Midland & Penetang

rsykes

Looking for some different options for tomorrow. Does anyone know what its like crossing the bay from Honey Harbor going into Penetang?  Saw on the news that there is some open spots now by the south end of Beausoleil Island?  I'm guessing its not in the tree line, but not 100% sure. Riding out from Gibson Lake and was thinking of crossing the bay to ride the 303 305 304 trails.  Past 3 weekends we have been riding north to Parry Sound and have been pretty good but just looking for a change. 

I haven't been that way for 2 weeks. As you likely know, the old route in front of ' Delewana ' is closed. The new route takes you to Midland. I've always started towards Midland and then peeled off and made my way ( unstaked ) to that mushy part at the  South end of Beausoleil ..then pick up the tree line again to Penetanguishene at the cookout/ camping spot at South end. Not for the faint of heart ( wifey ) ... or others now that you mention south Beausoleil issues.

Be safe. Head to Midland ( tree line ). Note that land trail between Midland and Penetanguishene is roads. Not a good idea on 10 - 13 degree Sunday , group.

• Like 2

ahhhh yes, I did forget that there is a bunch of road running that way.  Will probably avoid going that way now.  Thanks for the reply! 

We took a ride through there on Wednesday. Non issue, tree line is marked in the safe area. Head right to the boat launch at Dock Lunch. The best option for you.. 

• Like 1

We ended up going north from our place to ride Mactier & Parry Sound. Trails were excellent - ended up doing 155km. 

• Like 1

I am more towards south collingwood - we lost too much snow last Sunday. We would need 24” of snow to get going again. Fields below the escarpment are totally bare.

Such a shame. At times our riding was great but between a few thaws with rain and high winds that exported the snow into the bush, it turned into a tough season

MS