Day trip recommendations out of South River or Paudash SC

Puggz

Looking to do a daytrip to either of these locations.  Any recent experience to share?

Paudash to LSP and back OR South River to Port Loring and back.

I've been on a few "very poor" green trails this year because of the rain (ice) and lack of snow....

Thank you in advance :)

P

Edited by Puggz
Correction

55 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Looking to do a daytrip to either of these locations.  Any recent experience to share?

Paudash to LSP and back OR South River to Restoule and back.

I've been on a few "very poor" green trails this year because of the rain (ice) and lack of snow....

Thank you in advance :)

P

Check out the Windy.com snow depth map at

https://www.windy.com/-Show---add-more-layers/overlays?snowcover,45.878,-79.568,8

Click on any point on the map.

• Like 2

Hey Puggs

Our trails, Buckhorn, are in good shape according to club members. Couple of ice boils out there tho. Both groomers are out everyday.

You could start at the clubhouse or Parking Lot 1 and go north from there. Save you a bit of driving. The 503 is in very good shape according to reports from today.

Don't have any info on the Paudash trails. Know they had groomer issues a 1-2 weeks ago.

Dan

• Like 2

I will be riding that way tomorrow and can report back. Nobel to Seguin up to the 711 to Magnetewan then over to Sundridge for lunch. Then Sundridge to Port Loring and down to Nobel.

Just got in from riding.Rode from Kearney across the Seguin to Sprucedale.Took the 704 to 711 into Magnetawan then the c104d to Sundridge.Then across Lake Bernard to the d trail then d123 to Kearney. Then 302 to 303 back to Sand Lake.All the trails were in good shape.The 711 was freshly groomed.All the trails have a great base. Corners are icy so be careful if carbides are not sharp.Trails in my eyes are the best they have been all year.Just my 02 cents...

• Like 7

Rode 303kms today. Nobel to Sprucedale across the 704 to the 711 to the 712 and on to the C104D in to Sundridge for lunch.

At at the Bernard Bistro (excellent food). NN415 to the C105D toward Loring. All trails to this point were absolutely amazing.

Headed south on the D102C which was not good at all for at least  20kms. Then on the 600 to Ardbeg and then lake trails back to Nobel.

Great overall conditions and snowed a couple inches and still snowing,

• Like 4