE TO SELF!!!

• Thanks 1

I will admit that I got busted about 25 years ago on the trail that runs along Hwy 11 going into Smooth Rock Falls.    The cops picked me up on radar in their cruiser going 165km/h.   I was on a brand new 1998 Polaris XC700 and the dumbass in me didnt think that running at warp speed along the highway was a bad idea.    I now take it real slow when running on a trail that runs along a major highway.   The cop was absolutely losing his mind.    He didnt know what to charge me with.    I finally got the standard MSVA speeding ticket but I was in the back seat of the cruiser for 45 mins while my buddies were freezing their azz off waiting for me.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, scottyr said:

I am that proud to admit that I got busted about 25 years ago on the trail that runs along Hwy 11 going into Smooth Rock Falls.    The cops picked me up on radar in their cruiser going 165km/h.   I was on a brand new 1998 Polaris XC700 and the dumbass in me didnt think that running at warp speed along the highway was a bad idea.    I now take it real slow when running on a trail that runs along a major highway.   The cop was absolutely losing his mind.    He didnt know what to charge me with.    I finally got the standard MSVA speeding ticket but I was in the back seat of the cruiser for 45 mins while my buddies were freezing their azz off waiting for me.   

Yeah, I keep reading about all the fast riding up there [on here] and I keep wondering if things have changed or what?

When we were up there in the 90's, we were warned to not hit it too hard on Top A as they hand out tickets like they are Carter's little Liver Pills.