Polaris Sno Check today @ 5pm EST - Who's getting one?

Puggz

Pricing is out of control for a 2 month hobby.

Love the sleds, they're super nice and have never been more advanced, but I still prefer the simpler times.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Love the sleds, they're super nice and have never been more advanced, but I still prefer the simpler times.

Can't argue with that.   Talked to the locals in Valdor. They just laughed when we talked the length of the seasons. I said we were open for 4 weeks and were happy.  They are 4 months.  But we always knew that.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Two new engines, nice looking lineup 

998 twin 4-stroker S4

900cc non turbo 2-stroker 9R

Where do they use the 4 stroke.  Is this brand new ?

27 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Where do they use the 4 stroke.  Is this brand new ?

yes the S4 is a new 998 twin 4-stroker in their adventure and utility sleds

the new 1000cc ProStar S4 engine is in the “under 100 horsepower

Polaris ProStar S4 Engine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

yes & no - there are more cost effective choices to pick from vs. only looking at the Cadillac options.

You tend to hear more about the purchases of the higher end vehicles vs. the entry level ones seeing as most have been sledders for a while so worked their way up to that, and I think kind of expect or feel they deserve that.

But, no matter whether you buy the Chevette or Cadillac, the season near here is way to short when you think about the investment you have made and the return.

• Like 2

I think the release went well last night, they finally addressed the gap in the lineup with the new 4 stroke and hopefully a sign of bigger and better things to come.

The Boosted trail sleds are very interesting for sure.

Time to make a decision as to what to order very soon.

Kinda of wished there was a Boost XCR but maybe next year we will see it.

If anyone is interested I will be selling my 2022 XCR 136 850 at the end of the season. PM me 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nunz said:

I think the release went well last night, they finally addressed the gap in the lineup with the new 4 stroke and hopefully a sign of bigger and better things to come.

The Boosted trail sleds are very interesting for sure.

Time to make a decision as to what to order very soon.

Kinda of wished there was a Boost XCR but maybe next year we will see it.

If anyone is interested I will be selling my 2022 XCR 136 850 at the end of the season. PM me 

Not a POO guy, but I agree - it was a good one.

10 minutes ago, stoney said:

yes & no - there are more cost effective choices to pick from vs. only looking at the Cadillac options.

You tend to hear more about the purchases of the higher end vehicles vs. the entry level ones seeing as most have been sledders for a while so worked their way up to that, and I think kind of expect or feel they deserve that.

But, no matter whether you buy the Chevette or Cadillac, the season near here is way to short when you think about the investment you have made and the return.

Entry level XC is over 16K........, an EVO is over 10k ( for kids ).

Things have gotten stupid.

You will not grow sledding with that - you will keep the die hards - which you need - but show me a line of newbies dropping 20 + to get into sledding - it's not happening.

I was able to buy a brand new dirt bike, bike hauler, and outfit my son for just under $5,000.00 last summer. He can ride from April till November.

Could I buy him a brand new entry level sled, outfit him, and haul it around for the same?

No chance. 

Great line up - sleds look amazing and I am sure ride even better, but pricing is out of touch.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Help me understand why everyone is so eager to sell their barely used 2022 models in favor of a 2023? Especially with all the supply issues.

Hell most don't even have 2-3000kms on their sleds. Are all these sleds so unreliable after 1 year? I guess I don't understand as I have had Yamaha or Yamaha engine'd sleds for many years with no warranty issues. 2008 Apex LT-X Anniversary with 32,000kms, 2017 Sidewinder LT-X with 24,000kms and now a 2019 SRX with a bunch. 

I think for most it has to do with trade in value. Either have to keep flipping a sled every year or keep it 10 to make the price worthwhile.

I'd be on the new sled every year for a couple of grand out of pocket train too if I could only afford the first stop.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

You will not grow sledding with that - you will keep the die hards - which you need - but show me a line of newbies dropping 20 + to get into sledding - it's not happening.

Actually on that topic of growing the sport, we know sled sales is way up......I wonder how the permit sales went for this year - I do not recall any info on that, might have missed it though (I know another topic discussion, but somewhat relevant).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Have the dealers been cut back on spring deals ?  Will Polaris have floor models ?  

they have been cut back huge from what I have been told, I would think Floor models will be very scare as Snowcheck demand is crazy since last night.

• Thanks 1

I thought in the video they noted both less units available for 2023 and a shorter snow check window to combat what happened this past year.....and avoid it of course.

Has anyone got a price from a Polaris dealer on a 23?    Is it full list +++? 

My Doo dealer has offered me a "little" bit of a discount but nothing spectacular.    

1 minute ago, scottyr said:

My Doo dealer has offered me a "little" bit of a discount but nothing spectacular.    

that will be par for the course for sure.

3 minutes ago, Nunz said:

that will be par for the course for sure.

I can deal with list in todays market, but extra add-ons drive me mental.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I can deal with list in todays market, but extra add-ons drive me mental.    

I hear ya for sure. Plus the feeling of being rushed to make a decison, last night during the release it was almost panicky. 

26 minutes ago, stoney said:

Actually on that topic of growing the sport, we know sled sales is way up......I wonder how the permit sales went for this year - I do not recall any info on that, might have missed it though (I know another topic discussion, but somewhat relevant).

Don't get confused in the wording.

"New" sled sales might be up - but if those aren't first time buyers - that's the same people buying or trading up, which means nothing for "growth".

15 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Cause there is "little" in the actual sled for them.

"Lots" in the accessories and add-on's though

1 minute ago, Spiderman said:

Cause there is "little" in the actual sled for them.

"Lots" in the accessories and add-on's though

He always gives me a healthy discount on parts and accessories which helps ease the pain.   

1 minute ago, scottyr said:

He always gives me a healthy discount on parts and accessories which helps ease the pain.   

Yup, the good dealers do, add some shine on the service if/when you need it and that's all you can ask for.

7 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Don't get confused in the wording.

"New" sled sales might be up - but if those aren't first time buyers - that's the same people buying or trading up, which means nothing for "growth".

That is why I noted permit sales and up or down - up for new ridership.

Agreed, new sled sales does not equal new riders to the sport!

4 hours ago, stoney said:

Maybe we can figure out a general area of what permit sales are for this year. 

I bought my permit within 6 minutes of sales opening in October. My permit # is  J002009. I'm going to assume its the 9th permit that was odered which would mean that the first permit ordered was J002001.

If we can find someone on the forum who ordered a permit late due to late delivery or whatever, and get their permit #  , then we assume the permits were numbered sequentially it should give us a ballpark figure.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Maybe we can figure out a general area of what permit sales are for this year. 

I bought my permit within 6 minutes of sales opening in October. My permit # is  J002009. I'm going to assume its the 9th permit that was odered which would mean that the first permit ordered was J002001.

If we can find someone on the forum who ordered a permit late due to late delivery or whatever, and get their permit #  , then we assume the permits were numbered sequentially it should give us a ballpark figure.

J092742 Jan 27

• Like 1