The A Trail out of Temiskaming Shores, New Liskeard

J-Fly

So disappointed, corduroy all the way. We planned 3 days. Luckily the connectors were groomed, salvaged the trip.

Anyone know what was going on? We have a large group spending big bucks. Won’t return if this continues.

• J-Fly changed the title to The A Trail out of Temiskaming Shores, New Liskeard

On tuesday Travelled A north from Temagami to new Liskeard

Latchford to NL was brutal. 

but we passed  2 groomers up close to New Liskeard.  

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

There was a groomer that burned a while back.  Has to be part of the issue ?

That was a while ago, I hope not. Shining Tree was also down a groomer.

There needs to be better co-ordination of spare groomers imo. I know our Dist (11) has a spare that floats around and even that is not enough at times.

• Like 2

Same with the fiancée and I last year.  Booked a week at the Waterfront, looking forward to spending the week riding all directions and dining at Rooster's. No doubt it was a little windy out, but we rode rough trails and hard-packed drifts for a day, checked out of our room and headed for Cochrane and Kap and won't go back to NL. 

They know how to do it there  ! 

They know how to do it in Temiskaming Shores too.

Sorry to hear some folks have had bad experiences, but I've sledded out of New Liskeard several times, and found the trails generally excellent. I'm sure they have their challenges though, just like everywhere else.

Trail conditions on the Wabi and Blanche Rivers, as well as Lake Temiskaming, are out of the club's control. I've also noticed the A Trail between the Wabi and Earlton can be subject to bad drifting, especially on the south side of the airport.

Generally, though, I've found the club to be very experienced and diligent with their grooming. Also very good at communicating their progress via regular Facebook updates. Here are the last three posts:

Screenshot_20220303-131049_Facebook.thumb.jpg.8e9a451efed2987a29f116d659744791.jpg

Screenshot_20220303-130923_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220303-130906_Facebook.thumb.jpg.e121477faadca9faf51eab0a490678e8.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

They know how to do it in Temiskaming Shores too.

Sorry to hear some folks have had bad experiences, but I've sledded out of New Liskeard several times, and found the trails generally excellent. I'm sure they have there challenges though, just like everywhere else.

Trail conditions on the Wabi and Blanche Rivers, as well as Lake Temiskaming, are out of the club's control. I've also noticed the A Trail between the Wabi and Earlton can be subject to bad drifting, especially on the south side of the airport.

Generally, though, I've found the club to be very experienced and diligent with their grooming. Also very good at communicating their progress via regular Facebook updates. Here are the last three posts:

Screenshot_20220303-131049_Facebook.thumb.jpg.8e9a451efed2987a29f116d659744791.jpg

Screenshot_20220303-130923_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220303-130906_Facebook.thumb.jpg.e121477faadca9faf51eab0a490678e8.jpg

yeah, much like everywhere else in the Province, I have experienced 10/10 conditions there - and conditions less than 10/10, is what it is.

• Like 3

On Thursday afternoon we rode A trail south from Elk Lake all the way to New Liskeard.   It was in great condition.    Some drifting in fields but still in great condition.

This morning we rode the A trail from New Liskeard to A101D.   It was in great shape.   From Latchford to Temagami was one of best condition trails I have ridden!   Groomer operators deserve praise in that area.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 9:47 PM, Sksman said:

On Thursday afternoon we rode A trail south from Elk Lake all the way to New Liskeard.   It was in great condition.    Some drifting in fields but still in great condition.

This morning we rode the A trail from New Liskeard to A101D.   It was in great shape.   From Latchford to Temagami was one of best condition trails I have ridden!   Groomer operators deserve praise in that area.

Same. Left NL yesterday, and to Latchford trails were OK. From the dam to Temagami were heavenly. Had lunch at Temagami Shores and continued south. And from Martin River to the D were the same, absolutely perfect

• Like 3