Review - Cedar Meadows Resort in Timmins

Puggz

As some of you have read my lodging reviews and may have even reply-ed to my post on planning a trip to Timmins, I have to say that we were pretty dissapointed with the CMR.  First off, I booked it online because I kept getting different rates from the person on the phone. Turns out they had 3 different prices for the same room.  Well after over 8hrs on the road, I had to pull out my laptop to prove that the rate noted in my booking was less than the rate charged.   We were also quoted $25 fee for our pet. Turned out to be $25/day when we checked out. Everywhere else was a fixed rate per stay.

First day out we spent the day going to Cochrane and when we got back, all of our food in the tiniest little fridge was all warm.  Asked reception to get us a new fridge and were told that its hooked up to a light switch. Maybe a label on the switch or at least letting us know? The front desk was pretty much useless.  Not only all of our beer/wine was warm, I brought up some imported cheeses and meats.  Also, no microwave in the room.  Really?

Food - well we only had one breakfast and they couldn't even get the bacon right (burned) so we ate away from the resort after that. 

For over $200/night plus the pet fee, I can't see the value. Their last Trip Advisor sticker on the door was 2018, maybe that should tell them something.

I would still stay there, in a basic room, if I was with a bunch of guys. Not a place for a couple, at least not this couple..

Edit - another thing I forgot, the room has a tiny table w/2 chairs. The fabric seats on the chairs were soiled to a point that my wife put them out in the hall.  That was the start of our stay! YaY!

• Like 3

• Puggz changed the title to Review - Cedar Meadows Resort in Timmins
19 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Is this not Cedar Meadows Resort?

Yes... :(  Now corrected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

“”we were pretty dissapointed with the ELR.””

what is the ELR?  Sounds like something I want to avoid. 

Yes, and you might want to avoid CMR...

Thanks for the information.  What are the other Timmins snowmobile choices? And how would riders rate them? ( For example- group of guys, staging from Timmins ).

We've always stayed at  Super 8. Casey's next door for dinner. It's been a few years. Seems like many new chain hotels.

14 hours ago, Canuck said:

Thanks for the information.  What are the other Timmins snowmobile choices? And how would riders rate them? ( For example- group of guys, staging from Timmins ).

We've always stayed at  Super 8. Casey's next door for dinner. It's been a few years. Seems like many new chain hotels.

This year Day 1 (Sunday) is NL to Cochrane, because in 2020 we learned that Casey's isn't open on Sundays anymore. We ended up walking down the road to a take-out style fast food chain outlet - Ok but not a Casey's. We have been using the Super 8\Caseys for many years (even back to when they use to put up a cage for the sleds.) No complaints with the hotel and easy enough to get to by sled. 

2020 trip 1 Yamaha\Cat had an issue while we were at lunch in Folyet, called Timmins dealer for pick-up, stuck at Timmins a few days, staying at the Travelodge. This years trip we will try the Travelodge, based on his recommendation  East Side Marios next door. Hotel lot looks big and the trail seems to run to it. 

Super 8 - if not a Sunday stay. 

Travelodge - Waits to be seen.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

So what is an ELR ?

In today's vernacular, it would be know as a TYPO..  🤸‍♀️