Halfway Haven

Turbo Doo

30 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

5 feet-most I've seen in over 25 yrs. up there!

That's probably why you encountered the wolf, that's allot of snow to try and maneuver in. Probably wouldn't   bother with you if stopped, they are very timid. I have tried to get close to them, never had any luck. Beautiful animal.

8 hours ago, Wildman said:

That's probably why you encountered the wolf, that's allot of snow to try and maneuver in. Probably wouldn't   bother with you if stopped, they are very timid. I have tried to get close to them, never had any luck. Beautiful animal.

It wasn't this year-he was far from timid!

1 hour ago, Muskoka1 said:

It wasn't this year-he was far from timid!

I mean if you where stopped and he was walking up the trail, he probably would have stopped long before he got to you. I can see him being pissed when you ride by though. Not to many people get to see them that close. A friend of mine walked out of a cabin and there was 1 standing around 30y from him, he just stopped and looked at it and it bolted,

• Like 1

My daughter had one (wolf) at least that close, only SHE was the one that bolted!

At 14 yrs old and not all that much experience, she held that 470 liquid to the bars while trying to navigate a swamp, knowing full well that he was nipping at her snowflap the whole way - 'till she found someone. (me)

That was the last time that she has came to Canada with me, and the 2nd last time she has went sledding.

(Partly doo to being busy with other stuff as she got older, but ....)

• Like 1