Elk Lake - Englehart L162 & A Trail

probill

Thinking of doing day trips out of New Liskeard next week. I see L162 and part of the A trail south of L162 has been showing yellow for a while. Anyone been on it lately and can advise how rideable these trails are or the reason why they are yellow when the trails around them are green?? Maybe logging or contractors working in the area? Dont mind riding a few km of tough conditions but dont want to do it for 10k or more. Thanks

In years past we have taken the L162 and L161 to get back to New Liskeard. Great enjoyable trails, when status Green. Unless the status changes to Green, Sunday I will lead us up north along the A trail, as Yellow can mean not groomed in a long time, logging and minimum snow, all of which make for a tuff and/or day.

I hope someone has more info, for both of us.

5 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

In years past we have taken the L162 and L161 to get back to New Liskeard. Great enjoyable trails, when status Green. Unless the status changes to Green, Sunday I will lead us up north along the A trail, as Yellow can mean not groomed in a long time, logging and minimum snow, all of which make for a tuff and/or day.

I hope someone has more info, for both of us.

The part of the A trail thats yellow only amounts to less than 7 km. Not a big deal if its a bit rough. That trail portion is an Elk Lake Trail. They had a groomer break down on Feb. 15th and a 2-3 week wait for the parts. That may have an effect on groomer frequency on their trails if they haven't found a replacement groomer to use.

I was on it on Monday, all good plus another 30cm of snow since. No lack of snow in this area.

• Like 1

Just got back from 5 days in New Liskeard, Good dumping of snow on Tuesday, Was a challenge riding on Wednesday till the groomers got out, was a great week exploring the area.

May be an image of 1 person and natureMay be an image of 3 people and outdoorsMay be an image of 2 people and natureMay be an image of snow, tree, nature and mountainMay be an image of snow, ski slope, tree, nature and mountain

• Like 15

^^^Awesome pictures.

• Thanks 1

Just got back from New Liskeard. The A trail is terrible. We stayed local and used the connector loops. Hopefully they will get a groomer soon.

Avoid the A Trail.

• Thanks 1