Quebec - Feb 18-21 2022 review

Chickey6.archived

Second year heading to Quebec for an extended long weekend & both fabulous experiences. 

2021 we started at Meekos & did 100 Lacs & Cheval & loops in that area. Great trails but became a little monotonous at times only seeing trees & huge wide sweeping trails on logging roads. All stops, stays & foods were fabulous. 

2022 we went on the free weekend & people warned us that it would be crazy busy. 
We left each day from our friends shop in Gatineau, even though our Motel was on the trails, about 10 minutes from the shop. It Was nice to get on warm thawed out sleds each morning 😁

With being the free weekend, we were very shocked at the lack of sleds we saw. I don’t think we saw any that were there for the free weekend & really not much local traffic each day. People must have headed further north? 

Beautiful fast trails!! 
Groomed each night & usually again around dinner time. 

It was fantastic to enjoy a huge variety of trail types. Single wide trails, two lane, tight technical trails, huge highway style, as well as many ups & downs in the mountains. 
Incredibly breathtaking views & so many deer that were not afraid of the sleds. 

We stopped at a few of the warm up shacks, as well as club houses. Everyone was beyond friendly & welcoming. 

We had one sled break down & numerous people stopped to see if they could assist & offered suggestions. Thankfully was repaired & ready to ride the next day. 

All in all… can’t wait to go back!!

Hoping again this year before spring!! 

DE9C2C1E-CA93-4DED-B04D-FCD1E599D3DF.thumb.jpeg.189e26cb55cf14cbb249f2e70485b126.jpeg56538F73-7640-4E86-A230-733EC8975348.thumb.jpeg.93d57a4d3162b2be85509a2591ec907c.jpegBF93E668-B0F4-4BC3-A725-496768DE2C98.thumb.jpeg.a438ee45b0fece180a606826e85b5430.jpeg1A59733D-EFFB-4263-B7F5-35AAB0F7C174.thumb.jpeg.3be09c503ae882ea8d1156afa2c5b05b.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chickey6 said:

Second year heading to Quebec for an extended long weekend & both fabulous experiences. 

2021 we started at Meekos & did 100 Lacs & Cheval & loops in that area. Great trails but became a little monotonous at times only seeing trees & huge wide sweeping trails on logging roads. All stops, stays & foods were fabulous. 

2022 we went on the free weekend & people warned us that it would be crazy busy. 
We left each day from our friends shop in Gatineau, even though our Motel was on the trails, about 10 minutes from the shop. It Was nice to get on warm thawed out sleds each morning 😁

With being the free weekend, we were very shocked at the lack of sleds we saw. I don’t think we saw any that were there for the free weekend & really not much local traffic each day. People must have headed further north? 

Beautiful fast trails!! 
Groomed each night & usually again around dinner time. 

It was fantastic to enjoy a huge variety of trail types. Single wide trails, two lane, tight technical trails, huge highway style, as well as many ups & downs in the mountains. 
Incredibly breathtaking views & so many deer that were not afraid of the sleds. 

We stopped at a few of the warm up shacks, as well as club houses. Everyone was beyond friendly & welcoming. 

We had one sled break down & numerous people stopped to see if they could assist & offered suggestions. Thankfully was repaired & ready to ride the next day. 

All in all… can’t wait to go back!!

Hoping again this year before spring!! 

DE9C2C1E-CA93-4DED-B04D-FCD1E599D3DF.thumb.jpeg.189e26cb55cf14cbb249f2e70485b126.jpeg56538F73-7640-4E86-A230-733EC8975348.thumb.jpeg.93d57a4d3162b2be85509a2591ec907c.jpegBF93E668-B0F4-4BC3-A725-496768DE2C98.thumb.jpeg.a438ee45b0fece180a606826e85b5430.jpeg1A59733D-EFFB-4263-B7F5-35AAB0F7C174.thumb.jpeg.3be09c503ae882ea8d1156afa2c5b05b.jpeg

Last picture - now that's what I call a lineup!

I hear ya, no Ont. pass for me next year - I'm buying property in PQ :)

7 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Seven sleds & eight people each day. Five sleds & people from Ontario. 

10 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Some of the best Ontario rides this year were based out of the Northumberland forest this year for us! 
probably 5-6 full days. 

9 hours ago, Chickey6 said:

Some of the best Ontario rides this year were based out of the Northumberland forest this year for us! 
probably 5-6 full days. 

If its groomed, signed and has lots of snow it doesn't matter which province it's in.  Both are great when conditions are right.

17 hours ago, Chickey6 said:

probably 5-6 full days. 

Crazy!  Ours was out of Timmins but its the same drive to Mont Laurier for us so might as well go to PQ.

9 hours ago, signfan said:

If its groomed, signed and has lots of snow it doesn't matter which province it's in.  Both are great when conditions are right.

I respectfully disagree.  PQ trails are better overall from a season length perspective and grooming frequency. Now I have experience trails in poor conditions in Quebec but I knew that going in because of the grooming status on the map.  My perspective, just like a nose, everyone has one. :)

35 minutes ago, Puggz said:

I respectfully disagree.  PQ trails are better overall from a season length perspective and grooming frequency. Now I have experience trails in poor conditions in Quebec but I knew that going in because of the grooming status on the map.  My perspective, just like a nose, everyone has one. :)

Another aspect to PQ is the atmosphere. 

Lovely warm up shacks to enjoy & share a snack. Incredible Chalet's with outdoor fires, fabulous food & drinks. 

People we have met on the trails are so friendly & helpful! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chickey6 said:

Lovely warm up shacks to enjoy & share a snack. Incredible Chalet's with outdoor fires, fabulous food & drinks. 

So true!

12 hours ago, Chickey6 said:

All true-been going for over 25 yrs.-last week with wife/next week with the guys. Went 5x one year-NEVER disappointed!