Hornpayne Lunch Options 2022

Gadgetman

We will do a day trip to HP from Hearst early March, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what the lunch options are at HP this year. 

Esso station still have sandwiches?

Any of those lunch stops in town open?

(May also be a good day to roast hot dogs on the trail.)

Thanks

I think the two options are Cindy's and this one, There was a thread on FB about places to stay and eat in HP

May be an image of pizza

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Always been a fan of Cindy's. Daily special is usually good. Can't go wrong with the burger. Nice that there appears to be an alternative.

• Like 2

if you are leaving hearst shortly after breakfast, it is only 2-3 hours tops to Hornepayne. I dont know about you but, that is too soon for me to eat. we usually would bust butt, to eat in Dubreuilville, or suck it up one more hour and eat at the Big Bear in Hawk Junction. then you only have a 30 minute ride or so to Wawa.

with that said, Cindy's is your best bet. too bad the hospital isnt open for lunch anymore, that was a great place to eat, for reasonable fees. 

Ski

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

if you are leaving hearst shortly after breakfast, it is only 2-3 hours tops to Hornepayne. I dont know about you but, that is too soon for me to eat. we usually would bust butt, to eat in Dubreuilville, or suck it up one more hour and eat at the Big Bear in Hawk Junction. then you only have a 30 minute ride or so to Wawa.

with that said, Cindy's is your best bet. too bad the hospital isnt open for lunch anymore, that was a great place to eat, for reasonable fees. 

Ski

Not doing the big loop now. Back in at Hearst that night, and with Dubreville being 294KM, not an option round trip. The Hearst/Hornpayne day trip is an easy day, leave at 9, lunch around noon, maybe the L191 and back to the hotel. Years ago got us into the hot tub before the water got grimy at the hotel.

I think we hit Cindys a few years back, not sure if that was before or after the place across from the Esso closed after I think 1 season or so.

I think I'll suggest the trail side dog roast that day based on the forecast I'm seeing.

Thanks 

• Like 1