Polaris Sno Check today @ 5pm EST - Who's getting one?

Puggz

2 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Depends where you go. We were up a the Lac Taureau resort just after christmas and you wouldn't believe the number of young people on brand new sleds. All long tracks of one description or another and all with the latest grear (IE one pce suits, mission helmets, etc.)  Sure, this area is the Muskoka of Quebec and lots of $$ up there out of Montreal.  Also, whenever i'm in PQ, I never really see anything close to vintage. Everyone is riding new metal.

Regarding the market growth, I believe its more noticeable because the demand out weighs the supply.  Sure, I'm not impressed on spending north of $20k on a new sled (and not getting exactly what I wanted) but I'll be able to sell my AC for more than I paid for it in 2017.  Just try and order a new pickup truck, now that's painful.

I agree with ya and that I saw the most youth when we were in QC as well, also mostly around mont-valin area and more of the mountain sled riders......but oddly enough when we were in the lodges or restaurants for lunch/dinner, you did not see many younger folks at all.

6 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Touching some high numbers on the boost VR1

Polaris.png

Dream-o-meter .... :coffeenose:

LOL

These are going to be fast - considering upgrading the Titan....

• Like 1

I’m considering the 650 SP 137”. I heard the 650’s are great, and the wife shouldn’t have any problems with the weight of the sled compared to her previous Yamaha viper. 
Decent price I think $14,999+++++

I will also use this sled from time to time, and if it’s any good I may consider selling my viper and getting one myself. Anyone here have a 650 matrix? Are they good trail sleds?

5 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

I’m considering the 650 SP 137”. I heard the 650’s are great, and the wife shouldn’t have any problems with the weight of the sled compared to her previous Yamaha viper. 

I will also use this sled from time to time, and if it’s any good I may consider selling my viper and getting one myself. Anyone here have a 650 matrix? Are they good trail sleds?

As an Ambassador you could argue I am biased, however here's my input.

I have a 21 Assault 850 and a 22 VR1 137 650.

The 650 was purchased primarily for my wife but I will say I am more than impressed with this package. The VR1 and SP will share the same suspension geometry with a different shock package. I would buy one again in a heartbeat. It has strong mid-range power, and when driven kindly it will get great fuel and oil mileage. Any questions feel free to ask.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, -crz- said:

As an Ambassador you could argue I am biased, however here's my input.

I have a 21 Assault 850 and a 22 VR1 137 650.

The 650 was purchased primarily for my wife but I will say I am more than impressed with this package. The VR1 and SP will share the same suspension geometry with a different shock package. I would buy one again in a heartbeat. It has strong mid-range power, and when driven kindly it will get great fuel and oil mileage. Any questions feel free to ask.

I just got off the phone with the lady at Rickwards. She rides a 650 VR1 and also is very happy with it, says her husband doesn’t have to listen to her complain anymore! Lol

My wife has been out of sledding for a couple seasons because we’ve got a 1yr old now, but she wants back into it for next season, just doesn’t want the weight of the viper. 

so I think this 650 might be a good choice for her. Options are nothing special, basic package but that’s all she needs I think. As mentioned in my previous post, I will be riding it from time to time. As much as I love my viper, I’m kinda hoping I love the Polaris more!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

can you still order one ?    my buddy couldn't get a spring order    all sold out 

Rickwards was allotted 62 sleds total. 30 of which are spring order, the rest are pre-built. That’s what I was just told. Only 1 SP 137”, my names on it! 

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Rickwards was allotted 62 sleds total. 30 of which are spring order, the rest are pre-built. That’s what I was just told. Only 1 SP 137”, my names on it! 

way to go :cheers:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

way to go :cheers:

Thanks! Never spring ordered before so kind of exciting, even though it’s for the wife lol

• Like 2

I don't own a poo or a 2-stroke, but I got to ride friends'(husband/wife) 650 VRI 129 and 137 last winter, which was 1st year for that model. They were amazing in steering, bump control and especially the stout motor. The XCsp is a great choice. You will love it! Oh yah, for the wife. Ha! Jeff was coming off a really fast 800, and said his 650 was just as fast to 90 MPH, but the 650 was smoother and easier to ride all day. Hope your wife can kick you off the thing and enjoy 'her' sled.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tricky said:

I don't own a poo or a 2-stroke, but I got to ride friends'(husband/wife) 650 VRI 129 and 137 last winter, which was 1st year for that model. They were amazing in steering, bump control and especially the stout motor. The XCsp is a great choice. You will love it! Oh yah, for the wife. Ha! Jeff was coming off a really fast 800, and said his 650 was just as fast to 90 MPH, but the 650 was smoother and easier to ride all day. Hope your wife can kick you off the thing and enjoy 'her' sled.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the 650 engine and the matryx chassis. I’m really hoping she loves it and just wants to ride! It was always a bit of a struggle getting her out on the Yamaha viper. Love the viper/cat chassis and Yamaha engine, but even I am starting to look for something a bit lighter, and I think Polaris is the way to go. I may end up on an 850 though lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the 650 engine and the matryx chassis. I’m really hoping she loves it and just wants to ride! It was always a bit of a struggle getting her out on the Yamaha viper. Love the viper/cat chassis and Yamaha engine, but even I am starting to look for something a bit lighter, and I think Polaris is the way to go. I may end up on an 850 though lol

Hard to find a disgruntled owner out there, and if you do, they are certainly outnumbered.

Chassis is class leading IMO.

Great purchase.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Baylaker said:

As most of you know my wife typically get new sleds every year and hers every other year, We have had the gamut of Polaris Sleds from 600's, 800's, 850's and now she is on a 2022 VR1 650, we found she never really got the full use out of the 850, after time spent in Minnesota a couple of years ago with @-crz- aka Jason and riding the prototypes I knew the 650 was perfect for her and she just loves it this year, we have about 1300 miles on them so far, not bad considering we only got them about a month ago. It has excellent bottom and mid range power, excellent for brisk trail riding, Top end we are seeing just over 100 mph on the Speedo.

Fuel economy and oil consumption are much better than my 850 for sure.

I have ridden it a few times and can't find fault with it at all.

I see you have ordered one, if you happen to be in Northern Ontario the next week shoot me a PM and we can meet up.

Nunz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 3:19 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Maybe we can figure out a general area of what permit sales are for this year. 

I bought my permit within 6 minutes of sales opening in October. My permit # is  J002009. I'm going to assume its the 9th permit that was odered which would mean that the first permit ordered was J002001.

If we can find someone on the forum who ordered a permit late due to late delivery or whatever, and get their permit #  , then we assume the permits were numbered sequentially it should give us a ballpark figure.

Over 100,000 based on press realease I seen in media in Barrie area a few weeks ago. 20222 was highest permit sales in awhile. 

On 3/2/2022 at 8:02 AM, volunteer2 said:

deposit down     CC charged    but no email with confirmation yet    only  verbal confirmation  

Email confirmation now   its official.......  I hope .....

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Baylaker said:

I just got off the phone with the lady at Rickwards. She rides a 650 VR1 and also is very happy with it, says her husband doesn’t have to listen to her complain anymore! Lol

My wife has been out of sledding for a couple seasons because we’ve got a 1yr old now, but she wants back into it for next season, just doesn’t want the weight of the viper. 

so I think this 650 might be a good choice for her. Options are nothing special, basic package but that’s all she needs I think. As mentioned in my previous post, I will be riding it from time to time. As much as I love my viper, I’m kinda hoping I love the Polaris more!

You will love it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nunz said:

As most of you know my wife typically get new sleds every year and hers every other year, We have had the gamut of Polaris Sleds from 600's, 800's, 850's and now she is on a 2022 VR1 650, we found she never really got the full use out of the 850, after time spent in Minnesota a couple of years ago with @-crz- aka Jason and riding the prototypes I knew the 650 was perfect for her and she just loves it this year, we have about 1300 miles on them so far, not bad considering we only got them about a month ago. It has excellent bottom and mid range power, excellent for brisk trail riding, Top end we are seeing just over 100 mph on the Speedo.

Fuel economy and oil consumption are much better than my 850 for sure.

I have ridden it a few times and can't find fault with it at all.

I see you have ordered one, if you happen to be in Northern Ontario the next week shoot me a PM and we can meet up.

Nunz

Seems like these 650s are the cats a**! I’m actually going to be riding out of Parry Sound tomorrow morning, ardbeg, dunchurch, magnetewan, sprucedale and back. Likely my last ride…as of right now lol.

Is it Fall yet lol? 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Email confirmation now   its official.......  I hope .....

I too am waiting on email confirmation. 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

BTW   where have you been ?   Haven't seen you post in a while   welcome back

I know, the little one has being giving us the runaround…quite the handful lately. Hasn’t been sleeping very well, finally got that figured out though. And we’ve been getting an above average (I think) winter in the south, so been fairly busy with snow removal this year also. Actually can’t believe how much snow we’ve got this year. If only we didn’t get that rain…

Always good to chat with you OC’rs!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

I know, the little one has being giving us the runaround…quite the handful lately. Hasn’t been sleeping very well, finally got that figured out though. And we’ve been getting an above average (I think) winter in the south, so been fairly busy with snow removal this year also. Actually can’t believe how much snow we’ve got this year. If only we didn’t get that rain…

Always good to chat with you OC’rs!

Congrats on the little one    Not sure if you remember the time we were checking in at Edgewater a few years back    ran into you but didnt know you lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Thanks! Never spring ordered before so kind of exciting, even though it’s for the wife lol

Good to see you back.
Polaris are pretty nice. I take that 650 over doo 600 etec in gen 4 , any day myself. Our new born only 2 days old now, so maybe I can get her one in a few years too and join yeah 😎

81971DAE-8335-49C9-AC2C-04D04F5E956A.jpeg

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Good to see you back.
Polaris are pretty nice. I take that 650 over doo 600 etec in gen 4 , any day myself. Our new born only 2 days old now, so maybe I can get her one in a few years too and join yeah 😎

Congrats on the baby   

On 3/2/2022 at 3:56 PM, stoney said:

Dream-o-meter .... :coffeenose:

LOL

These are going to be fast - considering upgrading the Titan....

LOL.  No, not right now.  I'll keep the Titan until warranty is up.  

• Like 1