Music to ride to

GrizzlyGriff

I think I’m ready for some tunes while I ride. Maybe some AC/DC. Any recommendations for a sound system in my Mission helmet?

• LuvMyViper changed the title to Music to ride to
4 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

I think I’m ready for some tunes while I ride. Maybe some AC/DC. Any recommendations for a sound system in my Mission helmet?

My buddy has a Domio on his mission and loves it.

Thanks Steve. I went to their website. Interesting that no earphones are needed. 

I thought that was interesting too.  Does it say how it attaches to the helmet.  I have two helmets and if I could swap it back and forth I could see one of those being ordered for next year.

On 2/23/2022 at 1:47 PM, GrizzlyGriff said:

Thanks Steve. I went to their website. Interesting that no earphones are needed. 

It works great. We use his helmet as a music speaker in the warm up shacks. Not perfect crisp sound but it works and the battery life seems pretty darn good too.

On 2/23/2022 at 1:56 PM, Proxrider said:

I thought that was interesting too.  Does it say how it attaches to the helmet.  I have two helmets and if I could swap it back and forth I could see one of those being ordered for next year.

Comes with a mount similar to go pro mount. Easily switch back and forth

our choice is the Sena 20s units. blue tooth, no separate battery, cell compatible, communications are good. battery lasts 8+ hours, even at -30. has noise cancelling communications, you can even take a cell call, and they cant hear you are on sled, bike, pwc, etc... Ski 

Cardo Packtalk bold. We use it in a group of 8. Intercom lights up immediately, as soon as you turn it on, great memory. Fantastic Bluetooth music from Spotify, again, always remembers, no fiddling . Voice activated commands. You won’t be sorry.

I like to listen to the music my engine puts out.    I listen to music on my street bike but have zero interest in listening to music or taking calls/texts on my sled.    I guess I am just turning into grumpy old man  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to wear my earphones regularly, but I found a full day - with the balaclava tight against my head, my ears would get sore.

I am sure there was way better systems and ways to do it, but I was just too lazy to figure it out.

I also drive like a wild man with tunes - so probably a good thing I don't ride with them now.

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2022 at 12:32 PM, Spiderman said:

I used to wear my earphones regularly, but I found a full day - with the balaclava tight against my head, my ears would get sore.

I am sure there was way better systems and ways to do it, but I was just too lazy to figure it out.

I also drive like a wild man with tunes - so probably a good thing I don't ride with them now.

The domio is designed with nothing inside the helmet. It has great reviews and is 25% off right now.