Hats off to Our Groomer Operators

Turbo Doo

It’s shocking how some treat volunteers, doesn’t matter the organization. Those who complain will never appreciate the effort others put in! 

• Like 1

Read this earlier today. Sad.

It would be my last day in the groomer if it happened to me, probably because I’d be breaking some of the rules in the agreement that we sign to be operators.  Don’t think we are allowed to punch anyone, maybe I should reread the paperwork.

• Like 4

Riding with my 9 year daughter today and a couple of  things are noted by her all on her own.

First comment:

• daddy why are there so many tracks off the trail
  • I ask her if she thought that was okay
  • she tells me no, they should not do that
  • I tell her that is correct and that is why we are running down more roads than ever before

Second comment:

• She sees a sign that states, "if you have time to complain, you have time to help" and she reads it out loud to me
  • I ask her again what she thought of that, she says that make sense, why would someone complain if they are not willing to help 
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Crow said:

Read this earlier today. Sad.

It would be my last day in the groomer if it happened to me, probably because I’d be breaking some of the rules in the agreement that we sign to be operators.  Don’t think we are allowed to punch anyone, maybe I should reread the paperwork.

I be taking his keys and throwing it in bush 🤣, if it was me. He can walk him in snow storm. Un real. 

1 hour ago, ecarnell said:

Next time we head out for a tour I'm buying 10 $5 Tim’s cards to give the groomers I met along the way. Keep them in my right front pocket easy to get out.

crazy people comments . 

That is what 02sled did. RIP. I was thinking of that too. Saw 3 machines out in the last few days 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Yet more entitled BS on our beloved NCDN trails...

Screenshot_20220221-212812_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ya that area is full of wanna bee entitled ones.  Saw that last year. Way shorter trailer ride to ville Marie and go.  Definitely a different mind set there

We've had this happen to operators in the past. It's never good.

We groom the trails in and out of North Bay which is a thankless job because it could be done every day and still be trash by 5pm. 

It would be my last day in a groomer if I was bitched at like this.

• Like 2

Tasteless - and hopefully operators just brush it off and move on.

If I got upset every time someone lashed out in my line of work, I'd be out of work by 9:30 a.m. each and every day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Yet more entitled BS on our beloved NCDN trails...

Screenshot_20220221-212812_Samsung Internet.jpg

I do not think this inquire will apply to this exact scenario given the location, but can some one with the knowledge confirm that if a cottage road becomes an OFSC trail in the winter, are the residents of cottages along that road/trail allowed to take there motive of transportation from serviced road to their cottage i.e. side by side or ATV?

I know I have seen this on Bear Lake Rd (trail 65) as well I saw it yesterday on either D102B or D103B a group coming from their cottage or perhaps camp on a side by side.

56 minutes ago, stoney said:

I do not think this inquire will apply to this exact scenario given the location, but can some one with the knowledge confirm that if a cottage road becomes an OFSC trail in the winter, are the residents of cottages along that road/trail allowed to take there motive of transportation from serviced road to their cottage i.e. side by side or ATV?

I know I have seen this on Bear Lake Rd (trail 65) as well I saw it yesterday on either D102B or D103B a group coming from their cottage or perhaps camp on a side by side.

If it's their deeded right of way into their cottage - they can take whatever method they want - OFSC trail or not.

13 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

If it's their deeded right of way into their cottage - they can take whatever method they want - OFSC trail or not.

That is what I would have expected, but when legal documents are signed giving the OFSC right of way for a period of time, I just wondered what they looked like from the OFSC legal side.

Other option is the cottage owners of the road could try to get that road plowed full time - I know that is what has been discussed a fair amount for trail 65, which would suck for the trail side of it.

My point though of course is if you see a side by side or ATV, this scenario could be at play before you jump to conclusions on why they are on the trail :right_on: .

• Like 3

I really like the idea of the gift card I read in here.

It's a small, yet brilliant way to give back.

• Like 2

We have a few “no winter maintenance “ roads here. One in particular has several camps on it, and nobody plows it off luckily.

I am surprised they don’t, but maybe the hopes are that someone won’t just drive in and clean the place out? When I come across the atv tracks there now, I can almost guarantee it’s camp owners going to check on their place. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Crow said:

We have a few “no winter maintenance “ roads here. One in particular has several camps on it, and nobody plows it off luckily.

I am surprised they don’t, but maybe the hopes are that someone won’t just drive in and clean the place out? When I come across the atv tracks there now, I can almost guarantee it’s camp owners going to check on their place. 

Theft makes sense - making it harder for the thieving bastards to get too at least a few months of the year.

My BIL's camp near Kingston was broken into in the fall and a bunch of a stuff was taken, I do not think much if any damage though, so that is a positive, if there is one.

3 hours ago, stoney said:

That is what I would have expected, but when legal documents are signed giving the OFSC right of way for a period of time, I just wondered what they looked like from the OFSC legal side.

Other option is the cottage owners of the road could try to get that road plowed full time - I know that is what has been discussed a fair amount for trail 65, which would suck for the trail side of it.

My point though of course is if you see a side by side or ATV, this scenario could be at play before you jump to conclusions on why they are on the trail :right_on: .

Thats the best part about agreements. Some clubs will work with the cottagers or associations to mitigate having a trail. Signage, keeping the trail plowed down enough for every user group to have a benefit. Sometimes ofsc trails can't always be exclusive.  

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 9:24 PM, ecarnell said:

Next time we head out for a tour I'm buying 10 $5 Tim’s cards to give the groomers I met along the way. Keep them in my right front pocket easy to get out.

crazy people comments . 

Good thread. Thanks.

I once pulled up to a groomer as I was leaving cottage by car - he stopped, I handed him a bottle of wine _corked ...consume at home :) and thanked him. Great guy. 

• Like 4