French River area? Will the trails survive Sunday's Temps?

Candubrain

A large group of us have rooms booked in the French River area for next week.   

Our concern is that the trails in that area will not survive the warm temperatures predicted for this Sunday.   We can cancel up to tomorrow without being charged for the rooms.

Do you think the base is good enough in the French River area to withstand the warm weather for a day?  

thanks

brian

I'm 1/2 hr south of there, have solid base here and got 3 inches or so of fresh powder last night. Weather network is saying +7 and light rain, local radio Moose FM is saying +14 and freezing rain, pick your poison. My opinion is the base will survive but trails will be rock hard and road running will suck, scratchers for sure.

Fingers Crossed, for you and me!

• Like 2

Move your trip a bit further north to the highway 17 area as a precaution. As others have recently stated, trails/conditions are great from Windy Lake, to Espanola to Elliot Lake/Dunlop Lake. Just my opinion and opinions are like a.. holes. I guess Sunday could take a toll there as well, but less likely. My buddies are going out of Windy Lake Motel Monday AM. They are doing as I have suggested, with a drop down across the ice to Manitoulin, if still decent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Candubrain said:

A large group of us have rooms booked in the French River area for next week.   

Our concern is that the trails in that area will not survive the warm temperatures predicted for this Sunday.   We can cancel up to tomorrow without being charged for the rooms.

Do you think the base is good enough in the French River area to withstand the warm weather for a day?  

thanks

brian

Freinds that live in the French river trailers to Elliott lake this week. 

Little more driving can save you a lot of grief..

• Like 4

Maybe the trails with significant tree coverage, anything in the open will be gone. If its windy/rainy, it will be even worse.  Good chance they'll turn red so  thats a no go anyways.

Edited by Puggz
additional comme t

Will be toast in the area.

Get the boats ready

thanks everyone.    We may stay the first night and decide from there

On 3/7/2022 at 2:24 PM, Rich Saul said:

How did you make out?

Just got back.  Ended up going directly to New Liskeard and enjoyed that area instead

• Like 2