Polaris Sno Check today @ 5pm EST - Who's getting one?

Puggz

Well, I could have been tricked into a new Polaris but couldnt pull the trigger.  

Every local dealer I talked to either was sold out of units or was playing full msrp + freight + pdi + admin game with me.   I would have paid list + tax but thats it.   $1000 of extra fees turned me off.    I didnt even have to pay full list for my wifes Ford Bronco but I do understand that the sled dealers are getting very few machines this year.  

Between that and the fact that I own just about every Linq bag known to man as well as a full set of Skidoo clutch tools, I ended up ordering a 23 Renegade 850 XRS (base - no SS or gauge).   My dealer treated me super fair and charged me slightly less than MSRP with no extra fees even though he could have just said full list +++.   

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Well, I could have been tricked into a new Polaris but couldnt pull the trigger.  

Did you mean " talked into "?

Never mind. It's Polaris. You meant to say ' tricked into '  :)

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Congrats on the little one    Not sure if you remember the time we were checking in at Edgewater a few years back    ran into you but didnt know you lol

I do remember checking in that day at the front desk with the wife and you had just walked in. Funny how I can remember years back on certain things, but can’t remember what the wife asked of me yesterday…or even an hour ago lol. 

she likes the edge water, gotta get back there next year. I also won’t forget the next morning I was swapping carbides from my sled to hers in like -35. I can’t remember exactly how cold it was, but I know our room was cold. It was definitely crispy outside. 

• Like 2

Congrats on the newborn @Strong Farmer!!

On 3/3/2022 at 7:47 PM, volunteer2 said:

Email confirmation now   its official.......  I hope .....

How long did it take for email confirmation to come through? I was told 48hrs, but I’m going on almost a week now.

20 minutes ago, stoney said:

Check Junk email?

Isnt that where the skidoo emails go to ? Haha jk!

nothing there, I’m sure it’s just a busy time of year

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Isnt that where the skidoo emails go to ? Haha jk!

nothing there, I’m sure it’s just a busy time of year

Lmao, good one 😂

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Baylaker said:

How long did it take for email confirmation to come through? I was told 48hrs, but I’m going on almost a week now.

Oh I was sweating a bit to  lol. I was in the loop with my salesman. As I said earlier crazy times.  I got verbal confirmation that my name was on a sled. 3 days later I put $ down and a few days later a contract 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Once your dealer locks it in you should get the email, I got mine a couple days after I confirmed with them on my choice 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Chanel and I managed to get up to rickwards in Kearney for a little demo ride last Thursday. Trails were mint! Kinda wish we had gone up for a day or 2. It was +8 on Thursday and Friday was even warmer. 

I got stuck on the Voyageur which is a horrible ride. Chanel got to ride the VR1 and felt very comfortable and confident on it. I rode it for about 5mins but quickly got kicked off. From what I experienced in very soft conditions, handling was great, seat is very cushy compared to my viper. Sled felt planted just like my viper and cornered flat, where sometimes the viper will get a bit of inside ski lift if your really pushing it. 7S display is pretty cool, not sure I would really need it though. If I do give up the thumper, I’m not sure I would spend the extra $1500 or so on the 7S. I’d likely just continue to use my garmin gps. I can always upgrade in the future I guess. 

I think next year after I ride Chanel’s 650 SP for more than 5mins, I’ll have a better idea on whether I’ll be switching. The 650 makes pretty good power and maybe that’s all I would really need. But definitely considering an 850 if I do go back to a 2 stroke. Who knows, if Polaris puts a turbo on that S4 I may consider it. Only around 90hp right now, but if they could get it up to around the 130-140hp range with a turbo, that might entice me. I hate the thought of going back to a 2 stroke as I like to put on big miles. Maybe the 2 strokes are better these days?? I don’t really know. Anyways, here a some photos from Thursday. 

F135254F-7529-4636-8720-189E9425D231.jpeg

6AC43E8F-7B20-4A6D-928C-8B418A0758B3.jpeg

4F50E2FD-BFC1-41D9-8084-18C0A5C06D84.jpeg

65F7DDC1-7194-4660-BAF7-32CA7CF4921F.png

• Like 8

E29E2FF0-AB9C-48DA-9968-5AB812394029.jpeg

73FA9C9D-CE8A-4A5F-9D15-19CC5CB3A6A9.jpeg

6031B6DC-A795-4CD8-A69B-A812CAF54200.jpeg

61254F11-6F9D-47A3-9457-4158FE346410.jpeg

• Like 7

Anyone else still waiting on email confirmation? I spoke with rickwards the other day and they said to wait another week and then contact us again if you still haven’t received it. Yes, Email is correct.

After debating in February on 2023 I decided to take a 2022 850 Matryx Assault instead.   I knew not to expect it anytime soon when I did the deal so was not panicked all winter to get it.

Hopefully it arrives before the fall.

10 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Anyone else still waiting on email confirmation? I spoke with rickwards the other day and they said to wait another week and then contact us again if you still haven’t received it. Yes, Email is correct.

I got mine a few weeks ago 

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

I got mine a few weeks ago 

I put my deposit down on March 2nd, so I just find it a little odd I haven’t got an email yet. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

After debating in February on 2023 I decided to take a 2022 850 Matryx Assault instead.   I knew not to expect it anytime soon when I did the deal so was not panicked all winter to get it.

Hopefully it arrives before the fall.

A friend from Port Perry made a similar decision in taking a late delivery snow checked 2022 650 Matryx Assault that the buyer had walked away from, rather than snow checking a 2023. His 2022 arrived about ten days ago. He saved a couple grand and doesn't have to worry about not having his new sled for the start of next season. 

Has anyone been following the steep fall in prices of late model, low mileage sleds? Seems some Covid sledders might be exiting the sport.

2 hours ago, Baylaker said:

I put my deposit down on March 2nd, so I just find it a little odd I haven’t got an email yet. 

This doesn't sound right. Did you check your credit card online to see if it's been charged ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Check the spam folder it might be there, alternative is call Polaris customer service and they can confirm 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

This doesn't sound right. Did you check your credit card online to see if it's been charged ?

Yep, CC has been charged. Actually just paid that the other day lol

20 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Check the spam folder it might be there, alternative is call Polaris customer service and they can confirm 

Nothing in spam/junk folder. I’ll try calling customer service today. Thanks guys! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tricky said:

A friend from Port Perry made a similar decision in taking a late delivery snow checked 2022 650 Matryx Assault that the buyer had walked away from, rather than snow checking a 2023. His 2022 arrived about ten days ago. He saved a couple grand and doesn't have to worry about not having his new sled for the start of next season. 

Has anyone been following the steep fall in prices of late model, low mileage sleds? Seems some Covid sledders might be exiting the sport.

Lets see how sled market reacts to interest rate increase and fuel price increase.  

Double whammy for some.

Will dealers be stuck in the fall with a bunch of 2023 snow checks?  Might be a good time to buy a new sled if I didn’t just buy 1.

We all knew the bubble wouldn’t last - is it past, who knows, I think too early to tell. 
Travelling sure seems to have bounced back though…..it seems everyone to talk too lately, someone in their circle is either traveling now or plans are put into motion. 

Hopefully as things may unfold, for better or worse, dealers aren’t left in a difficult situation….and in the end things balance out as the norm settles back in.

Just got off the phone with customer support. Didn’t realize it was located in Texas….sounded like the lady just got outta bed. Hope I called the right place lol

they have nothing in their system that I spring ordered a sled. I guess I’m back to calling rickwards tomorrow.